Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 20th, 2013, 08:28 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: MLB

Oswalt's back! Still my favorite pitcher, even if he was never a Twin. At the time of posting this, his line reads
4.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
And against a good Nationals lineup, I'd say that's pretty good for your first Major League game pitched in how long?
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:39 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Oswalt's back! Still my favorite pitcher, even if he was never a Twin. At the time of posting this, his line reads
4.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
And against a good Nationals lineup, I'd say that's pretty good for your first Major League game pitched in how long?
4 batters into the 5th inning, I stand corrected. Though he did pick up k #10, he gave up 3 hits and 2 runs before even getting a second out.
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Well, fourth post in a row...I'm probably the only one still active in this thread anymore, but I'm going to keep musing to the public about my thoughts on Twins Baseball. I had someone at work today tell me that they think Ron Gardenhire does an excellent job as manager. I said I disagreed because, while Gardy does have a winning record as manager, 955-879, his playoff record is an abysmal 6-21. This gentleman then proceeds to tell me that playoff records aren't important. What?

Tom Kelly, Twins manager before Gardy, was a career 1140-1244 as manager. In case you weren't paying attention, that's a losing record, and worse than Gardy's per win percentage. His playoff record is 16-8. TK appeared in two playoffs, 1987 and 1991, both world series wins. Gardy has been to the playoffs five times, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010. The Twins have not been to the ALCS since 2003. Now, call me crazy, you already do, but wouldn't everyone pick TK as the better manager?

Sure, you can say that TK had better players to work with, or whatever, but honestly, that's not entirely sure. Each of the two had good players, and both definitely know baseball. The problem here is that Gardy either likes a guy or doesn't, and he plays that guy, even if he's not the best option (Just an example, Nick Punto was fantastic on defense, and a bit lackluster at the plate (.248 career), whereas Alexi Casilla was a defensive liability and the same at the plate (.249), but Casilla played more often than Punto). You can also say that it's better to reach the playoffs more consistently, but personally, I would so much rather have a World Series than a team that makes, but never wins, the play offs.

Just a couple thoughts from a hardluck fan.
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:21 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Been a long time since anyone posted here.

Red Sox are close to clinching the division and best record in MLB. Hard to believe after the disaster that was last year.

I'm very excited about their post-season prospects. They have a rotation that seems to be getting stronger as the year goes on. Lester has been terrific and Peavy has been a solid acquisition. A Lester, Buch, Lackey, Peavy rotation should be solid for the playoffs. The bullpen has been solid and Koji has been lights out.

Offense is still the best in baseball and just keeps hitting.

Really looking forward to playoff baseball again!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 15th, 2013, 11:06 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep, time to resurrect the thread!

My thoughts:

AL East
Moderately surprised about the BoSox. I thought they'd be good, but just miss the playoffs. I think they can play with anybody right now. Was never a Blue Jays believer- cobbling together players from two bad teams is rarely a recipe for success.

AL Central
Tigers will be tough.
Cleveland's been better than I expected. Didn't expect the Royals to make the playoffs, but it would have been a good story.

AL West
Would like to see the poor A's finally get over the hump.
Wonder if the Angels finally understand the value of pitching?

NL East
The Braves can beat anybody in baseball or lose to anybody in baseball on any given day. They need Heyward back healthy and hitting, J Upton to be on one of his hot streaks, and no more injuries to the pitching staff.
Wonder if the Nats regret holding Strasbourg back last year? One great year doesn't guarantee future playoff appearances.

NL Central
Pirates are a great story!

NL West
I hate the Dodgers (aka Yankees West), but I think they're the front-runner for the series.

At the moment, I'm predicting BoSox vs Dodgers.
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Tigers vs. Pirates

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:00 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

The Bucs have always been my NL team, not that I really pay any attention to them, and I was actually rooting for the Braves and Sid Bream during the NLCS, so I'm not sure how the Pirates rose the top of my NL list. Maybe it was Dave Parker.

Anyway, I'll never pick my poison so I won't say I'd like to see Red Sox/Pirates and repeat the first World Series ever (which the Sox won by the way) from 1903. Nope, I won't say it. But if my Sox aren't there I would love to see a KC/PIT World Series (though a lot whold have to go right for the Royals at this point).

-insert signature here-
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm Hoping...

Since the Dbacks seem to be falling out of it, I want to see TB/PIT in the series because I would love to have the two teams that were for so long the laughingstocks of their respective leagues go at it.

~Dysole, not 100% sure who he'd be rooting for in that series
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:13 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Eh, it's been a while since TB was a laughing stock. They did face the Phillies in the 08 series.

-insert signature here-
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Eh, it's been a while since TB was a laughing stock. They did face the Phillies in the 08 series.
Yeah but they're the closest the AL has in contention at the moment (maybe the Royals or the Indians who I wouldn't mind either). Anyways, I've wanted TB to win a World Series for some time.

~Dysole, rooting for the underdog
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As a Cali bay area transplant to Nashville, it'd be fun to see the A's and Braves square off. Truth is, I only generally watch playoff baseball anyway so it's hard to call myself much of a fan.

~Aldin, who has to admit he's intrigued by the possibility of a rematch of the 1st World Series

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
~Dysole, rooting for the underdog
<cough>The Rays were the AL East favorite this year.<cough>

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV