Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old February 26th, 2015, 01:31 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: The Public design of Hoth Han

I agree with Schulzy that the wounded restriction should only be there if Han can pick up the figure while on the move.
Old February 26th, 2015, 02:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd be okay with that, it would give HoSS a different take on the Carry power if you could use in mid move.
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:29 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

So what exactly is the current version? And is it ready for playtesting?

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:27 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd be okay with that, it would give HoSS a different take on the Carry power if you could use in mid move.
Are you thinking still for wounded figures only? Or anybody, but Han can pick them up mid-move. That would make the power more usable, especially if it gave the "picked up" figure a free disengage.
Old March 1st, 2015, 12:01 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Are you thinking still for wounded figures only? Or anybody, but Han can pick them up mid-move. That would make the power more usable, especially if it gave the "picked up" figure a free disengage.
I like that, and I think that's a cool variation on the Carry power, plus gives Hoth Han something useful to do when not aggressively scouting stuff.
Old March 1st, 2015, 12:14 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Spoiler Alert!

I'm actually not so sure how thematic the Carry-like power is... We never see two people riding a Tauntaun at the same time, and Han never actually uses the Tauntaun to carry Luke (as the Tauntaun died before Han could get Luke to it) - if that was even his plan... maybe he was planning to pull Luke along on a sled or something like that.
Old March 1st, 2015, 01:21 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Does anyone have both cards for Han Solo of Hoth and Han Solo on Tauntaun? I like to take a look at the Star Wars mini designs and see what those designers did and see if there's any way we can incorporate something like that into Heroscape. And I'm really torn down the middle on this design...

If you do have the cards, you can just post pictures here or PM me. Thanks!
Old March 1st, 2015, 01:22 PM

Re: The Public Design of Hoth Han

Ok, so I've been thinking about something and I think it's possible that HoSS could make a new Hero type (like C3G did with Event Heroes) called Mounted Heroes. To use a Mounted Hero, you have to draft a regular Hero with that Mounted Hero. The Mounted Hero would start the game on the battlefield (Tauntaun, Boga, STAP, etc.) and the regular Hero starts the game off of the battlefield. Then after the Mounted Hero is destroyed, that figure is replaced by the regular figure (Han Solo/Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc.). For simplicity, there's no mounting on and off.

There are numerous figures that could be Mounted Heroes... Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:
-Han Solo/Luke Skywalker on Tauntaun
-Obi-Wan Kenobi on Boga
-Anakin Skywalker on STAP
-Grievous' Wheel Bike
-Yoda on Kybuck
-Luke Skywalker/Princess Leia Organa on Speeder Bike (possible custom of Commando on Speeder Bike)
-Darth Maul on Speeder
-Luke's Landspeeder

Quote:
Han Solo, Tauntaun
Rebel Alliance

Human
Mounted Hero
???
Loyal
LARGE ?

Life 4
Move 7
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points ???

AND I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED BAD ON THE OUTSIDE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a wounded small or medium friendly figure adjacent to Han Solo with at least one wound on its Army Card and destroy this Han Solo. After destroying this Han Solo, remove one wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card and place the chosen figure on another Han Solo's Army Card. At the end of the round, place another Han Solo and any figure on his card on any empty spaces in your startzone or any spaces adjacent to a Medic you control.

ULTRASONIC IRRITANT
After moving and before attacking, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each Droid, Vehicle, or Weapon adjacent to Han Solo. If you roll a 17 or higher, that figure receives one wound.

SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.
Quote:
Han Solo, Hoth
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
???
Loyal
MEDIUM 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 4
Defense 4
Points ???

REPAIR
After moving and instead of attacking, choose a wounded Droid, Vehicle, or Weapon Hero adjacent to Han Solo and roll the 20-sided die:
• If you roll a 1, add 2 Markers.
• If you roll a 2–5, remove one Marker.
• If you roll a 6–17, remove up to 2 Markers.
• If you roll a 19 or higher, remove all Markers.

AGGRESSIVE RECONNAISSANCE
If Han attacks a figure that was not within 5 clear sight spaces when he started his turn, he may attack that figure one additional time.

IT'S A GOOD BET THE EMPIRE KNOWS WE'RE HERE
The first time each game after destroying an opponent's figure, you must move all figures you control up to 4 spaces each. If the destroyed figure followed the Galactic Empire, that opponent may move all figures he or she controls up to 2 spaces each.
______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________

There's a chance we could even make Uncommon Mounted Heroes... so the Sandtrooper on Dewback could be a Mounted Hero. The way to do this I think would be make the regular Sandtroopers Uncommon Heroes and then the Mounted Heroes would follow whatever it's mounted unit is, so:

Quote:
Sandtrooper, Dewback
Galactic Empire

Human
Mounted Hero
Quote:
Sandtrooper
Galactic Empire

Human
Uncommon Hero
And since the regular Sandtrooper is Uncommon, you could have more than one Sandtrooper, Dewback in your army. However, in the case above with Han Solo, since Han Solo is a Unique Hero, you can only have one Han Solo, Tauntaun in your army. That might be too complicated, though, but I think using Mounted Heroes for Unique Heroes only would be a cool idea.

To add to that final statement, I don't know if I'd want to see the regular Sandtrooper be an Uncommon Hero over a Common Squad, anyways. Same goes for figures like the Rebel Commandos, Scout Troopers, etc.

Last edited by Sheep; March 1st, 2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:16 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Heroscaper2010, that's a neat idea, but complicated and not really plausible for gameplay as far as non-unique units go, in my opinion.

As far as the Tauntaun Carry not being thematic because it's not seen - we do enjoy some slight artistic freedom here. All the horse figures should theoretically have carry because two people can ride a horse - but they don't. Brunak could easily carry more than one rider on his huge back - but he doesn't. A certain simplification resulting in slight breaks in logic happens and is part of a board game. Only complex computer games can get close to all the real possibilities that should be possible.

It's true that it's not seen in the film, but it is imaginable that it would work. If we decide our Tauntauns can carry, then it can be that way.

As far as picking up only wounded figures midmove goes, I don't think it's a bad idea, but it's more complicated than it needs to be. Remember, the question is not "what can I add" but rather "what can't I take away" in coming up with simple and sweet designs. If you write out a four page manual to a figure, you're going to be able to do a lot of cool things with a lot of theme, but then, you can also go play Warhammer or something like that.

Weebear seems to be back. It would interest me to hear what he thinks. Should we continue brainstorming or is there an adequate design possibility that we've already discussed that should be taken as the initial final design?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I agree with Tai-Pan. The "Mounted Hero" concept is interesting, but I'd rather see it as a power and not create a new type of Hero. And while it is true that we don't see Han carrying Luke on his TaunTaun, it is just as plausible as building a sled to drag Luke back.

TUANTAUN CARRY
After moving Han Solo, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure that was adjacent to him at any point before or during his move. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Han Solo.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:01 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

That sounds good too. I'd argue slightly against it on the basis of canon. This version of carrying would actually make sense for all candidates that have Carry. There's not really anything to argue for a Tauntaun having it and not others (if anything, Brunak should be the one who can grab up someone while running and put them on his back).

However, I could live with it like that. It certainly is more useful.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 2nd, 2015, 03:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think the pick up anytime version of carry we have come up with fits Hans' personality perfectly and is a great fit for who he is over other mounted figures. Han is the swashbuckling hero type that would race in at full speed and snatch someone up without slowing down. He flies the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, blitzes past Imperial blockades, and doesn't hesitate to put his neck on the line to save a friend. Charging around on a Tauntaun pulling people out of danger fits him to a tee. Giving the figure he moves either disengage or something to make them a little less likely to take a LEA would be icing on the cake. I then wouldn't want the same power on a different mounting figure card though as a different rider wouldn't have the same gumption to pull that move off. They would slow down to a stop before asking someone if they wanted a lift.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape