Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old August 5th, 2019, 01:12 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2019 Results

My pods were (2xHorned Skull Brutes, March Esenwein) (2xWarforged Soldiers, Isamu) and (Airborne Elite, Tarn Viking Warriors). Just realized neither myself nor my opponent remembered to sit one of the 8 figures in the third pod in any of my three games. Whoops.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 5th, 2019, 10:06 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wargameaddict97 (Derek) won Assassins on Saturday Morning. 4 Deathchasers, Nerak, and two others I have forgotten.
Old August 5th, 2019, 12:44 PM

JohnnyFrisbee Woo who?

Matthias and his buddy Garrett who I don't think has a Scaper name beat me and Earl_of_sandwich in the Team Up finals
Old August 5th, 2019, 12:46 PM

JohnnyFrisbee Woo who?

Oh, forgot the armies. Ben and I played 4th Mass x3/Concan + PKs x2/Marro Warriors/Kaemon. Matthias and Garrett played Mimring/Greenscales x2/Marro + Axegrindersx3/Darrak.
Old August 5th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Cluster draft:
Knight of Weston x1
Eldgrim
Mezzo’s x1
&
Brunak
Tarn Vikings
&
HSB x2
2-1 ?/6

Take Poo:
Zombies x4
Alastair
Agent Carr

Kaemon
Mohicans x4
Brave Arrow
3-1, 2nd place loosing to Videosayg

Main event:
Dwarfs x2
Heirloom
Tandros
Tarn Vikings
Otinashi
4-2 on day 1
1-1 on day 2, loosing to Veggie

Team with ISB3:
4th Mass x3
Alastair
/
Major Q9
Rats x2
Marcu
3-1, 3rd/?, stupid Elders always beating me at Teams

Awesome GenCon. It was a great time my friends

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old August 5th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Other results that I know:

4x400
1. johnnyfrisbee?

Cluster Draft
1. infectedsloth (Arkmer, White Wyrmling x4) (Kozuke, Mezzos x1) (Swarm Raelin, Marro Warriors)
2. capsocrates (?)

Old Folks Tournament:
1. dok (Raelin, Rats x3, Krav, Hydra)
2. Matthias (Knights x5, Hawthorne)

Heat of Battle Uniques Only:
1.5. infectedsloth (Raelin, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors, Izumi, Alastair, Crixus, Zetacron)
1.5. vegietarian18 (Raelin, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors, Ninjas of Northern Wind, Major Q9, Marcu, Isamu)
Championship to be played online soon

General Wars
1. nicktheant (Stingers?)
2. Earl_of_sandwich (Knights x3, Gilbert, 10th Reg x2)

If anyone has other results, please post!
JohnnyFrisbee did indeed win 4x400 with his Krug, Swog x4, Arrow x4 defeating my Nilfheim, Rats x4, Marro Warriors in the finals.
Old August 5th, 2019, 08:23 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
14. Sir Dendrik: Vipers x4, Venoc Warlord, Krug 4-2
Yo yo yo I went 5-1, not 4-2! Blasphemy.

I'm psyched to finally have some of those sweet GenCon dice. Also I can now say that I beat dok, which is some serious street cred.

I had a blast this year--thank you guys for a great time, and for enduring my lack of social skills. I'm already thinking about what army I want to bring next year.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 6th, 2019, 11:33 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Glad to have you, coachmuskie!

I lost my first game to Sir Dendrick, then won the next four. I took a loss on the 6th game so I could try (and fail) to get into another event that was starting elsewhere.

I had a lot of fun playing all of my games, even losing on day 2 to Matthias.

Someday I will make day 2 and *not* get randomly paired with one of the top four players in the world in the first round.
Top 4? We all know better than that...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 6th, 2019 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Even my bff knows whether he admits it or not
Old August 7th, 2019, 02:10 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

There is at least one player that doesn't come to GenCon and should be in the conversation for "top player" based on their skill level. I won't be the judge of who is better than who, but I know there are more than two people in the "race."

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 7th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
There is at least one player that doesn't come to GenCon and should be in the conversation for "top player" based on their skill level.
I could care less about who is "Top Gun" for a particular year, but I understand and respect if that is important to you. I just play for fun.

Gen Con has always been the de facto World Championship. Its where the men are separated from the boys. If this unknown player is as good as you say he or she is then well they should start planning for 2020. July 30-August 2, 2020

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 8th, 2019, 02:36 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
There is at least one player that doesn't come to GenCon and should be in the conversation for "top player" based on their skill level.
I could care less about who is "Top Gun" for a particular year, but I understand and respect if that is important to you. I just play for fun.

Gen Con has always been the de facto World Championship. Its where the men are separated from the boys. If this unknown player is as good as you say he or she is then well they should start planning for 2020. July 30-August 2, 2020
Wait, are we debating whether I'm one of the top 4 players in the world? (I'm the one who beat Caps Day 1 Round 1.) If so I'm honored but you're dead wrong. I'm a B+ player who got lucky a few times. I highly doubt I'll ever make Top 4 again, but I had a blast riding the waves of my fluke this year.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 8th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:

Wait, are we debating whether I'm one of the top 4 players in the world? (I'm the one who beat Caps Day 1 Round 1.) If so I'm honored but you're dead wrong. I'm a B+ player who got lucky a few times. I highly doubt I'll ever make Top 4 again, but I had a blast riding the waves of my fluke this year.
Well, you pulled off the upset of the decade in your Top 8 game, so you should have been riding those waves! Don't sell yourself short AJ, you know what you're doing. Hope you make it back out again next year!

Last edited by OEAO; August 8th, 2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Only the second time ever that Dok has missed Top 4

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con