Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Official MMORPG discussion thread and directory

All right, I did not find another topic like this, so I thought it would be good to start one. I'm sure many of us play at least one MMORPG, so I figure that it would be good if we had a central place in which to discuss the various MMORPGs we play. By discussing them, people here can possably have an easier time deciding which game to join, and have an easier time finding fellow Heroscapers in-game. As well, if we leave the names of the characters we play on the games, and what servers they are on, it may help someone who is thinking of joining that game decide which server to play on.

When/if enough people leave their game information on here, I'll create a directory of the various MMORPGs and which scapers play which one. If you want you could also leave what class your character is, but not level, since that usually changes rapidly. To start off with, here are my characters:

Flyff(Glaphan server):
Mathaos-Acrobat
TheFiremaster-Elementor
BPFiremaster-Assist

Rappelz(Lydian server):
Mathaos-Fighter
Firemaster-Kahuna
DarkMageFiremaster-Dark Magi

Old May 8th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Post reserved for future use

Old May 8th, 2007, 03:23 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Once upon a time, I wasted a truly awesome amount of time playing Dark Age of Camelot. How much? Well, I was completely hooked for a year, and during that year spent more time online than I did at the office, and I was working a full week every week. How I found the time to sleep I'll never know.

What did I get out of it? A handful of level 50 characters nobody cares about (including me), and a year-long gap in my life.

Since then I dabbled lightly with City of Heroes, mostly for the silly names and costumes. And some Planetside (which is more a MMOFPS).

And I can honestly say I'm never going to get hooked on another MMORPG. I've read the REd Dwarf book, Better Than Life - being stuck in a game isn't good for you. And I have a brother-in-law who schedules his whole life around guild events in World of Warcraft, effectively ignoring real life (including his family) while he's about it. So with that word of warning, don't expect me back in this thread anytime soon.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old May 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I'd love to get into "LotR: Shadows of Angmar", but sadly I know what happens to me when I play one of these games.

Like I'm certain so many will say, no sleep, no sunlight, no real life. I did have a friend to share it with for most of my games, both of us played every evening at my house, but both her and I realized how much of our lives we had lost at one point.

We sold all of our items (that we could), gave our gold away to a random player, and un-installed WoW from our computers for the rest of time. I almost got back into it when the expansion pack came out, but held myself back.

Sometimes I miss Shadowtrigge, Hotlavadeath, Cinciragg and Cupidzzz (my characters, all Druids, lol), but I soon regain my grasp on reality and quickly try to forget.

*Shivers*

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:58 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Judging by these posts, these games should be called MAORPG. (Massively Addictive Online RPG)

6 x 9 = 42

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:44 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
In certain quarters, they are already referred to as digital crack.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old May 18th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Ravven Demonwing has disabled reputation
I'll be honest; I love MMO's, but I can't get addicted. It's impossible, because I don't like to make huge commitments to characters on my computer. I do love the game Monster Hunter for PSP, which is kinda Like an MMO, just without the MM. So, yeah, never felt a true addiction I suppose...

Ravven Demonwing Manages the Training room in...
The Menagerie
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:56 PM

hobbesthebrainslug has disabled reputation
i grow bord of MMo's easily. i hate EXP grind.

Grut name: Erjunak
Marro name: Na-Dav-Kak

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games