Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 13th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: OEAO's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JairEmia View Post
interesting, doesn't seem like much has changed in the rankings over the years. Guess it makes sense given that nothing new comes out anymore.
There haven't been a ton of huge changes, but there are a considerable number of 1-2 rank differences between these and the old rankings (SP's/Jexik's).
Old May 13th, 2022, 06:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

A few updates:

Isamu: A- -> A: yeah he's still good.
Sgt. Drake RotV: B -> B+. He's not two ranks below Drake SotM and Alastair. B+ is a better place for him.
Theracus: B -> B+: He's really quite good for 40 points. I definitely undervalued him a few years ago.
Old July 18th, 2022, 11:10 PM

NoLoveLost is surprisingly tart

I'm trying to get back into Heroscape. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but considering the power rankings show some figures far superior to others, has there been some sort of new, agreed upon points value change for certain characters? For example, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior-ROTV should be a considerable higher cost than (80).

Has their been some sort of retooling of points values to help game balance?
Old July 19th, 2022, 08:54 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
I'm trying to get back into Heroscape. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but considering the power rankings show some figures far superior to others, has there been some sort of new, agreed upon points value change for certain characters? For example, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior-ROTV should be a considerable higher cost than (80).

Welcome back! I believe the Delta cost system is the most current version of what you are looking for:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ighlight=Delta
Old July 19th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post

Welcome back! I believe the Delta cost system is the most current version of what you are looking for:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ighlight=Delta
Totally agree with the Delta recommendation. It is actively being used in some tournaments right now, and two (I believe) ScapeCon events last week used Delta. Try it out and let the team know what you think! It's excellent.
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:18 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hello everyone.
Since I play in tournament I track the figs I play with or against and if they won or lost.

Just want to point out some stats from my games.

Nilfheim was played 15 times (7 times by me, 8 by my opponent), he won 7 games and had 1 draw, 50% winrate.
Q9 was played 7 times (5 times by me, twice by my opponent), he won 2 games, 29% winrate winrate.
Braxas was played 5 times (4 times by me, once by my opponent), she won 2 games, 40% winrate.
The Vulcanmech Incendiborgs were played 6 times (once by me, 5 times by opponent) they won twice, 33% winrate.

Quahon was played 6 times (twice by me, 4 times by my opponent) she won all games, 100% winrate.

Other games I watched with Quahon in it, Quahon won everytime.
Granted people tend to not pick the best Q9 build, but still I find those results impressive, I wonder if you all had or witnessed similar results.

Old February 28th, 2024, 10:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

UPDATE 2/28/24:

With new HeroScape on the horizon, it was time for 1 final update. Well, for now- I'm sure I'll continue to refine these power rankings over time.

If the new Scape is good, I'll create a new thread for my rankings of those units, with this one preserved as an original run-only power rankings thread.

Slight Downgrades:

Axegrinders: A -> A-
Marro Stingers: A -> A-
These are both good units, but they're not on the level of the A units.

Sgt. Drake SotM: A- -> B+
Sgt. Drake RotV: B+ -> B
They're not bad, but not the best. Thorian Speed is extremely matchup dependent.

Drow Chainfighter: B -> B-
Solid filler, but that's it.

Slight Upgrades:

Fyorlag Spiders: B -> B+
Wyvern: B -> B+
Estivara: B- -> B
Sujoah: C+ -> B-
I've long thought this faction is underrated. I've maintained the separation between the individual pieces while bumping them each up 1 sub-rank. Spiders can hang with many of the B+ units.

Guilty: B -> B+
Nakita: B -> B+
Solid range pieces that are strong enough for their points to warrant a bump.

Master of the Hunt: C > B+
Probably the most controversial change, I've played MotH more in the past year than in all my years playing previously combined. 6 move, 4 range, 6 life, and 4 defense give him enough mobility, range, and survivability to threaten any hero he wants, and Mortal Strike is an absolutely crazy special power. He's way better than Frosty into heroes, but worse into squads (although he's not bad in an endgame scenario- 4 range isn't bad).

Kato: B- > B
Yari: B- > B
They're really not bad. 8 activations is pretty nuts.

Sir Denrick: B- > B
Parmenio: B- > B
Solid bonding heroes that deserve the bump.

Chardris: B- > B
Iskra: C+ > B-
Solid pseudo-bonding heroes that deserve the bump.

Taelord: B- > B
Play against 4x 10th Taelord and you'll realize that his aura is actually pretty nuts, even for the points.

Dzu: C+ > B-
Quasatch: C+ > B-
Warden 816: C+ > B-
These aren't the best, but they're better than the C+s.

Restructuring the Low Ranks:

I don't have much to say about these changes, other than I think I have a bit of a better grasp on their comparable power levels than I had before. I don't think Hatamato is a bottom 2 unit, and I don't think there's even a reason to have an F tier anymore... at least as of now.

Down: Erevan
Up: Acolarh, Einar Imperium, Empress Kiova, Groks, Templar, Khosumet, Sahuagin, Moriko, Obsidians, Major X17, Shiori, Deathwalker 7000, Hatamato
Old February 29th, 2024, 05:05 AM

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agree with ALL the changes @OEAO ! (Except MotH maybe B/B- range).

Other whanges I would make:
Anubians: B- --> B
Anubians are a bit underrated in your ranking imo, pair them with a good squad killer hero, and boom you get a good army. Even if you roll bad they are still decent meat shields with 6 move 4 defense they tie up range very well. And vs melee yif you roll bad you can just no attack and mass them around your squad killer. Also another good thing with them I didn't realize at first: they win lategame vs any 5 move 1 range hero, they just have to run around the map and wait for good D20 roll to assault it.
I would take 6 move 2 attack squad like Wolves over a 5 move 3 attack like Quasacht I feel like the 6 move is extremly important to fight range correctly.
They're not a great squad but they're better than Dzu or Quasacht imo.

Evar Scarcaver: C+--> B- (at least) I'm pretty sure you've not played this guy enough, in a janky kinda lategame scenario he's very good, can clean house extremly well, if he gets rolling he's extremly hard to stop. Compared to units with a similar role, like Tagawa Samuraïs man the gap is huge for no reason, I think both units have very similar efficiency both have their pros and cons.

Switch DW8000 and DW9000: both are **** but DW9000 normal 4 attack is a real menace for a lot of heroes while DW8000 is only "good" vs a handful of squads. Also DW9000 is more solid.

Arrow Gruts: B+--> A-
Imo they are more viable in cheese than in a lot of squads you ranked higher (Romans,Stingers, Dividers) and them being in th esame tier as vipers really hurts my eyes.

Old February 29th, 2024, 11:07 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

A few more updates:

Tul-Bak-Ra: B- > C+: he's not the best
Evar: C+ > B-: it's been a while since I've played him, but he's B- for sure
Master of the Hunt: B+ > B: I might be a bit bullish on him, but I think he's definitely a clear step above figures like Shurrak
Arrows, Blades, Mimring, and Swog: B+ > A-: probably underrated for too long (although I remember the flack I received 7 years ago for putting Blades in A-...)
Warforged B+ > B: slow 3-member melee squad... pass
Old February 29th, 2024, 11:17 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I see my work here is done.
Old February 29th, 2024, 07:01 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Arrows, Blades, Mimring, and Swog: B+ > A-: probably underrated for too long (although I remember the flack I received 7 years ago for putting Blades in A-...)
Old March 1st, 2024, 05:14 AM

Quote:
A few more updates:
although I remember the flack I received 7 years ago for putting Blades in A-...
Intresting, imo if you remove figure/hex limit Blades are straight up better than Heavies.

For example at 450pts 24 figs you could do 5xBlades Grimnak Nerak Raelin, man I feel this is as good, maybe even better than the classic 4xHeavies Grimnak Nerak.
You have less punch but much much more sustain with your heroes having Raelin and having 1 more squad.
Tho vs high defense figures like Q9 you maybe need the Heavies punch more.

And the more you diminish the points the better the blades gets.

Last edited by Foudzing; March 1st, 2024 at 05:35 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion