Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
3rd Cheyenne Tourny Saturday June 11th

Rather than starting a new thread I will keep a running thread of all events held at Cyborgs Gaming in Cheyenne, WY

1st event was Jan 22nd, had 11 attendees, and was a lot of fun. It was 500 point rolling rumble format with prize donations and everyone got something, some extra prizes were awarded for things like whoever brought the best prize and completeing the most games. The tournament was won by Aaron, who is not on Heroscapers. I took 3rd place. All info for this event is recorded on the first page of this post

The 2nd event will be Saturday March 19th starting at noon and ending about 7 pm. It will be using the Rolling Rumble format so players may show up late, take breaks when they want, or leave early with no penalty. Entry fee is a prize donation purchased at Cyborgs Gaming with a sticker price of at least $9.00. 20% discount will be given for all prize support purchases. This will be a drafting format. Bring 15 cards worth of figures to add to a 30 card drafting pool for each game. More details are on page 2 of this thread.

The 3rd Cheyenne event is schedualed for June 11th starting at noon. More info for this event is found on the bottom of the 2nd page of this thread. Also you may go to www.cyborgsgaming.com to discuss it on our store forum. Most of the discussion of these events takes place on the local level with people that do not use Heroscapers.com. Because of that the store website is usually a better place for that, but I check both daily.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; June 4th, 2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: update
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cheyenne, WY tourny Jan 19th, 21st, or 22nd

The date is set for the 22nd. I will update this list with likely attendee's. Bolded names are people on Heroscapers. Normal type are local players that are not yet on Heroscapers that I know of.

Likely Attending:
Nick T.
lafleurhero
Andy
Will
R.J.
Kayla

Might Attend:
Revloscaper
Eric
Jason
Leaim

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; January 19th, 2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: attendee update
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM

Revloscaper is surprisingly tart
Re: Cheyenne, WY tourny Jan 19th, 21st, or 22nd

I would like to come but I do not have a ride, If someone is coming up through Denver and can give me a ride I will be there.
(Next year when I am at UW I will come to all your tournaments)
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:15 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker
Re: Cheyenne, WY tourny Saturday Jan 22nd

Lafleurhero... dude, i was psyched to come up to your event, but can't make it that day. I'm really sorry to miss it.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Lafleurhero... dude, i was psyched to come up to your event, but can't make it that day. I'm really sorry to miss it.
Well, the store is open every evening except Tuesdays and I almost always have a Heroscape map set up. Usually in a slightly bigger than tournament standard size. Right now there are 2 maps set up. One is set up for 2 or 4 players with armies of 600-1000 points and 30 hex start zones that is symetrical and has two different ways to play it; and a 3,4, or 6 player map with standard 24 hex zones. We have been playing mostly 540 point games on that one.
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Hmmmm. Tempting.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:52 PM

I've changed my mind. This is going to be a Rolling Rumble format after all. I think some people won't be able to stay for the full thing and the Rolling Rumble allows for that flexibility. I'm going to use points for tie breakers though to help enourage more games getting played, so it will be wins over losses first with points scored as the tie breaker.
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM

Well this one got burried in the muck here. People are really excited about it here though. Actually the list doesn't really show well who is coming. I'm expecting at least 10 locally. Most just haven't gotten their names on the list yet. Already 3 people have donated to the prize table. I've not heard much from people on here though. Anyone else from heroscapers.com planning, or at least gonna try to attend?
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM

Well, there hasn't been any interest lately on here in this event. I'm a bit disappointed about that. However the interest here in Cheyenne has been huge.

Yesterday the internet was down and I couldn't get on here to see who else wanted to sign up for it. Hard to believe the last post was still from me. Anyway today is the big day and already 7 people have brought in prize donations. Three more people and I add another prize from the store. I had planned on probably giving a prize to whoever travled the furthest distance to attend, but looks like I won't be able to do that, unless someone is planning on suprising me. Still I would of prefered to know ahead of time so that I would know how many maps we need. Right now there are 9 maps set up. I made 4 of them and gave input on all there others. Some do give a bit much advantage to flyers or ranged attackers, but there are enough other maps that don't to make up for it. Each one has some unique characteristics, however roads are rather dominate, only one map has snow/ice, and none with lava. Extra tables were brought in and there is not much room left in the store. I expect that plenty of pictures will be taken as Will loves to take pictures and post them on the store website photo album. Here are the maps:

1. Cliff Divers - Features cliffs over hanging a river with treasure glyphs on them. If the Hero grabbing the glyph fails they could end up swimming and losing the treasure in the deep river.
2. Interstate 70 - It's a double wide highway running through the middle of the map, it has guard rails in places and built right into cliffs.
3. Malcom - Named after Malcom X. It has ice and snow.
4. Fountain of Youth - It features healing waters inside a structure in the middle of the map. Not only does it heal you but it's one of the few places safe from possible archers that might be perched on top.
5. King of the Jungle - This map has the only non-treasure face up glyphs and plenty of jungle.
6. The Great Wall - This one features a long wall in the center that cannot be flown or jumped over, let alone landed on. It also has two trapped treasures
7. It's Andys Fault - The name is from an inside joke at the store that everything that happens is Andys fault. It features a bridge that collapsed. Plus it was built by Andy.
8. My First Map, by Aaron - Aaron just bought his first SOTM and DnD master sets 2 days ago and this is his first map. I didn't have to do anything to improve it though. It's fairly basic but is also the only map to have shadow tiles.
9. Sunken Castle. it basicly has two topless castles on each side and a bottomless castle in the middle in a swamp. It's going to be a paid for figures than need line of site to support other figures, but there are already plenty of maps that those types of armys will do very well on.

I will post on here again after the event with results and which of these maps were most liked. Everyone of these maps are symmetrical.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM

Wish we could make it up there. We're pretty bogged down with our sched this winter. Have a great time!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM

well right now we have 11 people playing. I purposely left myself as the odd man out in case someone shows up late and also to help people in the early games. We will be playing until 8 pm
Old January 26th, 2011, 01:06 AM

Here is a link to 3 youtube vids of the tournament. I wasn't even aware that they were taking movies, I thought it was just pictures. I still need to post the results here also, though they are already posted on the store website.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WillzPhoenix

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events