Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 15th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Nick Fury (MCU)

The Book of Nick Fury (MCU)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 43
EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Chaos War set.
Its model number and name are #040/Nick Fury.

Character Bio - He’s one bad*** mother******.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Crossover Symbol: The Crossover Symbol below Nick Fury's name indicates that he is draftable into the same army with other Nick Fury cards. See C3G's Secret Identity Rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Nick Fury's Avenger Assets and Desperate Measures special powers offer synergy to figures with an Avenger Marker.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 11th, 2022 at 04:39 PM.

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Nick Fury (MCU) - Breathing

NAME = NICK FURY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = RESOURCEFUL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 170

AVENGER ASSETS

At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero. Anytime you would place an Avenger Marker on another card, or a friendly figure with an Avenger Marker on its card would be destroyed, you may place that marker on this card.

DESPERATE MEASURES
Once per round at the beginning of your turn, you may remove an Avenger Marker from this card to do one of the following:
• Rearrange any Order Markers on cards in your army.
• Move any two figures you control. Figures you control will not take leaving engagement attacks this player turn.
• After revealing an Order Marker and before taking a turn, attack normally with one figure you control.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Arkham; October 10th, 2021 at 09:51 PM. Reason: added player

Mini Picture

Comic Picture

Background

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 15th, 2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old September 15th, 2021, 03:04 PM

OK, took all the notes from LCW and thought on them. Decided I wanted him to still have an Agent connection so we can bring in the Coulsons and what not of the world and it not feel awkward, so I worked that in a bit.

Rearrange OM/marker type powers aren't usually my jam and I did like the idea of him having more to do on his turn and liked how double attack works with Cap, so I went with that over the pep talk.

I didn't want to use the Secret Avengers title, because MCU Nick wasn't on a team called that, so I went with an Initiative title to call out the MCU a bit more.

I liked the idea of having a list of once per game options for the first power, but nothing really appealed to me as a list of options, so I went with more what Ark suggested there, just changed up the timing and restrictions a tad.

Old September 15th, 2021, 03:41 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Hah completely different than what I was expecting.

Still keeping the marker hub which was my favorite part of this. His bonuses are easier to burn now and basically are just attacks and possible unblockables, so he's not as flashy, but it's definitely streamlined.

I like the cleanness of it. I guess my main kinda-negative thought is that the main way to use him is really to use his attack bonding with Cap, and have Nick throwing a double attack of 5-6 dice. Doesn't seem very MCU Nick Fury to me, especially when he's basically outperforming MCU Falcon in firepower. At best he usually just carries one small sidearm. There's just more all-out-attack on him rather than the leadership/pulling the strings behind the scenes. Your first draft had that and that concept is what I miss.

But as for this card by itself, theme aside, it seems cool.
Old September 15th, 2021, 03:45 PM

I could pop him down to 3 attack if we're worried about him being too offensive. I just didn't like his being completely behind the scenes either.

Old September 15th, 2021, 03:49 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah 3 attack is what Falcon has, so that feels a bit better to me.

I guess I don't see the need for a Jackson-type Fury to be a big offensive guy, since both MCU and Ultimate Fury are nearly all behind the scenes. 616 Fury I've definitely seen on the front lines more often (Or at least, behind an LMD, the cheater).

I'm not naying it or anything, Jackson Fury has definitely been in scraps so I think you have a thematic enough basis. I just think if you swapped his name to Hawkeye I would be 100% on board and not think twice about it.
Old September 15th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Missing a word:
Quote:
AVENGER ASSETS
Anytime you would place a white Avenger Marker on another card, you may place that marker here instead. Once per round, before taking a turn with a figure you control that is in clear sight of Nick Fury, you may remove an Avenger Marker from this card to either move or attack with Nick Fury or another figure you control that is an Agent or has an Avenger Marker on its card.
I'd agree that Double Attack makes MCU Fury seem a bit more offensive than he's typically portrayed. But it works well with the mechanics, it just feels slightly off. I dig the design overall.
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
COVERT INITIATIVE
If there is an Avenger Marker on this card, figures you control that are Agents or have Avenger Markers on their cards never take leaving engagement attacks. If you win initiative, you may immediately remove an Avenger Marker from this card. If you do, choose up to 2 figures you control. Roll an unblockable attack die against a figure engaged with each chosen figure.
What's the goal of this line? I ask just cause I don't love that slight tension between keeping a marker on his card and spending it to get effects. It's the one minor bit I dislike about GA II, since I feel like having to make that choice just feels unfun most of the time. I think it makes a bit more sense here as a "limited resource" deal, but it's still something I see irking me as a player. Not sure how everyone else feels about that.

Double Attack is the classic and probably best way to get synergy with Cap, but what if we explored some other ideas? One thing that really sticks with me about Jackson's Fury is that he's a survivor. Dude get shot at, blown up, and assassinated all the time, and he always finds a way out. What about playing around with his defense stat, like Genius Escape?
Old September 15th, 2021, 06:19 PM

The problem with a defensive/passive power is it misses the point of giving him Double Attack, which is to have a reason to activate him and take turns with him.

IMO, MCU Fury can throw down, he just chooses not to most of the time.

The goal of the line you quoted, MrNobody, is to ape the way Green Arrow (JL) does it, because I enjoy that aspect of the design and enjoy the resource management tension of deciding when to blow his last JL Marker.

Going to fix the typo Archie pointed out because it doesn't change any mechanics and I don't want it to slip through the cracks.

Old September 15th, 2021, 06:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Chill, valid points!

I guess my idea overall is maybe we could try brainstorming something that feels a little more unique to the character than standard double attack? Cause I can definitely see where LP is coming from.

What if he just kept coming back?
Quote:
NARROW ESCAPE
At the start of the round, if Nick Fury is destroyed, you may place him on an empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of a friendly figure with an Avenger Marker on their card and place or remove Wound Markers until there are X on this card.
That would make you not afraid to put him on the front line, but I’m not sure it would incentivize you to actually do so.

I guess what I’d want to see is a design that gets one or two cool action scenes (things to do) per movie (game), but isn’t the kind of combat piece that’s gonna stand on the front lines. Not sure exactly what that looks like yet, admittedly.
Old September 15th, 2021, 06:41 PM

Yeah, not sure that gets to what you’re asking for.

Any third power needs to be pretty slim also or one of the first two powers needs to be trimmed down. I don’t want three meaty powers here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library