Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old April 17th, 2021, 01:50 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

The Blue Wyrmling says "Range 4 + Special." Not sure if that's the proper precedent.

Old April 17th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
The Blue Wyrmling says "Range 4 + Special." Not sure if that's the proper precedent.
I agree. Good catch

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 17th, 2021, 08:42 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Reasoning

You're not targeting a figure. It's all figures around you within X spaces like the SoV unit Viceron the Blood Knight. If Nimue was choosing a figure like Blue or Sharwin it'd be 3+special but since she hits everyone it's Range Special.

~Dysole, clarifyingly
Old April 17th, 2021, 11:13 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
You're not targeting a figure. It's all figures around you within X spaces like the SoV unit Viceron the Blood Knight. If Nimue was choosing a figure like Blue or Sharwin it'd be 3+special but since she hits everyone it's Range Special.

~Dysole, clarifyingly

Old April 22nd, 2021, 09:55 PM

DEVIL'S TOOTH, CURSED SWORD OF POWER
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, Nimue may have the Sword of Power inflict her with a wound. If she does, choose either:
• Any or all adjacent figures are also affected by the attack. They each roll defense dice separately.
• Add 3 attack dice to the attack.

Old April 22nd, 2021, 10:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Looks good.

Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:21 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Necessary?

The first clause states it's an adjacent attack. Because she gets to choose who is affected, what purpose is the second adjacent serving?

~Dysole, trying to sort things out
Old April 23rd, 2021, 11:53 PM

Re: Necessary?

Quote:
The first clause states it's an adjacent attack. Because she gets to choose who is affected, what purpose is the second adjacent serving?

~Dysole, trying to sort things out
To reduce ambiguity. I interpreted it the same as you, but testers have noted it could be viewed as allowing her to target everything even things at range.

Playtested Nimue tonight on Tabletop Simulator. In her current form, she feels closer to 150 Points.

Defense 3
We don't want an expensive unit eating arrows before it gets to do anything. Functionally, I agree with 3. But from a simulation perspective, 3 outperformed what I witnessed in the source. Perhaps Nimue should be Defense 2

Attack 5
While she does beat ass in source, even without summoning extra sword power, 5 felt too good, too skilled. perhaps Nimue should be Attack 4 but I'm fine with Attack 5, because she does splatterize.

CALL OUT TO THE HIDDEN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3: At times I wanted it to have a greater reach of 4.
Defense Negation: This owned so hard. It was supposed to represent the choking strangling aspect of the vines. But the ratio feels off. Maybe Range 4, Attack 1. Defense -1.
Rolling attack dice once: Rolling attack dice only once saves time. And it could be argued that the trees act in unison and the deadly force is applied evenly, but something didn't feel quite right. Perhaps attack dice should be rolled for each unit.
Trees: Currently this hits all units adjacent to one tree. Perhaps this ratio can be toggled somehow. Instead of 6:1, make perhaps 3:1 or 2:1 or even 1:1. Cap it somehow. maybe answer is trees and pieces add a number of dice each and then those can be distributed among figures up to a max rolled for a single unit. Like a Queglix Gun Special Attack.

WATER TUNNEL
While this power wasn't activated in my play, the option was available and felt good.

Points 130
As written, Nimue performs at 150. If we reduce her Defense and Special Attack damage, this will certainly affect her Points total.

Thoughts? How were your plays?

Old April 24th, 2021, 03:30 PM

CALL OUT TO THE HIDDEN
Instead of attacking, choose any or all Evergreen Trees and Jungle Pieces within 3 spaces of Nimue. For each, choose a figure within 2 spaces of that object. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 17 or higher, inflict 2 wounds to the figure. If the figure is small, medium, or large, add 3 to your roll.

Old April 25th, 2021, 05:20 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That looks clean, and like a lot of fun. Wording feels concise and direct. This plays like a control the field type of character that makes you cautious about placement and approaches. On a well designed map, no issues. The design sparked intrigue when I've showed it to friends.

Water tunnel is fun, but I have not felt a need to activate it when putting her on the board yet.
Old April 25th, 2021, 11:40 PM

FYI

I feel like it would be better as either just calling out 17+ for huge through bullet points or saying that subtract 3 from your dice roll if the figure is huge. I think she should be base attack of 4. If she is not going to have a healing ability she needs to have Defense of 3 or she will crumple so hard. (Even as is Life 4/Defense 3 will fall really fast to sustained fire and she will absolutely be a target)

~Dysole, still in theoryscaping but curious what she's been played with and against
Old April 26th, 2021, 07:31 AM

Re: FYI

Quote:
If she is not going to have a healing ability she needs to have Defense of 3 or she will crumple so hard. (Even as is Life 4/Defense 3 will fall really fast to sustained fire and she will absolutely be a target)

~Dysole, still in theoryscaping but curious what she's been played with and against
In source she crumples often and depends on the other figures in her army protecting/reviving her

Theoryscaping, Arthur would protect surrounding friendlies, Gwain would attack boost surrounding friendlies/Fey, Fey squads would fodder, a unique Fey squad would enrage, common fey hero who heals

Edit: I'm thinking we might not even need size restrictions on Call

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum