Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2015, 05:52 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: First Expansion "Battle for Zendikar"

Doh, I pre-ordered mine from coolstuff, who still shows it as a pre-order item. Hopefully they will get it soon too.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 06:04 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Doh, I pre-ordered mine from coolstuff, who still shows it as a pre-order item. Hopefully they will get it soon too.
Amazon got the base game about a month ahead of the actual release, so this could be a pattern. I don't know that it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if other places get it on the date it was originally announced to be released.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:28 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I was wondering if that might be the case. It would be nice to know these things ahead of time because it would affect my purchasing decision.
Old December 4th, 2015, 09:58 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Just got shipping confirmation email from Amazon! Should be here by 3pm tomorrow!
Old December 4th, 2015, 11:11 AM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Amazon says mine will be delivered by 8pm tonight!
Old December 4th, 2015, 01:02 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Post pictures of the cards and army cards!
I'll get mine on Dec 14th only
Old December 4th, 2015, 01:36 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

I just got a text confirming delivery at 1:22pm EST. I'm at work now, but will post pictures and/or scans this evening.
Old December 4th, 2015, 02:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Huh, my amazon order still says Jan 4th delivery . I wonder if it's because I ordered 2 copies? Oh well. Looking forward to reading about the new stuff!
Old December 4th, 2015, 03:00 PM

darthporkchop Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePhil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
Based on the images I've seen so far, I'm unhappy with the expasion. It brings only 15 new spell cards (3 for each color I believe). In this case, the 2 black pw can't be played together, as it's gonna lack of cards and army cards.
The worse with Kiora: if someone picks up her, Jace AND Nissa can become unavaliable to play. I hoped that for Kiora and Ob would be at least a deck for each, plus some cards for another colors as well.
True... that's one of the reasons I'm considering getting a second of each sets. That way every planeswalker can choose among all possibilities.

One thing I was wondering about... do you think that the dual colored planeswalker will have a limit on how they can build their armies? For example, max 50% of points in one color and/or a maximum of points spent on a single spell/unit. That way it would be similar to the card game.

I ask because in the card game, if you put 2 (or more) colors in one deck, it can hinder your ability to cast single colored spells. In a 60 card deck you might have 20 mana cards.

In a deck with 2 colors, you might have 10 of each colors. So sometimes you can't do anything because you only have let's say red mana but your hand is full of blue spells. For the same reason, you wouldn't put any cards requiring too much of the same color in the deck.
Coming from a long time MtG CCG player:

The creator of MtG CCG has gone on record saying that his biggest regret about the game design is that many of the cards in your deck are boring land cards. (These are the cards that "usually" provide players with the colors of mana to cast spells.) While I don't think Richard Garfield had any influence on the design of AotP, I'm sure the designers are familiar with some of the things he has said. Few things in the MtG CCG were as frustrating as not having a way to get the mana you needed during a game, which can be avoided by good deck design, but never removed entirely. I would bet that the designers of this game had zero intention of introducing some game functionality that could introduce this frustration to this game. For this reason, I assume that from a design standpoint, the assumption is that a particular planeswalker is skillful enough to have ample mana in his/her particular colors. So, I'd say a Blue and Green planeswalker could go all Green, all Blue or any combination of the two.

I'm only disappointed in the lack of new terrain pieces. I've never played Heroscape, don't own any Heroscape, and would love to go sky high with some crazy terrain.

I bought both the regular and walmart version. If it's available to you, I'd highly recommend buying the walmart version. I have both and with this expansion I should have enough materials for me and my friends to have some very unique games that couldn't happen otherwise.

Cheers!
Old December 4th, 2015, 04:53 PM

I evidently lack the permissions to upload to the gallery, but here are links to my scans (I took the lazy way out, sorry). Anyone can feel free to crop and edit, etc.

http://postimg.org/image/ak55138u9/
http://postimg.org/image/y9olpwg0p/
http://postimg.org/image/mlujvcqvt/
http://postimg.org/image/gv4dhmivt/
http://postimg.org/image/qjhtkrdp5/
http://postimg.org/image/shohir66x/
http://postimg.org/image/da8hyeec9/
http://postimg.org/image/raajqjg2h/

Also, sorry if these belong somewhere other than in this thread.
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:33 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Love the goblins

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News