Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2020, 06:47 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

I mean SS only does that and prevents Falling.
Old June 8th, 2020, 07:10 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually forgot that SS inherently ignores auto shields on DOs. I had Tough on there for a minute but the idea of a beefy superhero smashing a tank is so iconic I thought it deserved to be represented in the design. Armored Vehicle seemed like a solid generic power that could be reused in other relevant VDO designs.

Is the interest in streamlining specific to this design or is there a more general desire to keep the simpler VDOs to two powers or less?

My first preference for simplifying the design would probably be to remove the part of Crushing Advance that ignores small elevation changes, but I don't know if that would scratch the stramlining itch or not.
Old June 8th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think the design is mostly fight but there's no reason to use Armored Vehicle over Tough, they have functionally the same text.
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I mean SS only does that and prevents Falling.
Before C3G that is. It also now gives some resistances and immunities (notably some level of lava resistance), allows you to throw DOs with a size on them (optional) and Knockback (optional).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverie View Post
I actually forgot that SS inherently ignores auto shields on DOs. I had Tough on there for a minute but the idea of a beefy superhero smashing a tank is so iconic I thought it deserved to be represented in the design. Armored Vehicle seemed like a solid generic power that could be reused in other relevant VDO designs.

Is the interest in streamlining specific to this design or is there a more general desire to keep the simpler VDOs to two powers or less?

My first preference for simplifying the design would probably be to remove the part of Crushing Advance that ignores small elevation changes, but I don't know if that would scratch the stramlining itch or not.
Simplifying is usually good when it makes sense. Tough is a pretty simple power that makes a ton of sense here, though, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2020, 09:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverie View Post
On my end, it's definitely wanting to keep VDOs relatively simple - I wouldn't hardline oppose three powers, but I think with three powers, the shorter the better.
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I could see dropping the Soldier bonus like Ronin mentioned. Tanks are military vehicles, but in C3G we have a lot of characters that are military/paramilitary that aren't classed as Soldier. It doesn't feel off to me at all to have HYDRA or Dum Dum Dugan driving a tank, but they don't get a bonus.
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Meh. The Soldier bonus is the best part.

Let Dum Dum drive a Sports Car.
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:26 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Meh. The Soldier bonus is the best part.

Let Dum Dum drive a Sports Car.
Maybe this?
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I could see dropping the Soldier bonus like Ronin mentioned. Tanks are military vehicles, but in C3G we have a lot of characters that are military/paramilitary that aren't classed as Soldier. It doesn't feel off to me at all to have HYDRA or Dum Dum Dugan driving a tank, but they don't get a bonus.
It's true that there are non-Soldier figures that would be skilled with a tank. The Yeoman character I've been thinking over is a Vigilante but he is ex-military. But beyond theme, the bonus encourages using the Tank in a Soldier list, which I think is a good thing.
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:33 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Old June 9th, 2020, 01:52 PM

Does this look like an improvement? Not sure if I did enough to simplify it. Changes include:
- Bumping move up to 6 and removing the climbing aspect of Crushing Advance.
- Changing the special attack to not include a Gunner space. Some wording work still needs to be done, most likely.
- Swapping Armored Vehicle for Tough

Quote:

NAME = TANK
DESIGNATION = Vehicle Destructible Object

COVER = Full Cover
UNIQUENESS = Uncommon Vehicle

OCCUPANCY = 2 figures
SIZE/HEIGHT = Large 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

MAIN GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 7 Attack: 4 + Special
You may use this Special Attack instead of attacking normally with a figure that occupies this Tank but is not in the Driver Space. This Special Attack may not target adjacent figures. Main Gun Special Attack starts with 4 attack dice. You may add an attack die for each of the following:
  • The attacking figure is a Soldier.
  • This tank is attacking a large or huge figure.

CRUSHING ADVANCE
This Tank may move through destructible objects and figures that are not huge. After moving, roll 1 unblockable attack die against each destructible object and figure that this Tank moved through.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Last edited by reverie; June 9th, 2020 at 03:00 PM.
Old June 9th, 2020, 02:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd say Large 5 for the size.

The attack on the Special Attack should be 4 + Special.

I'm digging it!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy