Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old March 19th, 2008, 01:21 PM

manger has disabled reputation
One of the hardest units to use effectively due to their low melee defense and weak attack and lack of disengage. They are a great unit for disposing of enemy ranged figures due to their great movement (when enhanced by Venoc)... the main problem with this unit is trying to inflict enough damage to cover their own point value. The only time these guys get drafted in our home games these days are during maps with great lakes. My strategical advise is when playing a map such as these try moving your EOV in the middle of a lake where you can forget about them until later in the game. They actually make a good endgame squad as they can collectively engage the same opponents reducing the risk of enduring a counter attack. I play these guys as if Frenzy didn't exist, I never plan moves around it because it will always fail when you depend on it (murphy's law). If i hit a D15 its just a bonus.
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Elite Onyx Vipers

This is the only exclusive so far (through Gencon 2007) that I seek to play with.

With the release of the jungle terrain and even more special attacks - not to mention Zelrig - I think these guys got a boost by several other common squads and/or defense abilities getting knocked down a peg.
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Now getting a boost from Brave Arrow's Scout Attack Enhancement.
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:44 AM

N-Scaper94 *glass shatters*

These vipers own! Baby!

God loves you and He wants you to be saved today!

If at first you don't succeed, don't go sky diving
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:21 AM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Can you move and attack when you do frenzy?
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:27 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
Can you move and attack when you do frenzy?
Yes, a sucessful Frenzy roll, allows you to take another full turn. So you can move again and attack if possible.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
You know, I haven't caught that yet - the spirits thing. I'll definitely have to use that next time... Backed by Raelin, and they would be a very formidable force on the field.
I don't think Raelin would be able to keep up with these low-flying jets. With a defense of 10 against ranged figures I don't think they have much to worry about without being engaged and their massive movement insures that they should get first strike against other melee units.

Another add-on I forgot to mention was Acolarh. If you have the EOV enhanced with Eldgrim, with the Venoc Warlord on your side, and starting next to Acolarh they have a move of 12 for their launch and a 10 for any follow up moves.
Now say that the EOV are on road spaces as well as adjacent to Acolarh, and Eldgrim's spirit is on them, and the Venoc Warlord is in your army. You could (with a really loooonnngg road) move 15 spaces! Probably won't happen very often though.

Do the Dew
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:18 AM

jotun7 Woo who?

The Elite Onyx Vipers are range killers (unpaid of course)! Their 7 move allows them to stay out of range of most range users. Then, if they can't get close enough to attack, they have Frenzy, which if you get lucky, you can keep moving. To add, they also have Slither, which allows them to go into water without having to stop; so, they can go through some water obstacles that could block them. They should be able to get close enough to attack by now, their 3 attack will be enough to attack most range users effectively (a lot of range users have lower defence than attack).

But if Frenzy doesn't work, than their Evasive 8 (which is amazing!) will do the job. It gives them the power to get +8 defense dice when defending agaisnt a non-adjacent attacker (range users).

They do have a bunch of flaws though, they only have 1 life, but that's just normal for squads. They only have 1 range, but that's also normal for most characters. And they only have 2 defence, which lowers their chance of survival.

But even with their awesomeness and flaws, they're still my #1 squad!

"For HIS honor and glory!"
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:18 PM

Xenoexpert Woo who?

I have to agree with jotun defintly one of my top picks along with mittens
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
The Elite Onyx Vipers are range killers (unpaid of course)! Their 7 move allows them to stay out of range of most range users. Then, if they can't get close enough to attack, they have Frenzy, which if you get lucky, you can keep moving. To add, they also have Slither, which allows them to go into water without having to stop; so, they can go through some water obstacles that could block them. They should be able to get close enough to attack by now, their 3 attack will be enough to attack most range users effectively (a lot of range users have lower defence than attack).

But if Frenzy doesn't work, than their Evasive 8 (which is amazing!) will do the job. It gives them the power to get +8 defense dice when defending agaisnt a non-adjacent attacker (range users).

They do have a bunch of flaws though, they only have 1 life, but that's just normal for squads. They only have 1 range, but that's also normal for most characters. And they only have 2 defence, which lowers their chance of survival.

But even with their awesomeness and flaws, they're still my #1 squad!
"But the quesssstion issss whether there issss a better way you could ssssspend 100 pointsssss on anti-range. Like the Krav for insssstancccce. They cosssst the ssssame assss the EOV, are alsssso a unique ssssquad of three, and alssso have three attack. But they can attack at range, and they're almossst assss fassst, and they can defend againssst range quite well with sssstealth dodge. Basssicly they outpreform the EOV in almossst every way. But Mendass isssss sssstill awessssssome."
~Knight of Scape, who knows he probably shouldn't role play Mendass outside the CoN forum, but couldn't resist since it's his book.
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Ninja Dust

The Elite Onyx Vipers has to be one of my favorite ullar squad
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The EOV are one of my favourite Ullar units as well but fare much better if you use other units with them.

I like the EOV/Brave Arrow/Eldgrim combination myself.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units