Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old October 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: The Top 10 Most Frequently Overlooked (yet [ab]used) Rul

Raelin must be able to see them (any part, even a grey area).

And I am not sure about your Spider question--and after stepping in it once in this thread, I'm waiting for someone else to speak up. (I have had SBN attack in a situation like that (based on his height being above the wall), but I may have been wrong...)
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by felnar View Post
and i never realized that a Fyorlag Spider on the inside of a RttFF wall can't be attacked by Su-Bak-Na on the outside.
You are correct. Becuase spiders are only 2 high. And the battlement are two high. They would not be adjacent.
Old October 18th, 2008, 02:01 AM

felnar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
thanks 1Mmirg
Old October 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
1. You cannot move through your own engaged figures.
Good, then I'll still have the element of surprise when Shiori assassinates half your army tomorrow
Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
The aura also extends in all directions whether she is facing a certain way or not. She essentially can see through her own head behind her and through her wings. Makes life easier, but directly conflicts with the Q9 ruling for who knows why.
Old October 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
It's a great list, Jexik. The only one I might add would be that you have to roll all of your allowed dice when attacking or defending.
<RR>
When attacked, both players technically should roll, even if they don't need to, and they need to roll all of their alotted dice.

I have a question. Doesn't this conflict with the "you snooze you lose" rule? I thought you could "forget" a bonus if you wanted to...
Old October 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's a great list, Jexik. The only one I might add would be that you have to roll all of your allowed dice when attacking or defending.

<RR>
When attacked, both players technically should roll, even if they don't need to, and they need to roll all of their alotted dice.

I have a question. Doesn't this conflict with the "you snooze you lose" rule? I thought you could "forget" a bonus if you wanted to...
You could "forget" a bonus, but that is called lying and is frowned upon in most societies.
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM

simplymenotu Woo who?

Not sure if this question is a Rule, Un-Written Rule or Just Plain Ole Good Gaming;

Is it frowned upon to watch your opponents order marker placement before placing your own? (And moving them around just before rolling for initiative)

...not that it matters when someone brings all RATS or rank after rank of the 10th! LOL
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

6 x 10th Regiment does not = rank after rank, especialy when 2 squads are never moved out of their start zone during Scape-a-Palooza.. Hmmm... who could this be?

Old October 18th, 2008, 11:29 PM

simplymenotu Woo who?

I noticed that as well. People who brought more than two squads moved one (or two) out while the others remained back at camp cooking beans, farting and swapping fish stories.

LOL!

Today I lost to Krav and three 10th fellas.
*sigh*
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
Quote:
Quote:

<RR>
When attacked, both players technically should roll, even if they don't need to, and they need to roll all of their allotted dice.

You could "forget" a bonus, but that is called lying and is frowned upon in most societies.
I just thought it was a legitimate play. Couldn't one, if they should so choose, hit someone else with their sword inexpertly, even though they could have done better?
Old October 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I don't think you have to annoucne which non-mover is going to potentially attack (I could be wrong). This way you don't 'screw yourself so to speak in case another figure destroys the only target that figure is near and now you can't use a different fig (of the same type) that is within range of somthing else.
This is true, however if your figure has an ability that is activated by moving (requires a move of 0 or greater before you can use it) you must anounce your move even if it is a move of 0, or else you won't be able to use that ability. I know there is at least 1 relavent special ability but I can't remember what or on which army card right now.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old October 19th, 2008, 10:32 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
This is true, however if your figure has an ability that is activated by moving (requires a move of 0 or greater before you can use it) you must anounce your move even if it is a move of 0, or else you won't be able to use that ability. I know there is at least 1 relavent special ability but I can't remember what or on which army card right now.
I believe there is not a single case where that would be relevant. The Stingers are the only common squad with that sort of power and movement has no bearing on the power. The Wolves of Badru could also be considered to have a "after moving" power, but the Pounce attack falls under the same rule of being able to attack with figures that did not move.

Since attacking doesn't need "move 0" declared, I would say that using powers also falls under the same ruling. As long as you don't activate more figures than the army card allows, it should be fine.

Units with "after moving" powers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's