Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 14th, 2018, 12:12 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Yeah this last version I cribbed some of that wording from Chalice.
Old September 14th, 2018, 01:38 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

My custom squad the Blood Mist Ninjas consist of miniature you may know. This squad might be better than any ninja hero. When I started to post this custom on my thread, I was anxious to playtest them. Here is the army card for this ninja squad.
Old September 14th, 2018, 04:13 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
My custom squad the Blood Mist Ninjas consist of miniature you may know. This squad might be better than any ninja hero. When I started to post this custom on my thread, I was anxious to playtest them. Here is the army card for this ninja squad.
I like the general design, it looks a bit interesting. As a personal custom for your own use, which many of us have a collection of, it's fine. I haven't playtested, so I don't have a great idea about it's point value, but it looks alright. I don't see any problems. It's a neat looking, and very strong, ninja squad.

Unfortunately, because the sculpt of those figures is already used by an existing SoV design, which has already been approved into the unofficial C3V canon, I would prefer it if different figures were used instead. I don't know if it is ever expressly stated anywhere in the rules for the SoV, but I know that many would be opposed to a design using the exact same sculpt as another design. There would need to be a very good reason that the sculpt is exactly same, and the design would need to be compelling to such a degree, that the judges wanted to the design to be approved, despite the reuse of the sculpt. However if you do not intend to submit the design to the SoV, then it looks great, and I have no problems with it.
Old September 14th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My own feeling is that a mini that can legitimately work with multiple cards is not a bad thing. It’s a different paint, I think, so it’s not exactly the same. If a person can have the darker one do double duty, so much the better.

That would be up to the SoV judges, though. It’s an interesting question.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 14th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Agrah Fenh
I have to agree that an auto-shield feels like it's too much. I personally thought he was tough enough with just 6 Life. I think people were underestimating his value, or at least theoryscaping him wrong. Maximizing the movement boost will not be worth trying. However, once he's done his thing, the switchover to using the cultists will get a boost, and the other side will be forced to consider killing him off even if he doesn't have any order markers. I liked that about the design. This version seems tailor-made for maximing the movement boost.

Blood Mist Ninjas
While I don't mind reusing a sculpt for a different unit, repaints of the same figure in one squad just isn't going to fly for VC. I like the combination of Phantom Walk and Sacred Dagger, though the double attack is a bit much; they would be plenty good without that. Smoke Cloud is problematic. Cloud of Darkness on Estivara is already stretching memory mechanics, but is easily tracked with the flipping of order markers. The added "while they remain on that space" clause adds a huge additional memory mechanic, one that is not tracked by any marker of any sort. Which means everyone has to mentally track which of them got Shield Pushed, or Talon Grabbed, or Knockbacked, or whatever else. That phrase would have to be dropped.

Last edited by Scytale; September 14th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If you are committed to this design, I think heroclix has a fair number of Hand Ninjas (not sure the volume). However that would mean you need to change Sacred Dagger's name.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 14th, 2018, 01:01 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Agrah Fenh
I have to agree that an auto-shield feels like it's too much. I personally thought he was tough enough with just 6 Life. I think people were underestimating his value, or at least theoryscaping him wrong. Maximizing the movement boost will not be worth trying. However, once he's done his thing, the switchover to using the cultists will get a boost, and the other side will be forced to consider killing him off even if he doesn't have any order markers. I liked that about the design. This version seems tailor-made for maximing the movement boost.

Blood Mist Ninjas
While I don't mind reusing a sculpt for a different unit, repaints of the same figure in one squad just isn't going to fly for VC. I like the combination of Phantom Walk and Sacred Dagger, though the double attack is a bit much; they would be plenty good without that. Smoke Cloud is problematic. Cloud of Darkness on Estivara is already stretching memory mechanics, but is easily tracked with the flipping of order markers. The added "while they remain on that space" clause adds a huge additional memory mechanic, one that is not tracked by any marker of any sort. Which means everyone has to mentally track which of them got Shield Pushed, or Talon Grabbed, or Knockbacked, or whatever else. That phrase would have to be dropped.
I have to agree that the same sculpt of Kantono Daishi wouldn't fit with the SoV That information was given to me by Superfrog, but I have all those miniatures, so I decided to them in a squad instead. If your confused on who has no hit zones from Smoke Cloud 13, you can cover up the red hit zone on the Blood Mist Ninjas' Army Card to keep track. What do you have mind for Sacred Dagger, also what else should I change to make the squad fun.
Old September 14th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If your confused on who has no hit zones from Smoke Cloud 13, you can cover up the red hit zone on the Blood Mist Ninjas' Army Card to keep track.
Of course you can do that in your home games. But that's not SoV-level. The card needs to have some intrinsic way of tracking. In theory you could add more markers, but in general VC avoids uses markers unless it is really necessary to the design.
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
If your confused on who has no hit zones from Smoke Cloud 13, you can cover up the red hit zone on the Blood Mist Ninjas' Army Card to keep track.
Of course you can do that in your home games. But that's not SoV-level. The card needs to have some intrinsic way of tracking. In theory you could add more markers, but in general VC avoids uses markers unless it is really necessary to the design.
What if Smoke Cloud was like a vanish ability instead. This vanish ability may protect you from more than skull dice, there are d20 rolls that do like Dragon Swoop or Chilling Touch or other stuff.
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Well then you're really running into the same design space as the Ninjas of the Northern Wind.
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Well then you're really running into the same design space as the Ninjas of the Northern Wind.
The Ninjas of the Northern Wind have a vanish power that only works against normal attacks. You could make Smoke Cloud like Thorian Speed or something that protects you from d20 specials.
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

Thorian Speed only protects you from normal attacks as well. I think you might need to take this back to your thread and put up a few ideas, since it seems like you're not sure which way to go right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards