Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
The Book of Zogross Hardscale

The Book of Zogross Hardscale

C3V Wave 1 – "Thormun's Reprieve"

TRIBAL PROTECTION
An opponent's figure that is engaged to one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar may not attack Zogross Hardscale.

OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15
If an opponent's figure that is engaged with Zogross Hardscale targets any other figure you control with a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, no dice are rolled for this attack, no defense dice are rolled, and the attacking figure receives one wound.

The figure used for this unit is Lizardfolk Rogue figure from the D&D Giants of Legend set. Its model number and name is #35 Lizardfolk Rogue.

The PDF for this card can be downloaded here:

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: If a figure adjacent to Zogross Hardscale is attacked by a unit that can hit multiple targets (i.e., Deathwalker 9000's Explosion Special Attack or Othkurik's Acid Splash Special Attack), can Zogross be affected?
    A: Yes! If, for example, an Armoc Viper adjacent to Zogross Hardscale is attacked by Othkurik's Acid Spray Special Attack, the player controlling Othkurik may in fact choose Zogross Hardscale as a secondary target. Zogross simply can't be the primary target of such an attack.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Zogross Hardscale may benefit form Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus
    - ARMOC VIPERS : Ullar Warlord Bonding

As a Warlord that follows Ullar, Zogross Hardscale may benefit from Armoc Vipers’ ULLAR WARLORD BONDING activation bonus.
    - GREENSCALE WARRIORS : Loyalty to the Lizard King and Lizard King Bonding
    As a Unique Lizardfolk Hero, Zogross Hardscale may be chosen as a Lizard King and may benefit from Greenscale Warriors' LIZARD KING BONDING activation bonus

- ROMAN LEGIONNAIRES : Warlord Bonding
    As a Warlord, Zogross Hardcale may benefit from Roman Legionnaires’ WARLORD BONDING activation bonus
Synergy Benefits Offered

-TRIBAL PROTECTION: Warriors and Protectors who follow Ullar
  • *Armoc Vipers
    *Atlaga
    *Greenscale Warriors
    *Jotun
    *Protectors of Ullar
    *Saylind the Kyrie Warrior
    *Warriors of Ashra
-OPPORTUNITY STRIKE: All units you control

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Power Ranking and Master Index
Zogross Hardscale - A tough and effective Lizard King, but doesn't bring quite as much to the table as the big dragons. B
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; October 30th, 2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: added grade ~ DS
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Zogross Hardscale

Very good work on this and the other two revealed today! I'm very much looking forward to using Zogross; I get the feeling that my Armocs and Protectors of Ullar will have the dust knocked off of them very soon!

As a simple, themed army, how about:

Zogross 120
Armocs x4 380
Awasome 500 / 14

Or, for a slightly thicker army:

Zogross 120
GSW x4 360
Aubrien Archers x2 500 / 19

Wave 14 is going to be fun! Keep up the great work folks!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

I really like how much Zogross ties together Ullar. Between Zogross and Mittens, every squad besides the Shaolin Monks (they have Woo) has a bonus. He seems like a great addition to classic 'scape.

Also, Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior is a Warrior and should be listed under Tribal Protection.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I take it this guy can still be affected by splash damage from area effect special attacks even if the attacker is adjacent to a protector etc..?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yup, they just can't attack Zogross directly (i.e. target/select him).
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I take it this guy can still be affected by splash damage from area effect special attacks even if the attacker is adjacent to a protector etc..?
Since they aren't attacking him directly, yes he can be affected by the attack, just not directly attacked with it.

EDIT:
Ninja'd
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yep, he just can't be the target for an attack in that case.

Last edited by dok; September 1st, 2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Wow, double ninja...
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Hmm. Yeah I think that pushes the terminology a tad but I get it. Cool custom.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
IMO, this should be in the Rules/Clarifications portion of the OP. It could come up quite a bit in games and such.

Other than that, he looks great! Nice job C3V!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:48 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
IMO, this should be in the Rules/Clarifications portion of the OP. It could come up quite a bit in games and such.

I just think it is odd tosay that a figure cannot be attacked and yet he can be affected by an attack. It's like saying that because I had a flu shot, I am protected against the flu.... Unless the flu comes to me by way of a sneeze in which case I am not protected.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's an odd case, though, of course, there are few times when this is actually possible. Only a handful of Special Attacks can bypass this power in any way.

The goal is to avoid being able to purposefully target him. Collateral damage is tougher to control (and much more rare).

Thanks noting the possibility, GBob, and I agree that we should add a note in the Clarifications section.
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I just think it is odd tosay that a figure cannot be attacked and yet he can be affected by an attack. It's like saying that because I had a flu shot, I am protected against the flu.... Unless the flu comes to me by way of a sneeze in which case I am not protected.
I don't look at the power as a "magical effect" against attacks like a flu shot would be.

I see it as the whole theme of the card depicts. The Warriors or Protectors draw concentrated fire to themselves in order to protect Zogross, like jumping in front of the bullet. But if there is an explosion, it affects the whole area so the Warriors can't jump in front of the bullet to protect Zogross.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs