Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old July 31st, 2007, 02:17 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I actually thought about this - an official "turn" involves the turning over of the turn marker - you might end up having multiple "turns" on the activation of one turn marker (frenzy), but that initial turn marker activation is required for it to be a turn. If your figure is dead, you reveal and remove the turn marker without activating it. Thus you don't ever have the activation part of the turn, thus you cannot perform *any* actions, including rolling for Rejected by Death.
That said, if your #2 turn marker were on, say some Venoc Vipers, and your #3 turn marker were on a dead Thanos, and you got that 19 roll from the Venocs during their activation with the #2, then your #3 turn marker would be useable once again, IMO.
I agree, but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to put order markers on a dead card.
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I agree, but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to put order markers on a dead card.
I meant this for a hypothetical where the order markers were placed before Thanos was destroyed (if, for instance, he was destroyed during turn 1).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
I meant this for a hypothetical where the order markers were placed before Thanos was destroyed (if, for instance, he was destroyed during turn 1).
So is my assumption correct that I am not allowed to place order markers on a dead card?
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:05 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So is my assumption correct that I am not allowed to place order markers on a dead card?
Maybe you should look it up in the rulebook.
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you should look it up in the rulebook.
(Sighs.)

It's not in there. Hence the reason I'm asking, mister smarty-pants rule guy.

Here's the quote from 2nd Edition p.14 that describes destroying a figure:
"When all figures on an Army Card have been destroyed, the Army Card is out of play. Do not reveal any Order Markers that are on that card for that round of play. On future rounds, you can't take any turns for that card."

It doesn't say I can't place order markers on the card, only that I can't take turns with it. If I were a gambling man and wanted to risk wasting turn 3 by not being able to take it, could I place the marker on Thanos and trust in my dice skillz (or some glyph boosts) that Thanos would be alive by the time I got to him?
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:35 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'd say look in the "Placing Order Markers" section of the rulebook, but I don't know if its there either.

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:41 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
I'd say look in the "Placing Order Markers" section of the rulebook, but I don't know if its there either.
It's not, at least not that I can find.
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I guess I don't see anything wrong with someone placing their third turn marker on Thanos and hoping they roll for him. Honestly, more often than not, with the high roll required, they're just going to give me back to back turns for free anyway, so why would I complain?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:51 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
I guess I don't see anything wrong with someone placing their third turn marker on Thanos and hoping they roll for him. Honestly, more often than not, with the high roll required, they're just going to give me back to back turns for free anyway, so why would I complain?
True. I'm not saying it's the smartest move, but perhaps if you were playing with glyphs or things weren't looking promising for you you might want to gamble it.
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:54 PM

No doubt - just not a gamble I'd complain about as an opponent.

Old July 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
"When all figures on an Army Card have been destroyed, the Army Card is out of play. Do not reveal any Order Markers that are on that card for that round of play. On future rounds, you can't take any turns for that card."

It doesn't say I can't place order markers on the card, only that I can't take turns with it.
(emphasis mine)

If the rules say I can not take a turn with an out of play card that, to me, means I can not put markers on it.

We already established that you can't take a turn with a dead card. The rules outline the steps of a turn. Step 1 is reveal your order marker. The only exception to having a marker on a dead card is if you lost that unit earlier in that round. There in lies the answer.

It seems to me you are wanting the rules to accommodate what you want them to do rather than just reading them and accepting them as they are presented.

I say no; you can't put markers on a destroyed Thanos card at the start of a new round.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:07 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:

It doesn't say I can't place order markers on the card, only that I can't take turns with it.
(emphasis mine)

If the rules say I can not take a turn with an out of play card that, to me, means I can not put markers on it.

We already established that you can't take a turn with a dead card. The rules outline the steps of a turn. Step 1 is reveal your order marker. The only exception to having a marker on a dead card is if you lost that unit earlier in that round. There in lies the answer.

It seems to me you are wanting the rules to accommodate what you want them to do rather than just reading them and accepting them as they are presented.

I say no; you can't put markers on a destroyed Thanos card at the start of a new round.
Well reasoned, but it could go either way. I don't care which way it goes ultimately, because as I say it would be poor play to gamble the return of Thanos. I'm just saying there is nothing preventing this in the rules.

Step one is reveal your order marker, but if you couldn't take a turn that step would just be skipped, like the rest of the turn.

We have indeed established, correctly, that you cannot take a turn with a dead card. We have not established that you cannot place order markers (thus "wasting" them) on a dead card if you foolishly choose to do so. There is a distinct difference.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's