Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Mammoth

The Book of Mammoth

C3G DC WAVE 31
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teen Titans set.
Its model number and name are #011 / Mammoth.

Character Bio - Baran first appeared as one of the founding members of the Fearsome Five. As a member of the Fearsom Five, he became an enemy of the Teen Titans, Superman, and the Outsiders. He is highly devoted to his sister Selinda (a.k.a. Shimmer), also a founding member of the Fearsome Five. A towering hulk of a man with immense physical strength and durability, Mammoth is intellectually and emotionally underdeveloped (so much so that he was once tricked into surrendering to a Superman whose powers had recently been lost thanks to Lex Luthor's use of red kryptonite thanks to Superman simply faking confidence that he could defeat Mammoth), and he lacks skill as a hand-to-hand combatant.

Mammoth at one point retired to a Tibetan monastery along with his sister, although they were shortly thereafter discovered by Psimon (himself a former member of the Fearsome Five). Psimon used his mental abilities to subdue Mammoth and turn Shimmer into glass, which he then proceeded to shatter in an act of vengeance. His former Fearsome Five ally, Gizmo, manipulated Mammoth into working with him. Gizmo accomplished this by convincing Mammoth, who was unable to comprehend his sister's death, that they were looking for his sister.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Mammoth must defend against attacks in place of Shimmer, due to his Brotherly Duty special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Mammoth interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: japes
  • Second playtest: japes (With Shimmer)
  • Third playtest: Ronin
  • Fourth playtest: Arkham
    ***Design Changed to 3 Attack***
  • Fifth playtest: IamBatman
  • Sixth playtest: Gutudak
    ***Changing Shimmer's Directing the Rage to roll one additional die for each Blank Mammoth rolls instead of canceling the Blank***
  • Seventh playtest: Ronin
  • Eighth playtest: fret_gurglo
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:33 PM. Reason: png
Old November 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Mammoth

NAME = MAMMOTH
SECRET IDENTITY = BARAN FLINDERS

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = BRUTE
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 210

UNCONTROLLED RAGE
When attacking with Mammoth, if you do not roll a blank, all skulls rolled count as one additional hit.

BROTHERLY DUTY
If you control Shimmer within 5 spaces of Mammoth and she would defend against a normal attack, instead Mammoth must move adjacent to Shimmer if possible. If he does, Mammoth must defend against the attack and take any resulting wounds instead of Shimmer. When Mammoth uses Brotherly Duty, he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

WEAK-MINDED 4
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Mammoth, that player may add 4 to the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; September 21st, 2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:03 PM
A Man of Taste

Re: The Book of Mammoth (Breathing Period)

Art
Comic
Spoiler Alert!

Background
Spoiler Alert!

Here is the Bio I am working off of...

Mammoth first appeared as one of the founding members of the Fearsome Five, and became an enemy of the Teen Titans, Superman, and the Outsiders. He is highly devoted to his sister Selinda (a.k.a. Shimmer), also a founding member of the Fearsome Five. A towering hulk of a man with immense physical strength and durability, Mammoth is intellectually and emotionally underdeveloped (so much so that he was once tricked into surrendering to a Superman whose powers had recently been lost thanks to Lex Luthor's use of Mister Mxyzptlk's red kryptonite), and he lacks skill as a hand-to-hand combatant.

His main power, Super Human Rage, is based off of the bolded portions. He's the kind of guy who misses often but when he hits it's usually a big one. Therefore I tried to create a power that has the potential to hit hard but not always.

If this doesn't play out in the long run I have a backup plan of giving him a higher attack (6 or so) but having a blank either cause him to whiff or maybe each blank subtracts 2 skulls.

His sister has a power that allows him to subtract 1 blank from his attack roll due to her ability to keep him focused and not as out of control.

I riff off of heroic duty here for his protection power. It's more thematic for him to risk the LEA attack to go blindly protect her and means as an opponent you can exploit that and try to get a free LEA to bypass his defense.
@Karat @IAmBatman @Viegon @TrollBrute @SirGalahad @johnny139

Last edited by japes; March 13th, 2016 at 02:28 AM.
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Really, really love Super Human Rage (though I feel like the name could use a tweak). Super elegant, plays fun, expresses the theme perfectly, so on, so forth. Weak-Minded is an equally good choice for him.

Brotherly Duty dips into space that I think we use a bit too often (moving to intercept attacks) - swapping it for a Daring Decoy/Vigilante Protection power is the first thing to come to mind for me. But the other powers are simple enough that it's not really an issue if we're set on it.
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like him! The deadly strike mechanic will have to be watched really carefully. I worry a bit about its potential, but adding more dice to it will potentially make it weaker rather than stronger, so I'm hopeful that has a real balancing effect. Great theme and should be interesting either way!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 5th, 2015, 11:24 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Really, really love Super Human Rage (though I feel like the name could use a tweak). Super elegant, plays fun, expresses the theme perfectly, so on, so forth. Weak-Minded is an equally good choice for him.

Brotherly Duty dips into space that I think we use a bit too often (moving to intercept attacks) - swapping it for a Daring Decoy/Vigilante Protection power is the first thing to come to mind for me. But the other powers are simple enough that it's not really an issue if we're set on it.
Thanks guys. My original working name was Swinging for the Fences but that was more when I went with the strike out option version, but with that version the higher the attack number the greater the chance to roll a blank and miss but lowering the attack made him seem puny so I changed to this version.

Old November 6th, 2015, 01:11 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mathfinder

Okay, let's pick apart this power.

You roll a blank 1/6 of the time per die. So the odds that you don't roll a blank is (5/6)^d where d = # of dice thrown.

Silly wrong math in the spoiler if you care
Spoiler Alert!

As you know I'd love to pair with Vertigo so if you roll blanks you still get something. (Starlord is also good)

However, what I did is an oversimplification (which I realized after I did all the work. Yay) because I'm assuming I roll the expected number of shields regardless of the number of blanks. The probability of rolling a skull on a given die is 50%. The probability of rolling s skulls given d dice is (1/2)^d*dCs (combination or how many ways can I pull s elements from a set of d elements and I don't care what order they are in). So next let's figure out the odds we don't roll a blank given that we roll s skulls. That'll be (2/3)^(d-s). So given that you roll s skulls, you can expect it to count as (1/2)^d*dCs*(2/3)^(d-s).

I'm not going to create another table but you actually end up with an expected skull value of ~3.16 skulls with his base attack (instead of 2), with a +1 bonus he gets ~3.71 skulls (instead of 2.5), and with a +2 bonus he gets ~4.21 (instead of 3) skulls. So it's more like 2 and some fraction dice bonus. Nothing broken but I just wanted to share how bonuses affect him and I would not be surprised to see that again 5 and 6 dice give you the most bang for your buck since it looks like it's starting to trend back down.

~Dysole, who finds it hilarious that if you attack someone from height there is no way they will be defending against exactly 5 skulls

Last edited by Dysole; November 6th, 2015 at 04:58 AM.
Old November 6th, 2015, 01:38 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Your math is wrong. Blanks and skulls are not independent events.
Old November 6th, 2015, 01:50 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes

I really should delete the incorrect table. My correct math is later down.

~Dysole, lazily
Old November 6th, 2015, 09:03 AM
A Man of Taste

My original thought was that bonus's would actually hurt him due to the increased odds of rolling a blank. It's early and I'm still fighting a fever but I'm not sure if I understand your evaluation. Are you saying the power is good or that it's needs to be adjusted? Also how does it look once you take his sister's power into consideration. She allows him to ignore one blank.

Old November 6th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looking like he'll have about the equivalent of 6 attack with his average base attack and that will look more like 8 or 9 base attack when boosted by 2 attack dice. Adding three or more attack dice would have it start trending back down.

All of which seems fine and thematic to me.

I could see the Shimmer power being worrisome, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 6th, 2015, 09:26 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looking like he'll have about the equivalent of 6 attack with his average base attack and that will look more like 8 or 9 base attack when boosted by 2 attack dice. Adding three or more attack dice would have it start trending back down.

All of which seems fine and thematic to me.

I could see the Shimmer power being worrisome, though.
It will be tricky which is why I gave him the negative aspect of his protection power when she's in play. If he is ok then we can worry about Shimmer when it's her turn. Whatever impact she has will come at a cost for her card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library