Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

The Book of Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLETION 5
ALIENS AND ANDROIDS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #017/ Human Torch.

Character Bio - In the late 1930's, Professor Phineas Horton was approached in secret by the U.S. Government to construct an artificial man to combat the growing Nazi threat. The professor agreed and set to work creating 'Jim Hammond', an android who would appear and act perfectly human. To Horton's surprise, the artificial man's synthetic blood burst into flame upon being exposed to oxygen, causing 'The Human Torch' (as deemed by the press) to be considered a menace by the government.

Hammond set out to learn to control his powers, seeking to better understand and be accepted by humanity. This venture led him first to the NYPD, and eventually to a new career as a crime fighter; in doing so, fanning the flames of the movement that would usher in a new age of marvelous heroes!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: png
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The BOOK of Human Torch (Jim Hammond) DESIGN PHASE

NAME = Human Torch

SECRET IDENTITY = Jim Hammond

SPECIES = Android
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Crime Fighter
PERSONALITY = Dauntless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

FIREBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
If Human Torch inflicts 1 or more wounds on a figure with this special attack, before placing Wound Markers, you may choose either the defending figure or a figure adjacent to the defending figure. After wounds are placed, roll 1 unblockable attack die against the chosen figure for each wound inflicted in that attack. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack.

LAVA RESISTANT
Human Torch never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

FLYING

Ok, make sure this looks good.

Legacy Text:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; October 19th, 2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Fireball Text revised and SP Formatted to modern standard.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Copy this into the second post and you are golden.
Quote:
NAME = Human Torch

SECRET IDENTITY = Jim Hammond

SPECIES = Android
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Crime Fighter
PERSONALITY = Fearless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160???

FIREBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 5. Attack: 4.
If Human Torch inflicts 1 or more wounds on the defending figure, after placing those wounds you may roll one attack die for each wound inflicted. One at a time for each additional skull rolled, you may inflict 1 additional wound on the defending figure, of a figure adjacent to the defending figure. Figures with the Lava Resistent Special Power are not affected by Fireball Special Attack.

LAVA RESISTANT
Human Torch never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.
EDIT: Also, he should have the word FLYING after his last power so everyone knows he gets the symbol.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:47 PM

Cool beans!

Question for pondering:

Does he have Super Strength? I could find no specific mention, but he did regularly go toe-to-toe with Namor, and he is an Android. Just leaving room for better knowledge than me.

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Marvel Database just says he can lift twice his body weight. I don't think that qualifies for SS.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:53 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Cool beans!

Question for pondering:

Does he have Super Strength? I could find no specific mention, but he did regularly go toe-to-toe with Namor, and he is an Android. Just leaving room for better knowledge than me.
I would say no, but I don't really know the character well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Wiki
Strength Level
The Human Torch possesses the normal human strength of a man in his middle twenties who engages in moderate regular exercise (however as an android he may of had slightly higher strength and/or endurance).
EDIT: Ninja'd

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:53 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is the criteria that I roughly remember for Super Strength:

Can he bust down a door? Can he lift 1,000 lbs? Can he fall from a building and not go splat?
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, a few thoughts...

- Crime Fighter I can buy, though something like "Protector" or "Adventurer" or "Lawman" would also be applicable. I think that Crime Fighter is going to have some JSA synergy attached, though, and he'd fit in there smoothly so that'd be cool.
- Not sure I buy Fearless as a personality; he has human emotions, so he does, literally, feel fear. Bold, Brave, Dauntless, Dedicated, Resolute, Valiant... all better choices, if you ask me.
- I feel like his Life and Defense could both use a boost. He's iron-tough, even if he's designed to be humanoid.

Really, I feel like his point cost should be closer to 200 than 150. He's about on par with the modern Human Torch, if not even stronger.

Also, a no on super strength. Outside of the fire and flying he's pretty much just a normal guy. Only, y'know, a robot.
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:02 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Though at times they seemed to have portrayed him that way, the official stance now seems to be that he does NOT have Superstrength.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like Dauntless Crime-Fighter a lot.
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM
C3G's First Fan

Comments in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Alright, a few thoughts...

- Crime Fighter I can buy, though something like "Protector" or "Adventurer" or "Lawman" would also be applicable. I think that Crime Fighter is going to have some JSA synergy attached, though, and he'd fit in there smoothly so that'd be cool. Bingo!
- Not sure I buy Fearless as a personality; he has human emotions, so he does, literally, feel fear. Bold, Brave, Dauntless, Dedicated, Resolute, Valiant... all better choices, if you ask me. I like Dedicated.
- I feel like his Life and Defense could both use a boost. He's iron-tough, even if he's designed to be humanoid. No, he has synthetic tissue and organs, which was meant to mean they are no more durable than yours or mine except they do not burn up when on fire because of some unforseen side effect. However, they have been replaced multiple times. In his early years, he would even become fatigued.

Really, I feel like his point cost should be closer to 200 than 150. He's about on par with the modern Human Torch, if not even stronger.

Also, a no on super strength. Outside of the fire and flying he's pretty much just a normal guy. Only, y'know, a robot.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

FIREBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 5. Attack: 4.

If Human Torch inflicts 1 or more wounds on a figure with this special attack, after placing those wounds, you may choose either the defending figure or a figure adjacent to the defending figure. Roll 1 additional attack die for each wound inflicted. For each additional skull rolled, you may inflict 1 additional wound on the chosen figure. Figures with the Lava Resistant Special Power are not affected by Fireball Special Attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library