Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2022, 10:49 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] Honored Soul-Guides (Lantern Geists) - Design

For the sake of simplicity I probably lean slightly toward the Journey through the Underworld version, but I also like the version in the OP (Last Will/Unfinished Business) as well and would be happy to move forward with that if others preferred it.
Old September 24th, 2022, 08:18 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Hopefully doing some testing today. Can try to test both versions. We may need to put this to a vote.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 24th, 2022, 10:18 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
So what's the consensus here, Class changes to Guides and power to:

Quote:
JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD
Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to a Soul Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a different Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.
?
Imo journey is a much better power. It's a from me
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:17 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Notes from a quick playtest after last month's local event: unfortunately none really. Their game was decided by other factors before they could utilize Last Will. Opinion was somewhat split between LW and JttSW versions, though I suppose this lack of action could be read as a point in favor of Journey.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:41 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I know I'm not on this Pod anymore, but Journey Through the Spirit World is probably a better power for the goals of this master set and will be less swingy to playtest.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2022, 12:03 PM

I think I'm starting to lean that way. Plus we have future units with potential for revival, so maybe say Liliana ends up with a Last-Will-esque power anyway.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:03 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I think I'm starting to lean that way. Plus we have future units with potential for revival, so maybe say Liliana ends up with a Last-Will-esque power anyway.
I am all in on journey. But I prefer Lillianna to get powerups from killed figures given that the spell she's casting looks like a fireball made out of someone's soul. Although ofc it can be a resurrection type ability too
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

In general, I've never really thought that this direction was a great fit for our goals of presenting an introductory Master Set. I like the theme of guide ghosts returning souls to fight for glory in Valhalla a lot, but it's probably a poor introduction to Jandar for someone who doesn't know what he's about. Last Will has taken ages to get to a workable and simple version for our box. That all said, I think the unit itself is great and get why people voted the ways they did.

However, Journey Through the Spirit World doesn't seem great to me. It's useless after whiffing a 5 defense roll, and it may take multiple Order Markers to purely set it up first. I would probably only draft them with Sir Gilbert and/or Knights of Weston at that point.

In terms of the class change, I much prefer Guides to Psychopomps. Sentinels is okay, but we already have others in the set and I think that Guide encapsulates their theme much better.
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:51 PM

My personal opinion is that they make incredible Glyph grabbers even if JTtW never triggers. Which is why I don't have as much of an issue with it. We could also modify JTtW to make it more similar to Saylind's staff of summoning such that both HSG don't need to survive for it to work.

The other reason they're such good glyph grabbers is that when you grab the glyph you're not making as much of a development sacrifice as you normally would given that you now control a pivot point for easy development from your back ranks
Old October 8th, 2022, 03:42 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
In general, I've never really thought that this direction was a great fit for our goals of presenting an introductory Master Set. I like the theme of guide ghosts returning souls to fight for glory in Valhalla a lot, but it's probably a poor introduction to Jandar for someone who doesn't know what he's about. Last Will has taken ages to get to a workable and simple version for our box. That all said, I think the unit itself is great and get why people voted the ways they did.

However, Journey Through the Spirit World doesn't seem great to me. It's useless after whiffing a 5 defense roll, and it may take multiple Order Markers to purely set it up first. I would probably only draft them with Sir Gilbert and/or Knights of Weston at that point.

In terms of the class change, I much prefer Guides to Psychopomps. Sentinels is okay, but we already have others in the set and I think that Guide encapsulates their theme much better.
I think we could also increase their defense to 6 or even 7. Some more defensive variation in the set isn't a bad thing, and I'd be fine with them being on the higher end.
Old October 8th, 2022, 03:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Higher defense for them would work for me I think.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2022, 03:53 PM

So I think that would end us up with something like this (changes in bold):

Quote:
HONORED SOUL GUIDES

Undead / Unique Squad (2 figures) / Guides / Stoic
1 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 2 Attack / 7 Defense

Journey Through the Spirit World
Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to a Soul Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a different Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for an Honored Soul-Guide's movement, ignore elevations. An Honored Soul-Guide may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If an Honored Soul-Guide is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I'd be fine fine with them entering testing with either 6 or 7 def, and 5 or 6 move. I'd also be fine with shortening the power name to just "Through the Spirit World" or "Journey of the Spirit."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs