Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Chicagoland Heroscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
Do we know if Chicago is planning on doing a big NHSD tourney?
I certainly don't expect anyone else to really do this, but I'm 90% sure I'll be heading out to Iowa. Aside from the fact that it significantly decreases my chances of winning an NHSD event, I had an awful lot of fun last year.
If Chicago does not get a NHSD tourney together ( or even if they do ) you all are invited to the Tree Town Open. The state of Illinois could use more representation at the Tree Town Open. Anyway you are all welcome to come over. Hope to see some of you.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
NHSD Tournament in IL

Yes, there is a tournament going on in the Champaign-Urbana area courtesy of playa1.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21211

The event is Sunday, October 19th from 12-4:30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old November 1st, 2008, 11:05 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Chicagoland Heroscaping: Sunday 11/16

Game On?

Just some causal play in Hoffman Estates on a Sunday afternoon...

Haven't decided on maps yet. I was thinking about some 2 vs. 2 team play, perhaps.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'll likely be there, and possibly bringing one or two with me, depending on schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM

iamawesome Woo who?

4 other people and i may be attending, ill get a final headcount for you soon!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Add another! I will be there for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Looks like I'll miss this one hopefully next game.
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sorry Gary, I've got to work next weekend...and the following weekend

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Hopefully you guys can make the next one, which probably won't be until after Turkey Day.

How's the basement coming along, Hahma?
Old November 8th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Hopefully you guys can make the next one, which probably won't be until after Turkey Day.

How's the basement coming along, Hahma?

I'll try to make it a point to make the next one Gary. Regarding the basement, the bathroom is about done. The fixtures are in and working, I just have to paint the doors and trim and then the walls again. The bar/family room area is on hold for now as I'm having to work some side jobs on weekends. My wife quit her job in Chicago (after 21 years of a long commute, the last 8 years of which have been 2hrs each way) and is looking for a part-time evening job while the twins are in kindergarten so we can save on daycare and she can spend more time with them. So I have to take on some side jobs on weekends to get bills paid while she's not working. So unfortunately, on weekends that I'm off (like this one) I want to spend time with the kids and relax without having to worry about the basement. Actually, tonight I'm going to play HS with my nephew. I haven't played at all since the last time I was at your place

I'll keep checking this thread to see when the next session is up your way after Thanksgiving and I'll not schedule a side job that weekend. Good luck and have fun next weekend.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Spin Master

Giving the thread a bump to see if there's any other interest out there. Looks like we'll be at around 10 players so far.

I'm giving some thought about battlefields right now and will have them posted tomorrow night.

I think we'll stick with 1v1 for the most part. I'll put together a map or two that are large enough for either 1v1 or 2v2 in case some want to play a team game.

I'd also like to keep with my standard 520 point army limit. So start thinking about what 520 point armies you want to play.

Check back tomorrow night and go to the first post for the battlefields.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; November 11th, 2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Spin Master

Changed my mind about the 520 points. Let's go with 500 instead. And just to be a rebel, I'd like to go with 25 start-zone spaces instead of 24. Also, all maps will be symmetrical.

Jexik requested we try a BoV that's under the reviewing process. So I'll build a couple copies of Moosman's "Division" battlefield. (The PDF shows 24 spaces, but add one space to the nearby open grass space on the edge, for 25 spaces.)

Get the PDF

I'd also like to do some symmetrical "reflections" from my MOP collection.

Get the PDF

Get the PDF

Get the PDF. Treat snow tiles as Heavy Snow.

I'm currently working on a Swamp/Jungle MOP reflection that will be big enough for 4 players for some 2v2 games if desired. I'll have that up shortly.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; December 7th, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events