Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

View Poll Results: Kozuke vs Ninjas
Kozuke 4 33.33%
Ninjas 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Δ+ Unit Debate #2 - Kozuke vs Ninjas

Well met!

Here is the poll!

The Kozuke Samurai and the Ninjas of the Northern Wind are two of my favorite squads in the game - and are both 95 points in Δ+ [100 and 110 in Classic, respectively].

As per Mega's Debate format, evaluate for the following:

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl

Last edited by kolakoski; March 9th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Δ+ Unit Debate #2 - Kozuke vs Ninjas

Stats + Specials. Samarui on this. They have higher attack, and move with their special. The Ninjas specials are better, but their main one relies on luck, which can be very bad.

Playability. Samarui. Their move + attack means they can move incredibly fast and smash whatever they hit.

Overall Usefullness: Samarui. The Ninjas are great, but they fill a niche.

Head to Head. Samuria. Their greater attack and the ability I counter strike wins it for them.

Army Builds. This one, I believe is a tie. They fill such a different niche. The Samarui are the ultimate cruise missile. With 9 move and 5 attack, you load them up with a couple order markers and you can seriously put the hurt on whoever you aim them at. The Ninjas are a different story. With their Ghost Walk and Disengage, they can move straight at their target, then fade away once they've killed it. Perfect for Assassins Creed.

Best Stratigic Use. Ninjas. When it comes to strategy, the Samarias is obvious. SMASH. Not much strategy there. So if we're looking a strategy, Ninjas with their wonder combo of Ghost Walk and Disengage.

Dungeon Crawl. Ninjas. With their 50/50 Survivability, they have a better chance of completing the long and arduous Crawl.

Winner: Samurai
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

I'm going to vote for the one I own...
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

My comments in Red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

The Kozuke Samurai and the Ninjas of the Northern Wind are two of my favorite squads in the game . . .Stats/Special Powers - Kozuke have 1 less normal Move, 1 more Attack. Charging Assault and Counterstrike for the Kozuke versus Ghost Walk/Disengage and Disappearing Ninja for the NotNW.

Playability and Overall Usefulness - Comparable, in an apples (the Kozuke's pure offense) and oranges (the Ninjas' assassination/infiltration) sort of way. Charging Assault gives the Kozuke a greater threat range unless screened out, in which case it's trumped byGhost Walk/Disengage. Counterstrike and Disappearing Ninja are similarly comparable.

Who Would Win Head-To-Head - Whoever strikes first! Again, Charging Assault gives the Kozuke a greater threat range unless screened out, in which case it's trumped by Ghost Walk/Disengage.

Army Builds - Comparable, again in that apples and oranges sort of way, based on the situation.

Best Strategic Use - Comparable, again in that apples and oranges sort of way, based on the situation.

Best in Dungeon Crawl - Charging Assault gives the Kozuke a greater threat range unless screened out, in which case it's trumped by Ghost Walk/Disengage. However, as Dungeon Crawls are generally hero-heavy, the Kozuke are probably the best choice here.
Overall, then, based on the likely presence of a screen (and/or Raelin) in a reasonably skilled opponent's army, and in spite of the many apocryphal tales of non-Disappearing Ninjas, I give the (razor-sharp Katana's) edge to the Ninjas of the Northern Wind.

P.S.: Voting just now, I was surprised to discover that, in spite of those actually commenting being overwhelmingly Kozuke supporters, the Poll (including my vote for the Ninjas) stands at 4-2 - in the Ninjas favor!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions