Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 17th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm still not a fan of a kurrOK clone. The shadows are shaping up nicely, but Xundar seem to lack Drowness. I would love to see you drop the summoning and give him a pellet like special attack with some bite by destroying a shadow. Healing rebirth powers are tricky and if you have to give up a turn fairly rare.
How about inverting summoning, something that allows you to sacrifice a Shadow to keep him alive, either by ignoring attacks or healing wounds? Would be helpful for a hub figure, distinguish him from Kurrok and feel nicely 'Drow-y'.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 17th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Some very good points. I agree with what you've said Scytale, but I also like the idea of just allowing him to move before he takes turns with the Shadows. I think I'm going to go that round and simplify the Binder card to just opponents.
The new ability would look something like this...
Quote:
SHADOW MASTER
Instead of attacking with Xundar, you may take a turn with up to three small or medium common shadow heroes you control that are within 8 spaces of Xundar.
As for dropping the summoning power...I've thought long and hard about it and I'm actually kind of excited about the below as a means of adding Drowness but also allowing the Shadow to come back if need be. It allows them to be replenished, but not in such a "run-away-and-hide while I summon my army back" mentality. Excuse the power name...I could use some help brainstorming something a little more fitting. So this would be replacing the summoning ability.

Quote:
SHADOW TRANSFORMATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
If Xundar destroys an opponents small, medium [or large?] figure with Shadow Transformation Special Attack, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Shadow figures.
The idea here with the special attack is that once he's destroyed an opponent with his sorcery, he's literally turning them into his shadow minions. This also forces the player to keep him in the fight if they need to replenish shadows.

Super, good catch on the name. I'm not so attached to the last name, though it sounds kinda fun...you have a point about his other Drow buddies not having a last name.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 17th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

[QUOTE=Sir Heroscape;2230184]

Range 6. Attack 3.
If Xundar destroys an opponents small, medium [or large?] figure with Shadow Transformation Special Attack, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Shadow figures.[QUOTE]

You'd need a d20 on that otherwise, this guy would be bringing back 30 point figures off 10 point vipers.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 17th, 2018, 02:47 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Range 6. Attack 3.
If Xundar destroys an opponents small, medium [or large?] figure with Shadow Transformation Special Attack, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Shadow figures.
Quote:

You'd need a d20 on that otherwise, this guy would be bringing back 30 point figures off 10 point vipers.
I disagree a D20 is required. Sometimes that just happens when you have a bad matchup. Zombies are 20pts a figure and they loooove Viper brainz. Even then, Xundar only gets to bring back 1. I’m not concerned.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2018, 02:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that's like an auto-win against Vipers. Surround Xundar with Shadows, and just use the special attack. Hmmm.
Old October 17th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Some very good points. I agree with what you've said Scytale, but I also like the idea of just allowing him to move before he takes turns with the Shadows. I think I'm going to go that round and simplify the Binder card to just opponents.
Quote:
SHADOW MASTER
Instead of attacking with Xundar, you may take a turn with up to three small or medium common shadow heroes you control that are within 8 spaces of Xundar.
That's turn stacking again. He has to finish his own turn before starting the other turns.
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
SHADOW MASTER
That's turn stacking again. He has to finish his own turn before starting the other turns.
That's a simple fix:
Quote:
SHADOW MASTER
After taking a turn with Xundar, if Xundar did not attack that turn, you may take a turn with up to three small or medium common shadow heroes you control that are within 8 spaces of Xundar.
I'm liking the suggested changes to Xundar. I was getting a little worried due to how frequently he was loosing in the playtests. I like the idea of locking the Shadow revive to a special attack. It makes Xundar more like Nicholas than Kurrok. In regards to vipers, Shadow Master only activates if Xundar doesn't take his own turn, or if Sir H changes it, Only if he doesn't attack on his own turn. As a player using vipers who is facing Xundar's Army, I would love for you to use a single target special attack, instead of activating 3 figures that are almost guaranteed to kill more vipers than than that special will.
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
SHADOW MASTER
That's a simple fix:
Quote:
SHADOW MASTER
After taking a turn with Xundar, if Xundar did not attack that turn, you may take a turn with up to three small or medium common shadow heroes you control that are within 8 spaces of Xundar.
I'm liking the suggested changes to Xundar. I was getting a little worried due to how frequently he was loosing in the playtests. I like the idea of locking the Shadow revive to a special attack. It makes Xundar more like Nicholas than Kurrok. In regards to vipers, Shadow Master only activates if Xundar doesn't take his own turn, or if Sir H changes it, Only if he doesn't attack on his own turn. As a player using vipers who is facing Xundar's Army, I would love for you to use a single target special attack, instead of activating 3 figures that are almost guaranteed to kill more vipers than than that special will.
Exactly my point on your latter comment! And as for the suggested change, I really appreciate that...cause I was having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to resolve that. Very helpful!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2018, 09:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape . I love these changes. Id been thinking about it today for the name you have for shadow transformation special attack. What do you think about "Soul shift special attack." I think it represents him killing the opponent figures body and perverting their soul into a shadow minion.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Sir Heroscape . I love these changes. Id been thinking about it today for the name you have for shadow transformation special attack. What do you think about "Soul shift special attack." I think it represents him killing the opponent figures body and perverting their soul into a shadow minion.
That got me thinking about maybe Souldcast Special Attack...(kinda like in the Stormlight Archives), but then I decided upon Shadow Cast Special Attack, which I think fits better.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
That got me thinking about maybe Souldcast Special Attack...(kinda like in the Stormlight Archives), but then I decided upon Shadow Cast Special Attack, which I think fits better.
I actually had that come to mind as well. Its awesome. I actually like this approach better because it actually not only makes you use Xundar more in the endgame, he has kind of a double your money approach like the marro dividers or zombies in a sense that when he's on his last leg he makes a come back. That may just be what he needs to level him out to get you a higher win ratio to balance the unit. Not to mention the increase in theme and fun factor. I'm glad you took away the tentacles helping other drow. That also helps the theme. I look forward to getting to play these guys again when the time comes with their updated changes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 18th, 2018, 01:08 AM

With a few slight tweaks from today's discussion, I think I've got a pretty nicely polished set here. Part of me wants to make the SA range 5 att 4 to give him a stronger attack when he needs to bring back shadows, but I'll see how he performs as is. Aside from that, I'm pretty happy where everything has ended up.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards