Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old October 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
The Great Heroscape QUIZ - CLOSED

THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED - ANSWERS AND WINNER LISTED IN THE POST BENEATH THIS ONE!

I have got so much out of this site since joining, I wanted to give something back - so here is your chance to win some special custom made scenery to add something unique to your future Heroscape games! As some of you may know, I have been offering some custom Guardian Lion Statues and Columns up for trade recently. I have some spares, after both myself and my wife have been beavering away, evening after evening, making tons of this stuff.

The Prize
Offered now, as first prize in this competition, is a set of 4 customised columns and 2 customized lion statues, pictured below. (The actual prize pieces will be slightly different in appearance - no two pieces of custom scenery are ever exactly the same)

The winner will get these items posted through to them, at no expense to themselves! Wow!

The Rules
1. You have to be a member of this site since October 1st or before.
2. Your post count has to be over 50.
3. Entries have to be PM'd to me - anyone posting answers on this thread (or any other threads) will not only be disqualified, but will be ruining it for everyone else, and the competition will be cancelled
4. Only one entry per person - once you have PM'd me your answers, you cannot change or add to them, so be sure you have done all you can!
5. Entries will be accepted up until 11.59pm, 4th November, GMT.
6. You have to be a resident of the planet Earth. (Too expensive to post off-planet )
7. You cannot be related to me (sorry Shadow and Nickilla13 )

The Competition
At the bottom of this post there are 50 numbered pictures. Each picture is taken from a Heroscape card. You have to name as many cards as you can from the pictures. The person with the highest number of correct answers by the time the competition closes on the 4th of November wins. In the event of a tie, the winner will be picked at random from the joint highest scorers, picked by my 2 year old daughter so theres no dodgy doings!
PM me your entries, DO NOT POST THEM IN THIS THREAD. PM your list of answers, numbered 1-50, with a card name for as many of the 50 pictures that you can identify. Please dont PM me the pictures (just the numbered answers) because I figure the pictures will fill my mailbox dead quick.

Good luck to everyone! I think there are some really difficult ones in here

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

11. 12. 13. 14. 15.

16. 17. 18. 19. 20.

21. 22. 23. 24. 25.

26. 27. 28. 29. 30.

31. 32. 33. 34. 35.

36. 37. 38. 39. 40.

41. 42. 43. 44.

45. 46. 47.

48. 49. 50.
Old October 28th, 2006, 03:19 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
The Correct Answers

1. Dzu Teh
2. Kozuke Samurai
3. Finn
4. Major Q9
5. Zettian Guard
6. Morsbane
7. Laglor
8. Deathwalker 9000
9. Thorgrim
10. Sir Hawthorne
11. MacDirk Warriors
12. Parmenio
13. Krug
14. Deathwalker 7000
15. Sir Denrick
16. Shaolin Monks
17. Sentinels Of Jandar
18. Marro Drones
19. Roman Legionnaires
20. Kelda
21. Me Burq Sa
22. Ninjas Of The Northern Wind
23. Marcus Decimus Gallus
24. Acolarh
25. Gladiatrons
26. Armoc Vipers
27. Agent Carr
28. Alistair MacDirk
29. Anubian Wolves
30. 4th Massachussets Line
31. Dund
32. Raelin
33. Sir Gilbert
34. Venoc Warlord
35. Crixus
36. Jotun
37. Khosomet
38. Ne Gok Sa
39. Gorillinators
40. Minions Of Utgar
41. Mimring
42. Dumatef
43. Retiarius
44. Sudema

Something of a "trick" question this next one, having two acceptable answers

45. Syvarris / Dead Eye Dan
46. Theracus
47. Braxas
48. Grimnak

Another "trick" question, again with two acceptable answers

49. Major X17 / Gladiatrons
50. Krav Maga Agents

Entries Received

Several people managed to get 50 correct out of 50 - congratulations to you all! Everyone else wasnt too far off. Below is a list of all entries received. A blue highlight means you got full marks, red means you didnt quite make it...

LilNewbie
Su-Bak-Na
Rhydderch
InfinityMax
Talos
Bunjee
Bluekitsune13
Tiberius
Feekonea
Hex_Enduction_Hour
Kenjib
Slade
Minimoose38

If anyone hasnt got a copy of their submitted answers and wants to know which ones they got wrong or how many they got right, send me a PM. Thanks again to all those that took part!

THE WINNER!

And now... (drum roll) the winner, drawn completely at random (by my two and a half year old daughter) from those that got all the questions right is:

Hex_Enduction_Hour

!!CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks again to everyone that took part, I hope it has proved to be an interesting experience - we certainly enjoyed hosting the contest!

PM on its way to the winner...
Old October 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Awesome contest! Thanks for running it.

Newb.
Old October 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I can't join. good luck all!

FINISH HIM!
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
I sent my submission in. Thanks for hosting the contest Robaula!

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Are all the pictures from different cards, or might some of them have the same answer?

Or, you could just say you're not saying. Just wondering.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:24 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperactiveSloth
Are all the pictures from different cards, or might some of them have the same answer?

Or, you could just say you're not saying. Just wondering.
I had to figure them all out without knowing so everyone else should too...

By the time you figure out all 50 of them you'd figure it out anyway :P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OK, I'm in. Cool contest, Rob. Thanks for sucking away two hours of my evening when I have a pile of work to do. My clients thank you, too.
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
This is the spot where ZODGILLA! learned what Spamming is. ( oh the shame ) (( no kill I ))

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Stop spamming to get your post count up.
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:08 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Yeah! thats realy annoying!

FINISH HIM!
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Roabula. Brilliant contest. I was thinking along the lines of doing something like this. I'm glad you took the initiative and made it a contest.
I'm going to try my hand.
FYI, Marcus looks very cool between those two lion statues.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games