Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

View Poll Results: How often do you scenario or skirmish scape?
I scenario scape ~70-100% of the time 14 12.73%
I skirmish scape ~70-100% of the time 82 74.55%
I scenario scape ~51-69% of the time 3 2.73%
I skirmish scape ~51-69% of the time 11 10.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Do You Skirmish or Scenario Scape?

With master set 3's focus on a dungeon crawling scenario feel, and the previous master set promoting a similar mind set, I would like to see the community's preference.

Do you skirmish or scenario scape more?

Skirmish scape being a game of even armies in a balanced setting. If there is a story, it matches the game.

Scenario scape being a story based game with many house and story based rules, sometimes with uneven or unlikely odds (in a tournament setting.) The game matches the story.

~~~~~~~~Disclaimer

This thread has little to do with master set 3 itself, but the feeling of game that it probably promotes. We've seen a scenario master set in SotM, so I'm assuming the 3rd is similar.

What the community prefers can't affect the 3rd MS in its developed stage, and this thread doesn't intend to do so.

Last edited by Elf_Archer; August 17th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Do You Skirmish or Scenario Scape?

I don't think many people here have given scenarios a try before. I know I haven't. Hard to say which you prefer if you have never given it a try.

Also, why is this in news? This needs to be moved to General Discussion.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; August 17th, 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Posted before I thought.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:51 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Sorry if this post comes across as mean, but how the hell is anybody supposed to answer that? Nobody knows how the Dungeon Crawl is going to work, so how can they know if they like it without ever trying it? Nobody even knows about it, so its impossible to even say "It doesn't sound like something I would like."

And why is this in news? A thread that serves no purpose and, even if it did have a purpose, is in the wrong forum?

/rant. Sorry, I'm just getting aggravated at everybody here who acts like they have had MS3 in their hands for a year and a half already.
Ok, I'll ask for it to be moved, but I wasn't sure about placement.

This thread has little to do with master set 3 itself, but the feeling of game that it probably promotes. We've seen a scenario master set in SotM, so I'm assuming the 3rd is similar.

What the community prefers can't affect the 3rd MS in its developed stage, and this thread doesn't intend to do so.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I edited my post. I just saw the title and exploded. Sorry.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Yeah, I edited my post. I just saw the title and exploded. Sorry.
It's ok, don't sweat about it.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'm a skirmisher. I play HS as a skill challenge.

I've got DnD for when I want to get my RPG on.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

Learned to play the game as a skirmisher and will continue to play as such

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:42 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Where is the option for drunken skirmish?
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Scenarios can be great fun, but most of the folks I play with just want to pick an army and have at it. Skirmishes are also easier for first time players, I think.

I suspect that the scenarios will be one of the strong points (if not the strongest point) of Master set 3.
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:38 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I've never done a scenario in my life. I never thought they would be fun. The only that I would do close to a scenario is a capture the flag or a double layered skirmish. (You choose to deploy troops on the top or bottom, and you can still move one OM per turn. So you decide whether try to defeat the troops on the top or the bottom, if one of the battles is completed, either top or bottom, then you remove the bottom or top battlefield and you deploy them in your starting zone on the other side.)

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could be wrong, but I believe the "Dungeon Crawl" experience that's being lined up in DnD 'Scape is going to be different from our typical "Scenario" gaming in HeroScape. (apples & oranges)

If all we see in DnD 'Scape are a few new Scenarios to play, then I would be rather disappointed in the new wasted potential possible in this release. I'm expecting to see some really cool new gaming options in this blend.

That being said, I certainly prefer "Have at Thee!" skirmishes at this point, over pre-printed scenarios... but only because the scenarios we've seen so far don't really ADD anything special to the battles. DnD Dungeon Crawling Scape could have much goodness to offer as a fun alternate to our typical skirmishes.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 18th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Oh, that's so untrue!

Try making a Tundra set and put a glyph in the middle of the map in between the tundras. Whomever has control of the glyph gets to control the Dzu-Teh, and after initiative they respawn to a total of 3. If nobody controls them, they do not move but will attack anyone adjacent to them at the end of the round.

Lots of fun. You can do the same with Obsidian Guards.

Another fun scenario is to make a map with 2 glyphs at the extents of the map, and this is where Zombies spawn from. After every initiative you place zombies adjacent to the glyphs and one on top of each (for a total of 14 possible new Zombies) and the object is to defeat the Zombie Horde by having a figure on the glyph (to control it) and thereby stop the zombies from respawning. LOTS of fun, and dozens of zombies are a hard thing to defeat!

An alternative to that Zombie scenario is that every initiative you place one wound marker on the zombie card, and if you do not defeat them in 10 rounds the Zombies win!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News