Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old September 24th, 2021, 05:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Hank Henshaw

Thanks, glad you like him. Designing a card for him reminded me how much ridiculous alliteration there is in Superman's cast of characters, what with Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris and a bunch of others.

Old August 24th, 2022, 07:12 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs

Made a revision to an old card of mine, Beast Boy:

My old version of the character squeezed all three versions onto one card because having three cards for a single unique hero seemed too out-of-the-box to me back then. It was a compromise I was never fully happy with because having three pictures and three hitzones on a unique hero's card was out-of-the-box in its own way. Since my goal with all of my customs, particularly my superhero customs, is to try to design them the way I think Hasbro might have if Marvelscape had continued, I decided separating Beast Boy's different forms into their own cards was actually the more orthodox solution.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; September 1st, 2022 at 08:38 PM.
Old August 24th, 2022, 10:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nice! I am looking at doing something similar when I start adapting my Unmatched minis for Heroscape.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 25th, 2022, 08:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Where's you get that cool T-Rex mini? Hope you'll bring it over here to The Game Palace some time!
Old August 25th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice, but you need to add the dolphin form.
Old August 25th, 2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Nice! I am looking at doing something similar when I start adapting my Unmatched minis for Heroscape.
I'm not familiar with that IP, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Where's you get that cool T-Rex mini? Hope you'll bring it over here to The Game Palace some time!
I stumbled upon a really good deal on that Beast Boy T-Rex mini at a site for a hobby store called Pop's Culture Shoppe. I had wanted the mini way back when I first designed my original version of Beast Boy, but it was, and still is, usually pretty pricey at $10-12. Pop's had it for $3.99, so I jumped on it. Buying the mini was actually the impetus for me revising the card, which I might not have done otherwise. I justified the purchase by telling myself the mini could also double as a terrain piece on my Batcave map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice, but you need to add the dolphin form.
Thanks, but I think I'll pass on the dolphin. Three minis for a single character is more than enough for me.
Old August 25th, 2022, 06:52 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm not familiar with that IP, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
It is Restoration Games (Rob Daviau's new company) spin on Star Wars: Epic Duels, which was one of the predecessors to Heroscape from CVN, Rob, and co. at Hasbro. Unmatched has folklore characters (Robin Hood, Bigfoot, Little Red Riding Hood, Beowulf), licensed characters (MarveL: Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, etc. Jurassic Park: Ingen, Raptors, etc.), characters from fiction (Sherlock Holmes, Jekyll and Hyde, Invisible Man...) and even an interpretation of a real person (Bruce Lee). It feels very Heroscape-adjacent (though it is much simpler and faster, with no army-building component or dice). I recommend it as a nice warmup/cooldown game, or for when you want to play a skirmish but you only have half an hour.

The minis are a great scale for Heroscape and, while unpainted, have a very nice wash over them so they look quite nice. I'm planning to interpret the Unmatched designs (along with some of my own interpretations of the source material where appropriate) in the future. Right now I'm just working through Star Wars characters. Would love your feedback if you ever want to stop by my thread.

--

More on-topic, why might someone decide to use Beast Boy rather than the T-Rex? It seems like you'd want to start in Bird form, get into position, and then switch to T-Rex form. I'm not sure why you'd switch into Beast Boy form after that--sure, you could do it because the card has 3-4 wounds on it and you'd like to benefit from Team Player, but putting an OM on Beast Boy just to switch him into Beast Boy form and make a single attack of 2 and get Team Player seems risky.

--
--
--

--
Old August 25th, 2022, 07:05 PM

Nice, Unmatched sounds like a game I'd like if Heroscape didn't already fulfill my "cross-genre mishmash battle game" needs. Does it really count as a Restoration game, though? I thought they were all about updating old favorites while keeping the name intact. (I've only played two games from them, Downforce and Dark Tower, and I liked them both a lot. I bought a friend a copy of Fireball Island to play with his kids, but I haven't tried it myself.)

As for Beast Boy, yeah, one would probably stick to the animal forms in most situations, but I don't mind because if your whole schtick as a superhero is changing into animals, why would you ever fight in your normal form anyway? My old version didn't even have any powers in human form, so this revision actually has more incentive to use the human mini than the old one did. Maybe a risky play where he engages an opponent as a human at the end of a round, hoping for an initiative switch so that he can blast the opponent with Omnicron Snipers rolling three dice each Zetacron?

Last edited by Sherman Davies; August 26th, 2022 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Sherman, you dummy, the power only works for heroes!
Old August 25th, 2022, 08:49 PM

It would be hard to keep the "Star Wars: Epic Duels" name intact without the Star Wars IP.

I don't know if it "counts" as a restoration game, but that's the name of the company.

--

Good answer re: beast boy.

--
--
--

--
Old September 6th, 2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I stumbled upon a really good deal on that Beast Boy T-Rex mini at a site for a hobby store called Pop's Culture Shoppe. I had wanted the mini way back when I first designed my original version of Beast Boy, but it was, and still is, usually pretty pricey at $10-12. Pop's had it for $3.99, so I jumped on it. Buying the mini was actually the impetus for me revising the card, which I might not have done otherwise. I justified the purchase by telling myself the mini could also double as a terrain piece on my Batcave map.

Batman has a pretty unusual home security system.

Old September 6th, 2022, 09:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You had a no power card?
Old September 7th, 2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You had a no power card?
If you mean my old version of Beast Boy, yes and no. It was a one-power card, but the power was for him to change into his animal forms (which were the forms with powers), so the human mini served no real purpose outside of beginning the game in a start zone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations