Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old April 4th, 2015, 02:29 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

I guess we'll test it out then. Starting with the next challenge, anyone who wishes to enter is strongly recommended to provide an ETA. They can change it up to two times, if necessary.
I think the judge should also provide a starting due date - in case none of the contestants do. Remember, barring the 'one-day-plea,' the judging has to take place on the latest due date.
~TGRF.
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:01 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys, you can just go on ahead with the judging. I've been doing a lot of work of late and it's been taxing for me and I just lost the drive to finish the story. I'm sorry about keeping all hold up but next time around I will put myself to finish a story prompt when its presented.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old April 6th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm, well I'm sorry to hear that. But, the show must go on! I can do the judging by tonight, unless anyone else is still planning on putting in their entry. Anybody still working on this?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 7th, 2015, 03:07 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation The Results Are In!

Well, it's that time of the year--time for the final results of this week's (month's (season's)) Fan Fic contest, as judged by me, TheAverageFan.

I asked for a story about a battle against impossible odds, requesting Good Writing, Original Scenarios, Clever Tactics, Impressive Feats, and Wow Factor. I got two pretty good stories detailing such requests. But which one is the best? Despite the low number of entries, this one was really hard to judge.

Second and First Place:
Spoiler Alert!

So yeah, that's it. Hopefully next time is much more short and sweet (I actually came up with this prompt because I thought it'd be basic enough to not take too long--oh, the irony!) The dumb thing about all this is that I actually came up with a pretty good idea for a prompt shortly after I issued this one. Maybe next time... I'm still not so good at this whole Judging thing...

Anyway, congratulations to Marro_Warlord (and my condolences to TGRF). I look forward to your next prompt, and happy judging!

~TAF, relieved of his post (thank God)

Old April 7th, 2015, 05:00 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well done @Marro_Warlord . I thought I had this one in the bag.
To clear one thing up: TAF, you said the scene with Concan and Saylind seemed pointless. I included it because it does four things: Firstly, it explains what the heck is going on. Secondly, it explains why they have to stay put; thirdly, it explains why Thared is fighting at his age; and lastly, it explains where Nilia is. Aka, it's backstory.

Of course, now that I didn't win, this means TAF and I will likely be clashing in this next challenge. If TAF places first, he will secure a perfect record and be the best writer this challenge has ever seen. Think about that for a moment.

I'm coming for you, TAF.

~TGRF.
Old April 7th, 2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
To clear one thing up: TAF, you said the scene with Concan and Saylind seemed pointless. I included it because it does four things: Firstly, it explains what the heck is going on. Secondly, it explains why they have to stay put; thirdly, it explains why Thared is fighting at his age; and lastly, it explains where Nilia is. Aka, it's backstory.
Oh, well... you know... uhm, yeah, sorry. Ah, I could've figured all that out with or without it. Or something like that. I guess. Maybe. #JudgesAreFallable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Of course, now that I didn't win, this means TAF and I will likely be clashing in this next challenge. If TAF places first, he will secure a perfect record and be the best writer this challenge has ever seen. Think about that for a moment.
Yeah, that hasn't happened since... I guess the bridge prompt. Must obtain perfect record. Must mail M_W contents of checking account.

~TAF

Old April 8th, 2015, 12:14 AM

We eagerly await your prompt, @Marro_Warlord .
~TGRF.
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:14 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

And the new prompt is...

Quote:
Quote:
As the battles were reaching their climax, the Valkyrie discovered the wellspring's powers had dried up. However, the most recent summons by Vydar reveal that there are more wellsprings, albeit on another planet. Now, all the generals know the new location of the wellsprings.
How will they reach the wellsprings? Who will reach them? Will they battle over the wellsprings? No one knows until they are discovered.
Bonus points for most original form of transport to the wellsprings!
Begin!

Your current Due Date (Unless Extended) is... 5/9

Oops, rolled a 1.

Last edited by Marro_Warlord; April 30th, 2015 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Due Dates Added... Again
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:44 PM

Righto. I have a paper to write, but then I will be able to unleash my imagination! I am giving a due date of April 18th, next weekend. I should be done long before that.
~TGRF, with a few thoughts.
P.S. Remember, M_W, we're trying out the new rule, so you must judge by the latest due date. If someone extends mine, you judge when that date arrives.
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:18 PM

Word limit?

~TAF, who makes no promises

Old April 8th, 2015, 09:31 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

@TGRF, sure. Will update the post. Current due date is 4/18/15.

@TAF, the word limit is 14,002 words.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:09 PM

Just an FYI. I have not even begun to work on my entry, due to the fact that I had no interest in it... for some reason. It may be that am too eager to begin my next fan fiction.
I currently believe I may skip this one. If I change my mind, I will update my due date.
If the due date passes and there are no entries... hmm. I guess you wait until there is an entry, and then, if that entry was submitted after the current due date, you judge on the next weekend. People have until then to provide new due dates/entries.
~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction