Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 23rd, 2022, 09:26 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: AoA:Vanguard Campaign Postmortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
In my opinion the real problem with the campaign was the two million dollar target and the $250 minimum buy in, not the actual product on offer.
That and even in it's heyday, Scape seems to have always had someone in a position of authority with no idea how to market/distribute/advertise this game and ultimately helped contribute to it's 'official' demise.

-insert signature here-
Old November 23rd, 2022, 09:35 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

They are pretty much still distributing most of their products the same way they did with HeroScape, its a wonder they make any money at all.
Old November 24th, 2022, 03:24 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Couldn’t our community anoint a few Digital Sculptors/3D Modelers to create new 3D-printable sculpts for the community? They could work hand-in-hand with VC (sometimes sculpt could inspire design, sometimes other way around), be funded through Patreon or something similar, and it doesn’t seem to me like this would violate Hasbro copyrights for the game, right? Has there been any discussion of such a thing?
Old November 27th, 2022, 08:08 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Here’s my next installment of “I can’t help it but have hope regardless of where all the signs point and I have to take any ‘news’ with a half of a third of a grain of salt.”

Latest episode from Board Game Insiders. They mentioned how the campaign failed and its back in the vault. Both Ignacy and Stephen are still surprised at this considering all the work put in and $$ spent.

Stephen still seems to think that something will happen with HeroScape, though he made sure to say he has no inside info, but that he will shake the tree at Hasbro with the contacts he has and report back. Not that I expect anything to come of it.

1/2 of 1/3 of a grain of salt… but it’s still something.

-insert signature here-
Old November 28th, 2022, 12:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Heirloom,

If you look on the thread that suggests usable minis in the new AOA thread in the Customs section, you'll see that a 3D sculptor is already doing just that; producing "knockoffs" which are not exactly the same for each of the AOA minis. They look pretty good too.
Old February 21st, 2023, 08:33 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Couldn’t our community anoint a few Digital Sculptors/3D Modelers to create new 3D-printable sculpts for the community? They could work hand-in-hand with VC (sometimes sculpt could inspire design, sometimes other way around), be funded through Patreon or something similar, and it doesn’t seem to me like this would violate Hasbro copyrights for the game, right? Has there been any discussion of such a thing?

If the reboot is dead, I wonder what is to stop them from just releasing the units as STL files - they have released the cards.... I guess this goes against the aim of making money and making their IP public but...... they shared the cards, I don't get it....
Old February 21st, 2023, 08:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

1. No "if." It's 1000% dead
2. Nothing's stopping them and nothing's making them. They have no motivation to. If they wanted to release the product just to release it, they wouldn't have set it up as a "prove it" crowdfunder where we had to foot the production costs for them in advance. They're not going to sink a penny into giving us free product at this point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 21st, 2023, 10:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Since I am very interested in the 20 scenarios in 2 campaigns they had announced, I mentioned to CVN on his thread that at the end of Scape they did release a number of then unpublished D&D scenarios to us. I thought, maybe just that much. But Craig hasn't posted since the debacle. Ah, well...
Old October 25th, 2023, 01:39 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So the TimeStrike Kickstarter launched yesterday. Looking at the campaign page, available tiers, and funding goal, is this what you would wish the Haslab campaign had been?

Interestingly enough, the tier with the most backers is the one with uncoloured miniatures and more terrain (TimeStrike + SOURCE Deluxe). I imagine most backers see this tier as having the most value.
Old October 25th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's certainly miles better so far. I'm wait and see on some more interesting stretch goals, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion