Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
El T's Battle Reports (Updated 2/16/2014)

I'll post in this thread all my battles with as descriptive descriptions as possible.

Name (Date Ended)
Much Work to be Done (5/30/2013)
Family Tournament: 400 round v. Middle Brother (6/6/2013)
Family Tournament Update (6/11/2013)
El T vs. Thomas26 (2/16/2014)

Last edited by El T; February 16th, 2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old May 31st, 2013, 09:40 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Much Work to be Done (5/30/2013)

So, as my first battle in a long time since I just recently got back into 'scape after a hiatus of several years, I found out that I have a few issues to fix in my gameplay.

Long story short, I lost a down-to-the-wire finish to both of my younger brothers. Yeesh.

Anyway, here's the setup.

The board:

Low-level elevation, three starting zones, well balanced. I am at the bottom, my youngest brother is at the top, middle bro is to the right.

600 point armies. This is mine:

Deathstalkers - 100
Ne-Gok-Sa - 90
Agent Carr - 100
Izumi Samurai - 60
Raelin - 80
Mimring - 150

Probably most noticeable is my error to select ranged figures. I realized this too late in the draft, and my best hope was to nab Mimring and make some use of his Fire Line SA. Sure, I had Agent Carr, but his ranged attack of 2 just wouldn't cut it, especially against my brothers' armies. I got some good value, but my draft overall was poor due to my inability to nab good ranged attacks.

This is my middle brother's army:

Grok Riders - 130
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Finn - 80
Venoc Warlord - 120
Syvarris - 100
Blastatrons - 60

This is my youngest brother's army:

Sgt. Drake (RotV) - 110
Tarn Vikings - 50
DW 9000 - 140
Marro Warriors - 50
Airborne Elite - 110
Zettian Guards - 70

Note that the AE left on the card are there because they haven't been dropped yet.

So, at the beginning of the game, the armies of both youngest and middle skirt the marshes to converge on my territory. I have always been the leading scaper in the house, and whether pre-arranged as a pact or not, they both understood that I was the greatest threat and had to be dealt with first. Just like that, I found myself pinned and under fire from two sides with an army full of melee figs.
My Deathstalkers are the first to be deployed, quickly descending on middle bro's Krav Maga. Two die quickly after inflicting minimal damage, but one holds out for several rounds after. I eventually bring in Raelin for her defense aura, and the Deathstalker eventually wins out and defeats the KMA that he was in a standoff with and could retreat back to my start zone.
Meanwhile, on the other front, Mimring had to deal with youngest's Marros and the trio of DW9 and the Zettians. He died early in the game with minimal success, and Agent Carr is sent to replace him. Agent Carr actually survives until late in the game, not dealing much damage but nonetheless halting youngest's advances due to me securing elevation for him and his benefit from Raelin's aura until she is killed midway through the game by the Venoc Warlord. He had advanced along with the lone surviving KMA into my territory, and had killed Raelin before he rolled blanks on one of my Izumis and was dealt a crippling blow by Counter Attack. Ne-Gok-Sa closed in on the VW, and together Ne-Gok-Sa and that lone Izumi defeated him, NGS emerging with only two wounds.

Elsewhere in the game, (sorry I'm going out of chronological order) Syvarris (who had reduced youngest's Tarns to a single Viking) and two Groks had been killed by youngest, effectively ceasing middle's advances on youngest. A lone Grok Rider remained, skulking deep in middle's territory until late in the game.

Soon enough, I am down to just Ne-Gok-Sa and that same Izumi that finished the VW. Middle and youngest are hurting as well, but neither are in as dire of a situation as I. Especially youngest, who hasn't even touched Sgt. Drake yet.

Due to some clutch maneuvers by myself, I remain alive (albeit only 3 lives on NGS, my last remaining figure, and we approach the endgame:

Youngest controls the three marros, I have NGS in the middle, and middle bro still has Finn with 3 lives and one Blastatron. I have a tentative alliance with middle, until the game is reduced to 3 figures, one to each army and each with one life. I am genuinely amazed that I have lasted this long.

In the end, middle kills me with Finn, 3 out of 3 skulls to 2 out of 6 shields, and is promptly killed from a distance by youngest's Marro. Game over, with a single survivor: Youngest's marro.

ssss...sssooo....cl..close....

[Apologies for darkness on last two photos, it was getting late and I didn't get any extra lighting from the windows]
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Bugger

Family Tournament: 400 round, v. Middle Brother (6/5/2013)

So me and my two brothers started a tournament between the three of us a few days ago. I'll have to keep the descriptions short because we're playing a lot of games.

First round is 400 point armies, all on the same board. Everybody plays everybody.

The board:

My army (and AE drop positions):

Middle's army:

I tried to go for all-out power with less numbers this game, and it ended up turning out fairly well for me. My AE dropped into good elevated positions, and cleared out a lot of his army. DW9 was untouchable, with his high defense and good range. Sgt. Drake's Thorian Speed kept him safe from ranged attack while he took out the melee figs sent after him with his phenomenal attack.

Here is the endgame:

It's down to a heavily wounded Sgt. Drake and DW9 vs. a healthy Raelin. Raelin tracks down Sgt. Drake to finish him off, but DW9 snipes from a safe distance, aand we're done.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Bugger

Family Tournament Update (6/11/2013)

Since there were a ton of games in the tournament, I decided to just summarize it round by round.

Round 1:

This battlefield was used:

400 point armies.

El_T def. Middle Brother
Youngest Brother def. El_T
Middle def. Youngest

El_T ~ (1-1)
Middle ~ (1-1)
Youngest ~ (1-1)

Round 2:

This battlefield was used:

500 point armies.

El_T def. Middle
Middle def. Youngest
El_T def. Youngest

El_T ~ (3-1)
Middle ~ (2-2)
Youngest ~ (1-3)

Round 3:

El_T def. Youngest
El_T def. Middle (forfeit)
Middle def. Youngest

El_T ~ (5-1)
Middle ~ (3-3)
Youngest ~ (1-5)

Information on the championship game between my Middle brother and I is on the way!
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Bugger

Re: El_T-Steff's Battle Reports (Updated 2/16/2014)

Hey all, this thread is back!

I got all set up for a game between Thomas26 and I that we'll play tonight, and I thought it might be fun to predict the winner.

Here's the map:

700 point armies, 22 hex start zones. Glyphs are Thorian and Valda.

El T's army:
Venoc Warlord
Armoc Vipers x1
Venoc Vipers x3
Brave Arrow
Mohican River Tribe x2
Cyprien Esenwein

Thomas26's army:
Venoc Warlord
Warriors of Ashra
Theracus
Syvarris
Sonlen
Death Knights of Valkrill
Acolarh
Fyorlag Spiders

Who ya got? I'll post the results here tonight.
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:58 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: El T's Battle Reports (Updated 2/16/2014)

Well met!

El T's army

Synergy and OM efficiency should win.

Old February 16th, 2014, 05:10 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

I'll say El T will win, why play the Venoc warlord without vipers?
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:14 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

0-0

El T.
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:19 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I suppose I think Thomas26 will win.Theracus boosted plus Syvarris is pretty mean.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 16th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Bugger

We're getting a late start on the game, so I probably won't have the results tonight. Hopefully we'll be finished by tomorrow.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:51 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

El-T will win. Acorlarh is a waste of 110 points in that army.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Bugger

I apologize for the lateness. Thomas26 has been busy, and we haven't been able to get the game finished yet. Hopefully tonight I'll have the results.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports