Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old February 10th, 2010, 08:07 PM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Sunken Crypt

I put it up here as well. Hopefully that will work for you.

PS - I'm very excited that several people have said they are going to play it. Can't wait for the play reports!
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I put it up here as well. Hopefully that will work for you.

PS - I'm very excited that several people have said they are going to play it. Can't wait for the play reports!
That worked!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got it set up; I'm going to try and run through it by Sunday. Hopefully twice, if the circumstances are in my favor ^_^

Really, I thought it was fun to throw out aesthetics for one map and make stripes on the side of the terrain. It's very nostalgic to me, as I used to build houses, cars, and once or twice a sphere out of lego pieces, paying no heed to the color. Those were the good old days. ^_^

Anyway, it looks great, and should be fun to play. That's the one thing about good-looking maps, is that they often take a short time to play, so you don't get to admire them long enough. It seems this won't have that problem.

I'd rep you five more times if I could. This is that amazing.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Bravo!

I can't speak to its balance or fun factor since I haven't played it yet, but you've definitely set a standard for story and presentation...all the way to the end. The portal/soulborg reference is really cool.

The yellow trigger spaces are brilliant. I will definately steel the idea for my own adventures. They remind me of the way doors were treated in Advanced HeroQuest. I kept thinking "too bad the enemy player can't send his units down to trigger more bad guys" and then in room 3 you allow just that!

You've made me disappointed that I have no Krug, Khosumet, Sudema, Anubians, or Ticalla =(. And you made me sad that I can't bring Crixus as a hero =(.

But I really look forward to playing this through using proxy figures.

And I REALLY look forward to your next effort.
Old February 10th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback, SgtHulka. The trigger spaces in Area 4 are a lot of fun - lots of good battles trying to stop escaping units!

Sorry about Crixus, but I'm actually working on a scenario involving him right now! That list is basically my personal taste for who should be adventuring in a dungeon (with some kept off for balance/purposelessness). I largely kept out the historicals, but to me Valguard and the Vikings are D&D - at least that's how we played it back in the day. Same with the Samurai - they're "Asian Adventures" to me. But Romans and Greeks? That's right out!

I'm very interested in hearing how the proxies work out. I understand the feeling as I don't have Aquilla's Alliance or Crypien and it pains me when I see them used and discussed.

Some of the impetus here and in my future endeavors is to use all the units I got that I feel like I don't get to play with enough. Next time I'll probably take it in smaller chunks as this was a big scenario to play through repeatedly - but I intend to have the same quality standards in publications.
Old February 10th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
I got it set up...
Picture please?

Quote:
Anyway, it looks great, and should be fun to play. That's the one thing about good-looking maps, is that they often take a short time to play, so you don't get to admire them long enough.
My problem is that my wife wants the table back and my kids want to build their own HS creations so I have to tear them down. But this one was up for a good long time.

Quote:
I'd rep you five more times if I could. This is that amazing.
Thanks!!!
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I got it set up...
Picture please?
Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. ^_^ (I usually have problems with cameras and importing pictures to computers, but I'll see what I can do.)

By the way, I'll have a short report on first and possibly second room later. My army is currently:
Tandros Kreel
Kaemon Awa
Erevan
Finn
I did a 400 point army because I only have two players atm, but I can hopefully get three this weekend. I'll let you know.

Old February 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Shade Tree

Well, here's some pictures:

Put in spoilers to save space.
Spoiler Alert!

I understand there is a bitLOT of a blur in most of them, and the lighting is horrible, but I'm no photographer. :P

Anyway, I took these about a half hour ago, and I can hopefully get a game on the first two areas in under an hour. I'll let you know how they go.

Old February 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Awesome! Thanks for that. I love seeing the snow mixed into the building areas.
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:20 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Well, here's some pictures:

Put in spoilers to save space.
Spoiler Alert!

I understand there is a bitLOT of a blur in most of them, and the lighting is horrible, but I'm no photographer. :P

Anyway, I took these about a half hour ago, and I can hopefully get a game on the first two areas in under an hour. I'll let you know how they go.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Shade Tree

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for that. I love seeing the snow mixed into the building areas.
Quite a good bit of conrete, too; but I have gotten a fair enough amount of Waves 5-7 to get way more snow tiles than I need. :P

I might even do a pictured battle report, just because I have the camera ready; I probably won't get the report in until tomorrorw if I do, though.

I'll work on less blurry pictures, too, just for the record. ^_^

Old February 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Shade Tree

Wow! One of the first times I've followed up so punctually on a promise:
Spoiler Alert!

Once again, put in spoilers to save space.

Just a quick question, though; are wounds removed after changing adventure areas?

Edit: Also, anyone know any good proxies for Sudema?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios