Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 28th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Braxas

Looks to me like Braxas' stock is going up in the Wave 9 era. We've had six previews so far. Acid Breath can break through the Indians' Concealment (and Battle Fury defense). It breaks through Migol's One Shield Defense and the fearlessness defense of the Axegrinders. It prevents Dividers from dividing and Tuk-Bak-Ra from gating in reinforcements.

The tribesmen and dwarves do still get their attack enhancements against her, but still.

BUY BUY BUY!
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I used her with 3 Anubians yesterday at NHSD in Texas. I had play tested this army a few times and it did well, although I thought I would have done better than I did at the tourney. My strat was to use her exclusively against armies with a lot of squads to basically even the number odds for my wolves. It worked well a few times but I dont know if I dont know how to use her well, or if I was just unlucky but found her to die rather quickly. I guess 8 life with only 3 defense doesnt last as long as youde think. One game couldn't have been helped because she was withwerwooded by Atlaga(very annoying, especially with juicy expensive minions to destroy). I made a horrible opening move against knights that got 6 wounds on her my opponents turn 1(terrible I know ha) but besides that I feel I played pretty well. Anyway, any pointers on how to use her more effectively?

Dustin
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
any pointers on how to use her more effectively?
Have a melee screen of some sort to engage as much as you can. then swoop her in there and cause havoc while the other squads or heroes are fighting off your own squads, you may even get some disengagement swipes.

Deathreavers work well for this.
Old October 20th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I used Braxas in conjunction with Nilfheim the other day with great success. I was gassing three figures a turn with her. In one round I gassed a squad of sentinals, a squad of Microcorp, and three Knights of Weston without retaliation. She seems to be remarkably successful on maps where her range exceeds the mobility of her targets. On this map, for example, there were two large hills in the middle connected by a bridge. Braxas was able to quickly fly to the top and take out units struggling up the hill.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:18 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I never play with dragons, I believe they are giant bullseye targets that people like to focus on. Well that's true about all the huge figures. I've never personally used Braxis, but when I play against someone who does, sometimes I believe that they forget she has a normal attack of 5 which is a very good attack! If you can get a glyph/taelord and/or height advantage she can match even Jotun. Everyone goes for the 1-hit kills even against heros. It makes her very easy to take down if I can get a hard hitting hero in range (Kaemon Awa is my preference) because the chances of rolling a 17+ are slim. IMO her breath attack should only be used on squads.

Last edited by Chardris1287; December 29th, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
It makes her very easy to take down if i can get a hard hitting hero in range (Kaemon Awa is my preference) because the chances of rolling a 17+ are slim. IMO her breath attack should only be used on squads.
Try playing a game against a 13 year old girl using Braxas. At a tournament earlier this year, I saw a 13 year old girl completely melt my friend's Elf Wizard army with Acid Breath. Then, against me in the next round, she flew Braxas in and rolled 18-17-17 against my Deathreavers, and then gassed Cyprien the next turn.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:48 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
It makes her very easy to take down if i can get a hard hitting hero in range (Kaemon Awa is my preference) because the chances of rolling a 17+ are slim. IMO her breath attack should only be used on squads.
Try playing a game against a 13 year old girl using Braxas. At a tournament earlier this year, I saw a 13 year old girl completely melt my friend's Elf Wizard army with Acid Breath. Then, against me in the next round, she flew Braxas in and rolled 18-17-17 against my Deathreavers, and then gassed Cyprien the next turn.

That sounds horrifying. I had the same outcome as your friend recently in a friendly game. Braxas came in and killed Emiroon, Arkmer, and Jorhdawn on the same turn. Don't worry Braxas, I didn't need those 240 points....

Don't be afraid to attempt the breath on heroes, the reward is worth the attempt.
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about this for a nasty army?

Braxas-210
Raelin-290
Isamu-300
x5 Deathreavers-500

24 Start Spaces Exactly.

You have a huge melee screen, a defensive cheerleader to boost that wall, a sneaky Ninja that will very annoying, and a dragon to melt those stuck in combat with the rats. I would soil myself if I sat down against this army, simply because I would be so frustrated at being locked down while Braxas makes my plastic minis look like the plastic army men you light on fire and watch melt.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I played Braxas against my brother's steamroller army (3 capuans and all the heroes). I used dividers to build a wall, then started gassing the capuans. When he brought out both heroes, I started getting scared. Braxas didn't kill anything for a whole round as I failed to get 17+. Meanwhile, she was down to 4 life.

The next round, I got initiative. My rolls for Crixus, Rhetarious, and a Capuan were 20-20-19. We pretty much stopped playing after that.

My favorite Braxas army:

Braxas 210
Raelin 290
KMA 390
Deathreavers x3 510

That way, if Braxas falls, you still have an offensive force.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Braxas does have certain fear factor towards her. Perhaps 'concern factor' is a better term because I am concerned she will melt half my army. Throwing ranged commons at her seems like the best way to deal with her. Her weaker defense doesnt hold up. Tying her up with commons isnt great because her breath is a special power and she can use it on anyone within range.

Perhaps my most memorable battle against her was when my DW9K came up to engage her. Since my step-son had an irrational fear of disengegement strikes he kept her there and went toe-to-toe with the big borg. Braxas did pause one round to melt two nearby zettians and something else (cant remember what anymore). DW9K defended like a champ,those 9 defense die saved his bacon against those 5 attack dice. Each time Braxes attacked it was SCARY for the me because of 9K's famous glass jaw. However, he defended against 4 skulls on two occasions! Eventually the borg took down the dragon.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I think Braxas is great against Heroes. In fact, she's one of the best counters to the Silver Surfer or Thanos, in my opinion. Sure, she doesn't have a high defense, but that 8 life lasts fairly long against only one attack per turn. I find the best way to knock out Braxas is either just to use large/huge figures or a swarm of cheap commons (Venoc Vipers probably last longer against Braxas than they do most other units).
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I think Braxas is great against Heroes. In fact, she's one of the best counters to the Silver Surfer or Thanos, in my opinion. Sure, she doesn't have a high defense, but that 8 life lasts fairly long against only one attack per turn.
Agreed. There have been three Marvel-allowed tournaments in the northeast over the last few years. Braxas was in the winning army for two of them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units