Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting?

Or, Kickstarter Games that need help.

Or, more accurately, Kickstarter Games that I have pledged to and I won't get unless the funding goal is reached, so please help me get these games because I'm greedy. (But that wouldn't fit in the subject line... )

Also a good place for any Kickstarter projects that you think someone here would find cool.

Monolith (
)
Needs $1,605 in five days.

This was originally known as Order Of Professional Sorcerers (OOPS), but it didn't meet the goal then. They have redesigned it and now it looks and feels much nicer, has gotten much more pledges than last time, but still needs a push. Looks like a different take on dice and cards in a game.

Also, as I posted in the "Is there an app for that?" thread a few minutes ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
This isn't an app...yet, but Alien Frontiers for iPad has a Kickstarter project going that is rapidly running out if time (5 days to go as of today) and hasn't yet reached the funding level ($6,327 left to raise). Yes, if the KS doesn't go through the app will still come out, but at a much later date. (I'm already a beta tester for the app, and even in the form it is now, it's pretty cool.) Just throwing this out there...

There is also a way to get new sets of pink and/or gray pieces to add to the physical game for $5/color, either by themselves or in addition to any other pledge level.

Yeah, I want this done sooner than later...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; November 15th, 2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Plus, I figure we could all use this thread to post new games that we find on KS rather than make new threads for each one...
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM

MegaBunnySuicide Woo who?
Re: Kickstarter: What games are you currently Kickstarting?

Monolith looks like an amazing game. Thanks for putting that on here or I wouldn't have seen it in time to add my pledge to it.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I mentioned this too in another thread, but the expansion(s) for Flash Point: Fire Rescue (KS link) are also on my pledge list. These expansions were well past the "funded" level a few hours after it started.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17

Last edited by Jim; July 14th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I checked out Monolith, and it looks like a very promising game. I backed it... thanks for making me dig in to the details and finding an interesting game. Admittedly, I overlooked it originally because of its unappealing box cover.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Nothing active at the Moment, though I am thinking about Pixel Lincoln (though that is funded right now).

Monolith, isn't doing it for me. I think I need to see more game play examples.

-insert signature here-
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Nothing active at the Moment, though I am thinking about Pixel Lincoln (though that is funded right now).

Monolith, isn't doing it for me. I think I need to see more game play examples.
Pixel Lincoln does look fantastic too. I love the charm that game oozes.

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Monokidnatic

UPDATES:
Monolith: Funded. (Four stretch goals acheived, 24 hours to go)
Alien Frontiers iPad: Funded. (24 hours to go)

Scaper of the Week #17

Last edited by Jim; July 14th, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Time remaining as of the posting time...
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just backed Viticulture. Now I'm watching the countdown for Story Realms. If it hits $75k I think I'll jump on it. I'm worried how much play it will actually see, but I'm also very drawn to all the potential in this game (and all the stuff!)
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Just backed Viticulture. Now I'm watching the countdown for Story Realms. If it hits $75k I think I'll jump on it. I'm worried how much play it will actually see, but I'm also very drawn to all the potential in this game (and all the stuff!)
This one looked interesting, but I figured since I had Vinhos, it didn't make much sense to grab this one. A game that recently ended with successful funding that I'm interested to receive is City of Iron. What do you think about that one?

Old October 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post

This one looked interesting, but I figured since I had Vinhos, it didn't make much sense to grab this one. A game that recently ended with successful funding that I'm interested to receive is City of Iron. What do you think about that one?

I thought about backing City of Iron as it looks pretty cool. I only held off because I've spent a bit on stuff lately and need a break to get my game funds back up, as well as give me time to play the new games I have. I got a bunch of Star Wars X-Wing recently, as well as adding another $120 worth of stuff to my Sergeants Miniatures Game collection. I pre-ordered Mice and Mystics (which will start shipping out on October 8th) and have Police Precinct from KS hopefully coming later in the month or so, and I just got an email that the 2nd Story expansion for Flash Point has shipped.

So while I am very interested in City of Iron, I will wait until it comes out and by then should be in better shape to order it. I look forward to hearing about it Matt since you will get it earlier with KS.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

I thought about backing City of Iron as it looks pretty cool. I only held off because I've spent a bit on stuff lately and need a break to get my game funds back up, as well as give me time to play the new games I have. I got a bunch of Star Wars X-Wing recently, as well as adding another $120 worth of stuff to my Sergeants Miniatures Game collection. I pre-ordered Mice and Mystics (which will start shipping out on October 8th) and have Police Precinct from KS hopefully coming later in the month or so, and I just got an email that the 2nd Story expansion for Flash Point has shipped.

So while I am very interested in City of Iron, I will wait until it comes out and by then should be in better shape to order it. I look forward to hearing about it Matt since you will get it earlier with KS.
City of Iron has a ways to go with regard to its release date. I am more likely to receive other KS projects before that one. I actually should be receiving a few toward the tail end of the year. I too received an email regarding Fire Rescue. I also look forward to receiving Police Precinct as well. Coming from a family of numerous law enforcement members and trying to earn a degree in criminal justice as well piques my interest to want to play it for its theme.

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
City of Iron has a ways to go with regard to its release date. I am more likely to receive other KS projects before that one. I actually should be receiving a few toward the tail end of the year. I too received an email regarding Fire Rescue. I also look forward to receiving Police Precinct as well. Coming from a family of numerous law enforcement members and trying to earn a degree in criminal justice as well piques my interest to want to play it for its theme.
Well heck, Police Precinct looks to be right up your alley Matt.

From the updates on BGG, it looks like they are getting things moving somewhat toward the manufacturing of the game. I'm not holding my breath that it will be shipping this month, but maybe next month.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games