Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:43 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Western PA Tournament! (Results on pg 5)

Hi there everybody! Great news, the 3rd Western PA Heroscape Tournament is coming up! It will be held in the same place it has been before, although it will start a little earlier due to some time constraints we seemed to have last time. Everything else is the same from last time except that I will be running it instead of Tiberius. looks like I won't be three-peating my championship title as it wouldn't really look good to have the runner of the tournament win the tournament. Oh well. So let the thread begin, let me know what you liked and what you didn't like about last tournament.

Address:
Game Master's Realm
2284 Brodhead Road
Aliquippa Pa 15001

Tournament format:
Swiss style, winners play winners and the loser of each match will play the other losers of that round,
5 rounds total, 45 minute rounds,
One on one death matches.

Scoring will be like we did in the last tournament, and the tournament before. You get either a check of a win or a loss on the papers provided and then you count up your points you have left on the field (including wounded heroes for example, a Q9 with 2 wounds is only worth 90 points, a Krav squad with one figure left is worth 33 points, etc.) This scoring will be a tie breaker for final placement where you add the amount to your point score of the total points you have left if you win. Or you subtract the amount your opponent has if you lose.

Armies:
You are expected to bring 500 point armies, your own dice, order markers, wound markers, and any other special stuff you need for your army. Also the army is limited to 24 spaces for the starting zone.

No customs are permitted but repaints of official figures are welcome and encouraged. Proxies of official currently released figures are also permitted.

Tournament fee will be 5 dollars and bring a prize for the prize table. The five dollars pays the guy that owns the store for allowing us to use his facilities.

The tournament will be starting at 11:00 this time, so that we have plenty of time to finish it, and so people will not be rushing to get out of there for their Saturday evening arrangements.

People who are coming so far:
gamjuven
Royaldoy
Royaldoy's significant other
Royaldoy's brother
D-man
other friend of Royaldoy
happyjosiah
Starflyer

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:57 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here's a list of the armies and results that have been played in the last 2 tournaments. This may help newcomers see what to expect. Most likely this won't help at all since we have a pretty big variety of armies on both days thanks to wave 7, but perhaps this will be interesting to all those statisticians we have on this website. Perhaps there is a pattern to these tournaments that may be useful to know (besides Q9 being a good choice in an army). Enjoy.

1st Western PA Tournament Results and Armies (June 16th, 2007)

1. Gamjuven (Major Q9, Deathreavers x2, Krav, Raelin) (record of 4-1 and 1106 points)
2. Royaldoy (3x4th mass., Raelin, mimring) (record 4-1 and 666 points)
3. Glenn (royaldoy's brother) (Tagawa Samuri, Kaemon Awa, Izumi samuri and Hatamoto Taro) (record 4-1 with 500 points)
4. Jesse (Microcorp agents, Ninjas, AE, marro warriors, deathreavers x2) (record 4-1 and 468 points)
5. AJ (Warriors of Ashra x2, Syvarris, aubrien archers x2, acolarh) (record 4-1 and 100 points)
6. Tiberius (Grimnak, Tornak, heavy gruts x2, raelin) (record 3-2 with 657 points)
7. Andrew (Hatamoto Taro, Izumi samuri, Kaemon Awa, Tagawa Samuri) (Record 3-2 with 337 points)
8. Christina (Acolarh, Syvarris, Aubrien Archers x2, Warriors of Ashrax2) (record 3-2 with 180 points)
9. Hunter Ropper (Charos, Mimring, Raelin) (record 3-2 and -2 points)
10. Starflyer (Charos, Shades of Bleakwood, Deathreavers, Krav) (record 3-2 and -43 points)
11. Dennis (Subakna, meburqsa, negoksa, marro warriors, marro drones x2) (record 2-3 and 310 points)
12. Lori (royaldoy's wife) (Johnny shotgun sullivan, raelin, 3xomnicron snipers) (record 2-3 and -251 points)
13. Garrett (Brunak, marro warriors, anubian wolves, marro drones, dumatef guard, tarn viking warriors, marden hounds) (record 2-3 with -284 points)
14. Jeff (Laglor, Agent Carr, Krav, Microcorp agents, theracus) (record 2-3 with -301 points)
15. Brandon (Syvarris, raelin, Krav, Tarn Viking warriors, Krug) (record 2-3 and -669 points)
16. Matthew S (Tagawa Samuri Archers, Marro warriors, zombies x2, heavy gruts, grimnak) (record 2-3 and -989 points)
17. Matthew M (Minions of Utgar, Marro Warriors, Roman Legionnaires x3, Negoksa, Meburqsa) (record 1-4 and -207 points)
18. Brian (Grimnak, AE, Minions of Utgar, marro warriors, izumi samuri) (record 1-4 and -560 points)
19. Kosta (Negoksa, subakna, marro warriors, meburqsa, Krav) (record 1-4 and -588 points)

2nd Western PA Tournament Results and Armies (July 28th, 2007)

1. Gamjuven (4 wins, 1 loss, 879 points) (Krug, Cyprien, Sonya, Swog riders x2, and arrow gruts x3)
2. Tiberius (4 wins, 1 loss, 732 points) (Braxas, deathreavers x2, microcorp agents x2)
3. Dennis (4 wins, 1 loss, 685 points) (Venoc Warlord, Marcu, Syvarris, Aubrien archers x 2, venoc vipers x3)
4. Eric (4 wins, 1 loss, 463 points) (Major Q9, Gorillanators, Krav Maga Agents, Nakita Agents)
5. Happyjosiah (3 wins, 2 losses, 582 points) (Airborne Elite, Roman legionaires x 3, Negoksa, meburqsa, Marcus Decimus Gallus)
6. Thegamemastersrealm (3 wins, 2 losses, 282 points) (Kaemon Awa, Raelin, Nakita Agents, Izumi Samuri, Tarn Viking Warriors, Knights of Weston)
7. Lori (3 wins, 2 losses, 156 points) (microcorp agents x2, Krav maga agents, Nakita agents, raelin)
8. Starflyer (3 wins, 2 losses, -134 points) (Sir Gilbert, Raelin, Sir Denrick, Omnicron Snipers, Knights of Weston)
9. Andrew (2 wins, 3 losses, 181 points) (Heavy Gruts x3, Tornak, Grimnak, Nerak, Isamu)
10. Royaldoy (2 wins, 3 losses, 6 points) (Braxas, Raelin, 4th mass line x2, deathreavers, isamu, marcu)
11. Glenn (2 wins, 3 losses, -227 points) (Deathreavers x4, cyprien, sonya, iska, rechets, marcu)
12. Soberman (2 wins, 3 losses, -464 points) (Nilfiem, Rechets of Bogardan, Iskra Esenwein, Cyprien, Marcu, Sonya)
13. Jenn (2 wins, 3 losses, -676 points) (Raelin, Agent Carr, Krav Maga Agents, Major X17, Deathreavers, blastatrons)
14. Jake (1 win, 4 losses, -653 points) (Zombies x 4, su-bak-na, shades of bleakewood)
15. Hunter (1 win, 4 losses, -784 points) (Heavy gruts, arrow gruts, grimnak, me-burq-sa, Krug, Ornak)
16. Robby (0 wins, 5 losses, -976 points) (Sgt Drake, Syvarris, Charos, 4th mass line)
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Unfortunately as you already know I cannot make this one though I would really like to. You will like running the tournament, it really isnt bad. Those sheets make it pretty streamlined unless you try and do something abnormal like special rules or something. Good luck everyone.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM

KalisLord is surprisingly tart
Bah once again another tournament I can't make. Stupid parents deciding that we should start having a reunion this year.

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalisLord
Bah once again another tournament I can't make. Stupid parents deciding that we should start having a reunion this year.
Sorry. Hopefully sometime we'll have one you can make. We seem to have one every month. I am trying to get a small tournament in quick notice this month. An all-melee tournament a little closer to home. When I find out some more stuff I'll post it up
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
I can provide the usual 3 tables as well as endless amounts of terrain. I'll show up the Friday before to help set up. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me. I'll give you a list of people that can make it to this tourny also, this weekend.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy
I can provide the usual 3 tables as well as endless amounts of terrain. I'll show up the Friday before to help set up. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me. I'll give you a list of people that can make it to this tourny also, this weekend.
Sounds good to me. Do I have to bring any terrain or anything else? For that Friday night I was gonna bring those heroscape quest cards so that we could have some fun playing with those if we wanted to. Keep me updated!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:40 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy
Sounds good to me. Do I have to bring any terrain or anything else? For that Friday night I was gonna bring those heroscape quest cards so that we could have some fun playing with those if we wanted to. Keep me updated!
For the tourny or Friday night with the quest cards? You shouldn't need any terrain unless the tourny gets more than maybe 28 people, and even then I can just make smaller boards??? The store has 4 sets of terrain and I have.....you don't want to know, it's alot.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM

Starflyer Woo who?
I'll probably be there too. I can bring the prize table again.

-Joseph

Life isn't symmetrical
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:05 PM

I meant the quests for friday night play games before the tournament fun time
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Ummm what Qualifies as a prize? i dont have that much money...
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak
Ummm what Qualifies as a prize? i dont have that much money...
anything really. I mean we've had heroscape master sets to boosters, to a ccg pack of cards, to an eminem figure, to a box of milk duds. Anything really. Recently dvds have become popular for some reason.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events