Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 29th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A double sided base map with grass on one side and sand on the other would be cool. Or two and the other is stone and water.
Yes!!! I really thought Arena of the Planeswalkers did a couple of things that I viewed as upgrades to the HeroScape system and the printed base level was definitely one of them. I think Age of Annihilation would have gotten away with double sided maps if they were big enough and it would have been a) new and b) cheaper.
I didn't care much for the way AotP mixed land (game height 1) and non-land (game height 0, water) on the same flat (physical height 0) cardboard surface. It felt weird. I would prefer it to be all non-land (like water) or all land, not both.
Old October 29th, 2022, 01:54 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I love base tiles from AOTP. I bought a few copies of each cheaply just to get those. Huge space savings plus it saves a bunch of time with putting together a map. I use it now quite a bit and would love for the map makers to incorporate them. Someone suggested doing a water lexan mat, I think this would be a perfect way to reuse the AOTP base tiles to do a large section of water. Maybe snow or lava field would be cool too.
Old October 29th, 2022, 02:07 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
A double sided base map with grass on one side and sand on the other would be cool. Or two and the other is stone and water.
Yes!!! I really thought Arena of the Planeswalkers did a couple of things that I viewed as upgrades to the HeroScape system and the printed base level was definitely one of them. I think Age of Annihilation would have gotten away with double sided maps if they were big enough and it would have been a) new and b) cheaper.
I didn't care much for the way AotP mixed land (game height 1) and non-land (game height 0, water) on the same flat (physical height 0) cardboard surface. It felt weird. I would prefer it to be all non-land (like water) or all land, not both.
Thats exactly how I felt about it, I want it to be all 1 terrain type
Old October 29th, 2022, 02:22 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On the Revna/ Valkrill situation I might try to re-format the VC Valkrill over to Revna if this funds. We'll see. At least for the trading card format that I use
Old October 29th, 2022, 02:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If this funds and production continues afterwards, I fully expect we will see more Valkrill.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 29th, 2022, 02:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
On the Revna/ Valkrill situation I might try to re-format the VC Valkrill over to Revna if this funds. We'll see. At least for the trading card format that I use
But what do you do with the cards that have powers “who follow Valkrill?” Can’t just simply change that to Revna and assume balance.

-insert signature here-
Old October 29th, 2022, 02:53 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
But what do you do with the cards that have powers “who follow Valkrill?” Can’t just simply change that to Revna and assume balance.
We'll see what the new release includes power wise, but that's definitely a valid concern. That said, there's no way to assume VC will be balanced with AoA anyways so I'm not super concerned. But I'd wait to see what the powers are in AoA before doing something like that
Old October 29th, 2022, 03:15 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I love base tiles from AOTP. I bought a few copies of each cheaply just to get those. Huge space savings plus it saves a bunch of time with putting together a map. I use it now quite a bit and would love for the map makers to incorporate them. Someone suggested doing a water lexan mat, I think this would be a perfect way to reuse the AOTP base tiles to do a large section of water. Maybe snow or lava field would be cool too.
I would have been nice if the cardboard maps had a bit of an indent in the hex outlines so plastic tiles could at least partially lock into place a bit.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 29th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I think the two work against each other quite well from battle videos I've seen. I feel having one powerful Planeswalker full of spell cards and summoned units made of fire, water, earth, stone/bone and shadow/oil against a whole Heroscape army really brought the Hero into heroscape. I mean, there's always going to be a few overpowered/underpowered exceptions in any expandable game system, but for the most part it seems like a good fit to just play them into each other with their own specific game turn rules being used for each.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 29th, 2022, 03:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
I would have been nice if the cardboard maps had a bit of an indent in the hex outlines so plastic tiles could at least partially lock into place a bit.

Not sure how difficult and/or more expensive that would be, but it would be a pretty nice feature.
Old October 29th, 2022, 03:32 PM
Upset City Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:

Not sure how difficult and/or more expensive that would be, but it would be a pretty nice feature.
Wonder how long it would take to grab a single hex and just press hard into each cardboard hex outline, like you're making cookies with a cookie cutter, but just not pressing all the way through.

I got it!!! Use 7 shape terrain tiles as cookie cutters and start having bake sales to raise money to put into more AoA sets. We can do this gang!!!!!! Gingerbread battlefields you can just eat instead of having to put them away. Find a gaming/baking YouTube channel, quick. Lol.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 29th, 2022, 03:36 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm hoping this funds because I really like the two exclusive digures they revealed, especially since we're getting a new hivelord

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion