Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
...IS Mediocre

hoju511 is surprisingly tart
MonPoc in Minnesota 2/13/11

There has been a growing number of 'Scapers at our local T.C. Game Days that have recently started playing Monsterpocalypse. A few of us thought it would be good to have a place to talk about the game and set up game days locally. So here we are.

Game Days

If you are interested in hosting a MonPoc day, please post in this thread or PM me. In your post include where and when the game will be. I will keep the first post updated with all events and the thread title updated with next up coming event date.

Coming events

Event -----------Host -----------Date -------------Location--------Time

Game Day ------Hoju -----------2/13/11 -----Twin Cities Comics------Noon

Please let me know what changes I can make.

Last edited by hoju511; February 10th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old February 10th, 2011, 02:30 AM

fat_rabbit Woo who?
Re: MonPoc in Minnesota 2/13/11

First of all Hoju, thanks for starting a MonPoc thread for us! With your street cred this should take off like a wild fire...Don't put it out. I guess I can forgive you for sabotaging me with your dragons now.

So is it the usual 12 p.m.- 1 p.m. start up time this Sunday?

Also just a general question, would anyone be willing to meet in Inver Grove Heights for a future MonPoc game day?
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
...IS Mediocre

Sorry, I should have put a start time. I'll fix it. 12 - 1 start time should be fine.

As for Inver Grove, if I have the day off, I'm fine with the drive.

(these are from my little one with love)
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Keep me posted on an IGH date. My schedule is always pretty flexible Wed.-Sunday. Especially after next week when we get eliminated from the state hockey playoffs.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:49 PM

fat_rabbit Woo who?

Does anyone have any Spy Flies, Razor Bettles, Bellowers, Cthulabites, Stealth Apes or any Triton units they're willing to part with? I'm sure there's a lot more I want...This was just off the top of my head. Basically, is anyone interested in trading/selling units?
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:26 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Did you guys have fun today?

For my mother's b-day, we went to Ikea because she needs a new desk. I like that store - they have really comfy chairs.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:46 AM
...IS Mediocre

Hope your ma had a grand Birthday at Ikea.
I only hade time for one game as my little one was up all night and day sick...
10 pm,
1am,
3am,
6am, .... and so on.
I had fun with the one game, it was close, i think anyway.
Thanks guys. I look forward to our next time.
A.E. I looked up the rules when I got home, yes, you could have morphed on my eels, but you would have taken a hit for crushing each one... I think you should have tried it.

Oh, buy the way, that wheel will be mine....
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:47 AM

fat_rabbit Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju511 View Post
Oh, buy the way, that wheel will be mine....

Sorry. No wheel for you! I bought both unit boosters as soon as you left. I'll let you hold the wheel though.
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:52 AM

fat_rabbit Woo who?

........Alright. I didn't buy the boosters. The wheel will be yours.
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Two matches between Fat_Rabbit and I after Hoju and Lil Hoju left.

Match 1 my Cthulu remain undefeated as heroic Yaseth is able to oust the evil General Hondo.

Hondo does plenty of destruction but as FR and I talked about, 5,6 defense and 10 total life isn't much. This was the first time I've ever had a meat slave or a tower of corruption survive the game.

Game two

FR gains revenge as Drillcon punishes Armordax. I was doing OK in this game pitting my dinos against his moles/Lotron/one corrupter which never hit the table, force.

But FR made a nice move, tossing Armordax into the middle of my power base, crushing the newspaper building and taking away my control of the stock exchange which was preventing Drillcon's riled (and thus got FR riled).

FR and I are both winners though because we outlasted the Magic guys. Take that!

My favorite line of the day, listening to the Magic guys:

Magic guy with the Yoshi hat on: Yeah, I have to go home and study after this, I'm getting a D- in one of my courses at Brown College. I'm on academic probation, they have high standards there.

So what's low standards academic probation then if a D- is high standards academic probation?

More Monpoc is slated for Wed. when Trav11111 will be heading to Princeton. Playing Hoju yesterday has me loving the chompers so I'm planning some planet eaters and it may be time to dust off the Shadow Sun.....

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM
...IS Mediocre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Playing Hoju yesterday has me loving the chompers so I'm planning some planet eaters and it may be time to dust off the Shadow Sun.....
Is that a rematch offer, 'cause I'll take it and school you with my fish this time.....

Get it?

School...

Fish...

So....
Officemax will laminate for $4.99 a sq. foot. I might take a map over there tonight to see what kind of job they do. I think our maps are 24' x 30', so I hope it wont cost more than $10.00. Thats money I could use for my wheel....
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM

Let me know what the cost is, I need to get my done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures