Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Are these cards poorly done or are they good quality?
Good Quality? 36 87.80%
Poorly Done? 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Warcraft 3, D&D, Marvel and Halo customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
How about this instead of the bonding?

Natural camoflauge
If Watcher is standing on a shadow space or is adjacent to a jungle piece, opponents' figures must be adjacent to attack him with a normal attack.

And should I use yours or awesomeunleashed's wording for lightning bolt?

"If Watcher inflicts a wound on the targeted figure with Lightning Bolt Special Attack, he may attack the targeted figure two additional times."

"If Watcher inflicts at least one wound with Lightning Bolt Special Attack, he may attack the defending figure two additional times with Lightning Bolt Special Attack."
Natural Camouflage sounds good.

I would go for the second wording.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

K thanks!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rorshack is now available here on Auggies Games!! http://www.auggiesgamesonline.com/Wa...n-_p_3111.html

Hope that doesn't count as advertising for the purpose of forum rules...

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; April 10th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM

jackryan4 Woo who?

Question on Flamethrower being a unique hero. Preface, I have only played Halo 1 and 2, but he seems more uncommon hero to me, unless there is a character in the games that I am unaware of.
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM
the above

He's unique for two reasons the first is that the person I derived the custom from already had him as an uncommon so in order to avoid directly copying his work I decided to make him unique. And secondly my current budget does not allow for more than the purchase of a single sculpt for him so I decided to make him unique for that reason.

Good insight though!

EDIT: Flamethrowers name changed to Pyro to resolve this question.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; February 18th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
Cool man thanks. My buddy has a birthday coming up and he's been wanting me to make some Halo customs for our local game, but I just don't have the time. Seems like a perfect opportunity to get these on my scape table. I'll let ya know how it goes. Should have some feedback for ya the weekend after Easter.
Awesome thanks!!
Just wanted to give ya an update. I have your suggested teams printed and cut out. The Weekend birthday hang out went a different direction than I thought it would, and we didn't get a chance to play. Yet that is, I told him about your Halo-Scape customs and he's super pumped to play. Should have that feedback for ya some time this week, or weekend at the latest.

C3G team building links.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
the above

Awesome! Thanks for the update I was actually about to pm you about that as a matter of fact...

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I Finally got a chance to play those Halo-scape customs of yours. We both had a blast, my friend kept saying where is Chief? You got Arbiter why can't I have Chief? We played your suggested armies though, and agreed to play with Chief in a game in the future.

First off some suggestions:

Fear: Only Covenant figures are affected, you should have Covenant on the bad guys cards in one way or another just so the uninitiated like me will know.

Grenade Special: Since you didn't have the Airborn Elites verbiage where each figure gets a turn to throw, we played it as just one Marine can use it, and since it's once per game only, you can do it once only, regardless of how many squads you take. I don't know if this was your intention or not. Also it has creatures affected verbiage where it should be figures affected.

Arbiter: With his defense/life and an auto shield against all attacks, he is very hard to wound, and even harder to destroy. we'd like to suggest reducing it in some manner, to be more balanced with your other Halo-Scape customs. At least the ones we played anyway.

Flamethrower: My friend wanted to suggest a better name, or make him a Spartan with a number or something.

Jackals: get lots of KO's in our game and may need a cost bump.

Sgt Johnson and Minor Elites with their unique bonding had me worried about balance in the pre-game. Although they seemed fine in our game, that unique bonding didn't come into play much and may need to be revisited in a future game.

Now to the game: We played on the Martian War Zone: the Heat. It can be found here. It's not an ideal Halo-scape map, but it was what I had set up.
Spoiler Alert!

After the game, I asked my friend who is the Halo fan if the teams played thematically or not. He said they played very thematically, just like the video game, except Master Chief should have showed up at the end with reinforcements. So it looks like we might have to play some more Halo-scape in the future.

C3G team building links.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:28 PM
the above

Okay good point about Fear I didn't think of that.

Gernade: Each squad of marines gets to use the gernade power once per game, and all four do get to do it.

So they should be:

At the start of the game, place 1 white Gernade marker on a marines Army Card for each Marine squad in your Army. Remove a grenade marker to throw gernades. After moving one at a time do the following with each of the Marines that just moved: Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Grenade Special Attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Arbiter: Couple options make his shielding only work against normal attacks or keep it the way it is and bump him to a 3-3 attack a defense... what do you think?

RAWR!!!
(sorry my gf being bored)

Flamethrower: If your friend has an idea for a name he can suggest one. Keep in mind he is a spartan 3 and not a spartan 2 I can look up something to name him as well. So heres what I am thinking: Kurt-051 (the spartan 3 commander) or Tom-B292 (his right hand man) or
Adam-B004 (just a normal spartan of the line) got a vote? He already is a spartan I think is what his card says.

Jackals: Hmmm... idk why they lasted so long they died very quickly when I fought with them... you only drafted one squad of em right? They are a unique squad. They can not tumble on the same turn as they use their shield.

Yeah the Elites bonding is standard heroscape except for the reversal to hero moving squad. Idk if you are familiar with Kato Katsuro (official heroscape figure) but Sgt. Johnson's bonding is exactly the same as him. But note that once the ODST's are dead Sgt. Johnson may only take a turn with one squad of marines not two.

So feel free to build whatever combination of armies you guys want to the Chief's cost 150 and 190 respectively so you will have to monkey with whichever units you draft but yeah.

Well I figured out the problem with the Jackals... the marines are supposed to be a 3 attack 2 defense squad not a 2 attack 3 defense squad I got it backwards... you could try the marines as a 3-3 if you wanted to if you thought 3-2 was too weak.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; April 22nd, 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Quote:

So they should be:

At the start of the game, place 1 white Gernade marker on a marines Army Card for each Marine squad in your Army. Remove a grenade marker to throw gernades. After moving one at a time do the following with each of the Marines that just moved: Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Grenade Special Attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Looks good to me.

Arbiter: Couple options make his shielding only work against normal attacks or keep it the way it is and bump him to a 3-3 attack a defense... what do you think?

I'd drop his life a bit, 1 or 2 maybe. Make his auto shield more specific, like only for adj or range, (one or the other which ever you think is more thematic) and only on normal attacks, would be my suggestion.

Flamethrower: If your friend has an idea for a name he can suggest one. Keep in mind he is a spartan 3 and not a spartan 2 I can look up something to name him as well. So heres what I am thinking: Kurt-051 (the spartan 3 commander) or Tom-B292 (his right hand man) or
Adam-B004 (just a normal spartan of the line) got a vote? He already is a spartan I think is what his card says.

My friend is the Halo fan, so I have no specific suggestions. If one the named Spartans uses a Flamethrower that's the way I'd go, if not maybe just a random name.

Jackals: Hmmm... idk why they lasted so long they died very quickly when I fought with them... you only drafted one squad of em right? They are a unique squad. They can not tumble on the same turn as they use their shield.

Yup, I used one squad only. I might have played them wrong I thought "each" decided to Tumble, or use the Plasma Shield though, they are tough to hit in either situation, with both defense abilities and they KO'd several opponents figures in our game. They maybe should have been more of a priority target for my friend in our game though.

Yeah the Elites bonding is standard heroscape except for the reversal to hero moving squad. Idk if you are familiar with Kato Katsuro (official heroscape figure) but Sgt. Johnson's bonding is exactly the same as him. But note that once the ODST's are dead Sgt. Johnson may only take a turn with one squad of marines not two.

The Minor Elites (Unique Squad) bonding with the common squad (Grunts) is the unique bonding I was referring to.
Yup, that's the way we played Sgt. Johnson, with one Unique Squad of ODST and/or 1 Marines squad per OM. The Unique Squad and Common Squad bonding is what I thought was unique, as Kato is 2 Common Squads only in that area.

So feel free to build whatever combination of armies you guys want to the Chief's cost 150 and 190 respectively so you will have to monkey with whichever units you draft but yeah.
Cool man, when we get a chance to play your Halo-Scape customs again, I'll let ya know how it goes. We both had a blast, good job on these customs.

C3G team building links.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
the above

The Minor Elites (Unique Squad) bonding with the common squad (Grunts) is the unique bonding I was referring to.
Yup, that's the way we played Sgt. Johnson, with one Unique Squad of ODST and/or 1 Marines squad per OM. The Unique Squad and Common Squad bonding is what I thought was unique, as Kato is 2 Common Squads only in that area.

Ah yes I didn't think of that but it seemed to work properly correct? Yeah the no space limit is based off of Dashi Tokainto the ninja version of Kato Katsuro who only has to be in line of sight to move a figure.

Yup, I used one squad only. I might have played them wrong I thought "each" decided to Tumble, or use the Plasma Shield though, they are tough to hit in either situation, with both defense abilities and they KO'd several opponents figures in our game. They maybe should have been more of a priority target for my friend in our game though.

Yeah the jackals only tumble when attacked by an adjacent figure (some one standing next to them) if a jackal tumbles that jackal can not use its shield for the rest of the turn. If a jackal is attacked from a nonadjacent figure (range) then it can use the shield but not tumble to dodge that attack. So only a jackal that is targeted triggers the special attack. They should be a little more squishy now that I have switched the marines stats back to what they should be.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:46 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Dashi Tokainto isn't a figure I'm familiar with, he must be another custom or C3V.
Ya, the Minor Elites bonding with the Grunts worked fine, any thought about making the Minor Elites a Common Squad, or is it thematic for them to be Unique? A bunch of Minor Elites and Grunts on a team would be a good core to build a Covenant team around.

OK, good to know I was playing the Jackals correctly then.

I am looking forward to playing against the Marines again. Since that you have switched them back to your original Defense and Attack numbers.

C3G team building links.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards