Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old March 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM

SuperEsenwein Woo who?
450 Point Army?

I'm probably going to a tournament in Connecticut soon, with 450 point armies.I can't decide on what my army will be, so I'm throwing it out there. Got any ideas?

Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
Old March 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
450 point army:
Raelin (80)
Krav Maga Agents (100)
2x Minions of Utgar (220)
Marro Warriors (50)
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here is my army!
3x Marrden Hounds-270
Major Q9-180

But I was also going to go with this

3x Gorillinators-270
Major Q9-180
That is just a fun one I wanted to try!

Then there is this one!
Nilfheim -185
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan -65
2x Microcorp Agents -200

Or this one. I am not sure about the staying power of this one but it is a fun one to play.
3x 4th Mass Line-210
2x Templar Cavalry-240

Last but not least!

2xMacDirk warriors-160
Alastair MacDirk-110
Major Q9-180
Thoughs are all 450 points.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
If you had more Minutemen, 4x 4th mass and SOTM Drake would be a great army to take to your first tourney. Some sort of 3 R's (Raelin, ranged, and 'reavers) could probably work well too, even with uniques.

Something like:
2x Deathreavers 80
Raelin 160
Krav 260
Nakitas 380
Marro Warriors 430
Isamu or Marcu if you've got them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
If you had more Minutemen, 4x 4th mass and SOTM Drake would be a great army to take to your first tourney. Some sort of 3 R's (Raelin, ranged, and 'reavers) could probably work well too, even with uniques.
Yes that would be a good army but I have a feeling their are going to be a lot of newbies to Tournament play there,which normally means Q9's galore.
I think you would need more staying power than just Drake,like Revdyer's army with 2x Sentinals. The sentinals can last a long time while you get your 4th Mass in place, If Drake dies, the 4th Mass will die quickly if they aren't in place. In a match against that army I would hit drake as much as possible during the first round so the 4th mass don't have time to get ready.

Could you list the sets I know they are in your Sig but I can't figure out what
SaO and Aak are.

Old March 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Here is my army!
3x Marrden Hounds-270
Major Q9-180

3x Gorillinators-270
Major Q9-180

Then there is this one!
Nilfheim -185
2x Microcorp Agents -200

Or this one. I am not sure about the staying power of this one but it is a fun one to play.
3x 4th Mass Line-210
2x Templar Cavalry-240

Last but not least!

2xMacDirk warriors-160
Alastair MacDirk-110
Major Q9-180
You seem quite undecided Shades fan.

Quote:
4x 4th mass and SOTM Drake would be a great army
That was my main idea!

SuperEsenwein has also been heavily considering knight armies with 3x Knights and Sir Gilbert.

Another idea is:
3x Gladiatrons 240
2x Blastatrons 360
Warden 816 450
Old March 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12
Quote:
Here is my army!
3x Marrden Hounds-270
Major Q9-180

3x Gorillinators-270
Major Q9-180

Then there is this one!
Nilfheim -185
2x Microcorp Agents -200

3x 4th Mass Line-210
2x Templar Cavalry-240

Last but not least!

2xMacDirk warriors-160
Alastair MacDirk-110
Major Q9-180
You seem quite undecided Shades fan.

Quote:
4x 4th mass and SOTM Drake would be a great army
That was my main idea!

SuperEsenwein has also been heavily considering knight armies with 3x Knights and Sir Gilbert.
No I am positive I am bringing
Q9-180
3x Marrden Hounds-270
I don't care if it does well or not,I plan on playing it my best,if it wins it wins if it loses it loses. I don't care about prizes or anything like that,I just care about how my competitive army will do. Thoughs' were just what I was going to bring before I decided on this army. I think you may be afraid of my army! That is why you haven't posted your army isn't it? Now at GenCon it is a diffrent story. I am playtesting my really competitive armies already.

The problem with the knights army is it will do poor with out decent range. and if your army is 310 points of melee out of 450 you're in trouble. With only one human champion it isn't useing the knights to there best either in my opinion.

Old March 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM

SuperEsenwein Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Yes that would be a good army but I have a feeling their are going to be a lot of newbies to Tournament play there,which normally means Q9's galore.
I think you would need more staying power than just Drake,like Revdyer's army with 2x Sentinals. The sentinals can last a long time while you get your 4th Mass in place, If Drake dies, the 4th Mass will die quickly if they aren't in place. In a match against that army I would hit drake as much as possible during the first round so the 4th mass don't have time to get ready.

Could you list the sets I know they are in your Sig but I can't figure out what
SaO and Aak are.
Yeah, I was too lazy to write them out. SaO=Shades and Orcs, and AaK= Archers and Kyrie. I'll probably change my sig to have them written out.

Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Quote:
The problem with the knights army is it will do poor with out decent range. and if your army is 310 points of melee out of 450 you're in trouble. With only one human champion it isn't useing the knights to there best either in my opinion.
I disagree. I think the knight with Gilbert can do quite well with average dispatch rolls. If the move + 2 is in your tournament glyph pool, than the knights become even more dangerous. You still have 135 points left for range. How about Krav + Eldgrim. After Eldgrim dies the Krav now have 7 move and 7 range.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart
On national heroscape day I had a 440 point army in a tournament and I came in seventh place with it. Here it is:

Laglor
Sgt. Drake Alexander (rotv)
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I would play 4x 4th Mass and Drake, but I'll throw a few more in:

Grimnak - 120
Nerak - 50
Heavy Gruts x4 - 280

Total = 450

Runa - 120
Minions x2 - 220
AE - 110

Total = 450

Krug - 120
Mimring - 150
Arrow Gruts x3 - 120
Swog Rider x2 - 50
Isamu - 10

Total = 450

Kaemon Awa - 120
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Raelin - 80
Guilty McCreech - 30
Rats x3 - 120

Total = 450

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
Krug - 120
Mimring - 150
Arrow Gruts x3 - 120
Swog Rider x2 - 50
Isamu - 10
Total = 450
I'd feel pretty uneasy with that few Swogs and Mimring. My army would feel flimsy.

I'd prefer:

Krug 120
Raelin 200
4x Arrow Gruts 360
3x Swog Rider 435
Isamu 445
or
Krug 120
Raelin II 240
3x Arrow Gruts 360
3x Swog Rider 435
Isamu
or
Krug 120
Raelin 200
5x Swog Rider 325
3x Arrow Gruts 445

Most likely the first one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion