Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
When I get this guy, I can't wait to use him with my Zettian Guards! (Hopefuly) They'll be powerhouses! It's wierd how one move can make such a difference!

Old July 14th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigorGoHome
I think Warden stinks. 2 life and 6 defense means he wil die pretty quickly and he suffers from the common Hero problem of only 1 attack in a turn
Well I discredit this because it's coming from a guy named Gobigorgohome and Warden doesn't really go big so I'ma throw a successful Rod of Negation on that post. I'm just playing byt he way, but I love the concept of this guy. If used properly and with a TINY pinch of magic he can do anything. No seriously he seems really nice when used properly. Good synergizer.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:35 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469
Quote:
I think Warden stinks. 2 life and 6 defense means he wil die pretty quickly and he suffers from the common Hero problem of only 1 attack in a turn
Well I discredit this because it's coming from a guy named Gobigorgohome and Warden doesn't really go big so I'ma throw a successful Rod of Negation on that post. I'm just playing byt he way, but I love the concept of this guy. If used properly and with a TINY pinch of magic he can do anything. No seriously he seems really nice when used properly. Good synergizer.
I agree - Warden can be underestimated, sure he can be destroyed quickly but in a game today my brother drafted this guy and did some serious damage with 816's Special attack and won my bro the game!
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I only wish his special attack was more like Carr's in that it just gave a flat + bonus. As is, it doesn't get any advantage from height, glyphs, or Taelord, which is rather lame.
At range, maybe, but up close I'd take a 5 special attack over a 6 normal attack any day. Think about it: he doesn't need to synergize with a lame-o like Taelord when he works so well with the awesome ZETTIAN GUARDS... um... okay, maybe you're right.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
I only wish his special attack was more like Carr's in that it just gave a flat + bonus. As is, it doesn't get any advantage from height, glyphs, or Taelord, which is rather lame.
I thought that at first too, but then I realized that since he already has a decent ranged attack with 3 he can get a heaight advantage attack of 4 with a 7 range, thats decent enough of a normal attack.
What you dont realize is that with his melee attack being a "special attack" it can negate lots of other units defensive abilities that only work on normal attacks. Ninja dissappear, counterstrike, ect...

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
At range, maybe, but up close I'd take a 5 special attack over a 6 normal attack any day. Think about it: he doesn't need to synergize with a lame-o like Taelord when he works so well with the awesome ZETTIAN GUARDS... um... okay, maybe you're right.
Yeah. I like the idea behind the attack, but once you put him just one height higher than your target and have a rat or Marro Warrior grab an Astrid glyph, suddenly his Evisceraxe Special isn't that special. It doesn't even benefit from the "I can ignore the guys that are engaged with me and attack whatever I want" factor that goes along with special attacks. Instead, it just has a limitation.

Edit: Hmm, I hadn't considered the anti-Ninja/Samurai part of it.

Edit2: As I understand the Ninja rules, special attacks still cause it (and spidey-sense too for that matter). They say "if attacked and at least one skull is rolled." Not that it needs to be a normal attack.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:19 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Edit2: As I understand the Ninja rules, special attacks still cause it (and spidey-sense too for that matter). They say "if attacked and at least one skull is rolled." Not that it needs to be a normal attack.
Isamu and Spidey Sense units DO work on special attacks. NotNW do NOT.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Quote:
This problem is true. I played him today (we just got our Wave 7, I was playing a Vampire army with him splashed in there). The Vampires did most of the damage, and my opponents knights slowly crawled across the thin sheet of ice that was upon our map. I had the Move +2 Glyph (so he has a 7 movement). I stayed out of range of his Gilbert/Knights, and fired a shot from his awesome gun. 3/3 skulls. He rolled one or two shields but perished. I used him melee next. 4/5 Skulls. Another knight down.

He is attacked but easily parries both attacks from the attacking knights. He attacks anothe one. 5/5 skulls. I'm amazed at this guy at this point! Another knight downed. I repel two more attacks, one from the last knight and one from Gilbert. I attack Gilbert. 5/5 skulls. HOLY CRAP! I yelled. It was awesome. He whiffed, but thanks to his 6 life he stuck around. A templar, now in range because of Gilbert's dragging power, charged me, rolling 7 attack dice having height. 5/7 attack dice to my 1/6 defence dice finally silenced the madman.

I ended up winning the game (barely), but even with amazing dice rolls this guy barely took down his points worth. I'm not convinced he is worth playing yet, but am VERY excited for some type of dungeon terrain that may come out in the future/some tougher guards or something. A cool hero, just not worth his points. YET.

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkclown789
Quote:
This problem is true. I played him today (we just got our Wave 7, I was playing a Vampire army with him splashed in there). The Vampires did most of the damage, and my opponents knights slowly crawled across the thin sheet of ice that was upon our map. I had the Move +2 Glyph (so he has a 7 movement). I stayed out of range of his Gilbert/Knights, and fired a shot from his awesome gun. 3/3 skulls. He rolled one or two shields but perished. I used him melee next. 4/5 Skulls. Another knight down.

He is attacked but easily parries both attacks from the attacking knights. He attacks anothe one. 5/5 skulls. I'm amazed at this guy at this point! Another knight downed. I repel two more attacks, one from the last knight and one from Gilbert. I attack Gilbert. 5/5 skulls. HOLY CRAP! I yelled. It was awesome. He whiffed, but thanks to his 6 life he stuck around. A templar, now in range because of Gilbert's dragging power, charged me, rolling 7 attack dice having height. 5/7 attack dice to my 1/6 defence dice finally silenced the madman.

I ended up winning the game (barely), but even with amazing dice rolls this guy barely took down his points worth. I'm not convinced he is worth playing yet, but am VERY excited for some type of dungeon terrain that may come out in the future/some tougher guards or something. A cool hero, just not worth his points. YET.

Darkclown
He's really not going to earn his points on his own. He earns his points by getting better units into position faster and doing most of the damage. The Obsidians with 5 move are pretty darn powerful, and the Zettians are a pretty solid unit as well. That's his benefit to the game. The axe crazed murder spree when you're out of guards is really just a bonus.
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Vlad the Impaler has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
He's really not going to earn his points on his own. He earns his points by getting better units into position faster and doing most of the damage. The Obsidians with 5 move are pretty darn powerful, and the Zettians are a pretty solid unit as well. That's his benefit to the game. The axe crazed murder spree when you're out of guards is really just a bonus.
I agree. he's a support unit. he should only be brought out of the starting zone when it is absolutely nescessary. he can kick serious tail out there, but don't expect him to come through if you push him too early.

alot of people say life is like a card game. well, I have news for them: in the card games, the bad hand does not yell back at you.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:11 AM
has been BANNED

GoBigorGoHome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If you play him as a support piece 90 points is way too much though for a support piece that boosts a few units movement by 1. That is the conundrim he poses, if you keep him mainly in back you are paying 90 points to boost units that aren't even that great. If you send him out he can go down fast
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:18 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
If you play him as a support piece 90 points is way too much though for a support piece that boosts a few units movement by 1. That is the conundrim he poses, if you keep him mainly in back you are paying 90 points to boost units that aren't even that great. If you send him out he can go down fast
First off, he boosts the movement of two units, who's greatest weakeness was poor movement. Don't underestimate the Obsidian and Zettians. Both of them suffer currently because they're slow. A 3 man squad with 4/4 Attack/Defense is pretty awesome overall and the Zettians do well if you play tem correctly even with their slow move. He also boosts a couple units that were already doing just fine. Unlimited range boosts are costly, and he's really on the cheaper end of the units available. I'm pretty sure only Khosumet is cheaper i that regard.

If you keep him mostly in the back, he boosts units that have long needed a move boost. Once those units go down, you've still got your 90 point unit to do damage on his own. Very few unlimited range support units can do any damage at all, let alone nearly their points worth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units