Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
auralerogeny is back! With brand new Pictures!

Many of you may remember me, but to many others I may be a new face here at HeroScapers. It's been a long, rough year.

I'm going to post a bunch of pictures of maps that I've designed since I've been gone, something I've been planning on doing for a while. I haven't really had the opportunity to play much since I moved from Raleigh, but I have created a few battlefields that I am fairly proud of, and have also been dabbling with a bit of photography along the way.

I will add many many pictures to this thread, so check back for updates.

"The Two Towers"

This map was designed to have five different crossing points over the river which divides this map in half. There are the two RTTF bridges, the tower bridge, the wooden bridge at the top which crosses over the waterfall, as well as through the tundra at the back.

I love little nooks and crannies, I intentionally put them in every map I design. This one has a narrow path that winds completely under this bridge at the front of the map.

The bridge was a custom I built myself. I wanted a bridge made out of wood (balsa) that was longer than the RTTF five hexer, and two hexes wide. So I decided on one that was seven hexes wide on one side and six on the other. You count the spaces using the posts, they are measured specifically. This bridge actually locks into the terrain, and is very stable. I may post more pictures of just this bridge later on.

This one is a good shot of the overhang behind the towers. I was just trying to push the system a little bit and see how far I could safely stretch over the edge of the table. I was fairly happy with the results.

I played several games on this map, and every one was intensely fun. With so many options for deployment and attack avenues, no two games were alike.

Just for an interesting perspective, here's a far out shot to show you the "photo shoot" aspect of these pictures. If you look closely you'll see that I have several lamps, flashlights, colored bulbs, background, etc. I really had fun making these pictures, and I'm glad that I did. These were taken over a year ago, and I'm glad that I took the time.

"The Other Tower"

For this map, I literally reused the last map and just reconfigured the castle on the top of the hill. As you can see I was in the process of moving. This was in my loft apartment in Raleigh, the ceilings in this place were literally 20 feet high...

"The New Toy Room!"

Once I moved to Greenville, I finally got my own man-cave. I no longer had to have my various collections of things scattered throughout the house. This was the beginning of something exciting! Alas, I'd move away again within another few months...

This is just a fun shot, playing around with foreign objects...I placed a miniature Stonehenge set (on a Lazy Susan nonetheless, for all that rotational enjoyment) in front of a stone sphere that caught my eye at the Smithsonian in D.C.

I just wish that I'd have taken two seconds to put up my background...grrr...

"Widow's Peak"

This map was rediculously fun to build. It took a couple of days to make, since on a couple of occasions I had to backtrack and redesign all the little caves and passageways corkscrewing through the mountain. I don't think that these pictures really do all the little intricate paths justice, as you can't really see quite how many there are.

I never played on this board, and realistically it probably wouldn't be very fun to play anyways, unless you had an entire army of kyries and fliers.

I hope that these maps may prove to be an inspiration to some, and eye candy for others. Since I so rarely get the opportunity to play, making these worlds is the only way for me to get my HS fix for the past year or so.

P.S. Here is a link that will take you to auralerogeny's old map thread, where there are many other designs I've shared before. If you like what you see here, I'd recommend checking the older ones out as well...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3867

Click to see more...

Last edited by auralerogeny; September 5th, 2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old August 25th, 2008, 01:18 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Re: auralerogeny is back!

Sweet maps man!
Love your castle styles.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:44 AM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: auralerogeny is back! With brand new Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny View Post

"Widow's Peak"

Me likey.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Keep 'em coming...

-insert signature here-
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

You've got some great looking stuff in here!

This one makes me want to play Marvel units on it...
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love Widow's peak. Will we get building instructions to it?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love widow's peak excellent work, I can't wait to see more of your maps!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

This map looks gorgeous and that custom bridge looks awesome man!

Old August 26th, 2008, 11:58 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Great job! I, too, like nooks and crannies in my maps
Old August 27th, 2008, 12:11 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

I am *very* glad to see you back. The map on the right in your sig has been an inspiration for me for some time now, and your new maps get me excited about map design all over again. Keep building and keep sharing, your designs are awesome!
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:53 AM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart

Thanks for all the praise, I've really missed hanging out here...I have a bunch of other pics that I've taken over the last year, but they are on a CD somewhere, which I have to find. I've moved a couple of times since I was last active on this site. I now have internet again, although it is very slow compared to what I was used to.

Also, is there some reason that the pictures in my sig no longer link to my old map thread? There was a LOT of stuff in there. I know that it worked a couple of months ago, I checked up on it once while lurking over the summer...

Click to see more...
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:03 AM

Barbasol is surprisingly tart

I think I found your old map thread by searching on threads started by you:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3867

Awesome stuff!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios