Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
The Nakitas unique squad is simply the best unique squad with range that there is. Is there any other unique range squad that costs more? No. At least not yet that I know of. Why? Easy answer. Read the card and the first post of this book. On top of all the awesomeness of Smoke Powder 13 (which by the way with a probability of 40% it is strong) protecting themselves and those adjacent anywhere on the map!? I try to squeeze the Nakitas in as many armies as I can and if possible a squad or two of the Gorillinators. I spread the Nakitas with a ground force and some other range units. On top of that if you move adjacent to them, they can take a shot at you! This squad is unbelievable. It's the best!

It is the most versatile squad out there. Going back to the Gorillinators - 7 movement bonding and one automatic shield! As a unique squad the Nakitas are worth their points easily. I don't even think about it when I can fit them in. They would be worth their points even without Gorillinator movement bonding. Their range might not be the best, but you can always add Laglor (easily one of the two best FBs if used properly) and they had to have a weakness; otherwise, they would be the Queens of HS. Range and bonding rule and Nakitas have both. Moreover, they are portable protection units (again 40%!). That's a 40% probability that your opponent might loose a full turn if they can only target and attack the Nakitas or any units adjacent to them. Of course it is from a non-adjacent normal attack but they can hit you if you move adjacent to them; what can be more awsome than that with a 30% probability of success?.

Of course, the AE and the Krav are awsome unique range squads. The AE's drop and range allow you to gain height advantage for range units immediately (when you get to drop them), and that's why (range and height advantage) the AE is so popular, but it is obvious why the Nakitas are worth more (again read above, the card and read the first post). Giving Gorillinators movement bonding of 7, you might get height advantage for range units just after a few turns (depending on the map, tactics, opponent, etc.)

My theory is that they are sitting on the shelves collecting dust because of a production error. Hasbro probably ordered production numbers that are usually reserved for sets with commons. IMO every heroscaper should have this set if they don't already. Of course, as soon as some Gladiators' with range come along in the future, those Nakitas/Gladiator sets that are currently collecting dust will got fast.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old February 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i think a good army with the nakita agents would be this:

1x nakita agents
1x laglor
3x gorillnators

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
It is decent; move bonding can be quite powerful to gain map control.

However, an army heavy in special attacks will dismantle it in short order.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
Has a verdict been made on Jotun throwing units to the Nakitas to trigger the engagement strike? Does that work, if so I can't wait to use it, but I don't want to cheat if it's not legal.
Did we ever come to a conclusion to this?

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old February 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Strange has disabled reputation
My thought is that a figure does not "move into engagement" if it is moved by another figure. The "moved by something else" principle is also the reason why the 4th Massachusetts Line still benefit from Wait Then Fire after Theracus flies them around.

You know, that also opens up some possibilities for counter-Nakita strategies. Use Saylind to summon an Izumi Samurai to a space adjacent to an agent. Now both of her special abilities are neutralized!

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The 4th Mass would only still benefit from Wait Then Fire after Theracus moved them if they could fire on Theracus' turn ... which they can't.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
Has a verdict been made on Jotun throwing units to the Nakitas to trigger the engagement strike? Does that work, if so I can't wait to use it, but I don't want to cheat if it's not legal.
Did we ever come to a conclusion to this?
I would also like to know if we ever got an official ruling. I had this question when my Zombies were respawning adjacent to Nakitas. My guess was that when you move adjacent to anther Nakita by any unconventional means such as summoning, throwing, or placement from off the board, you trigger the strike. Having a special attack weakness, a large/huge weakness, and a carry/etc. weakness on one squad seems a little off to me. But if we ever hear back, I'm eager to know the true answer.
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:19 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
The Nakitas get to roll for engagement strike if a figure is summoned, thrown, or otherwise placed adjacent to them.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Went up against the Nakitas for the 1st time yesterday. I didn't realize how scary the Engagement Strike is until I had to decide what to do. Fortunately I was using Minions and I had Raelin to back them up so I had plenty of defense dice to roll which allowed me to sit back and have them come to me instead of charging them an giving them that free swipe for getting adjacent.

Had I not had the Minions or high defense squads I can see how the Nakitas could just rampage thru certain armies.

-insert signature here-
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Went up against the Nakitas for the 1st time yesterday. I didn't realize how scary the Engagement Strike is until I had to decide what to do. Fortunately I was using Minions and I had Raelin to back them up so I had plenty of defense dice to roll which allowed me to sit back and have them come to me instead of charging them an giving them that free swipe for getting adjacent.

Had I not had the Minions or high defense squads I can see how the Nakitas could just rampage thru certain armies.
Why did the Nakitas come to you at all? If you weren't going to attack them with your Minions, why didn't the ladies just fire away from range until you whiffed a defense roll?
Old February 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Why did the Nakitas come to you at all? If you weren't going to attack them with your Minions, why didn't the ladies just fire away from range until you whiffed a defense roll?
I had a couple squads of Samurai Archers pushing them towards the Minions and also the area of the map we were in was a very cramped space.

-insert signature here-
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:56 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
The Nakitas get to roll for engagement strike if a figure is summoned, thrown, or otherwise placed adjacent to them.
Would it be possible to have this clarification placed somewhere on the Nakitas' first page? With the impending release of the Wolves of Badru, and their Special Attack, this situation is bound to come up in future games. A listing on the first page should clear up any questions before they are asked. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units