Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 11th, 2015, 12:11 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart
Most to pay for a Master Set

I was at Goodwill today and they were selling a Swarm of the Marro Master set for $110. I already own 2 SotM, 3 RotV, and 2 BotU plus I believe this is an outrageous price. So this got me thinking what is the most you would pay for a Master Set?

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old March 11th, 2015, 12:20 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: Most to pay for a Master Set

I usually wait until I can find a ROTV for 60 or less.
Old March 11th, 2015, 03:57 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

$40 on average. $60 is the absolute upper limit.
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Noooooooo not thrift stores!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 12th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
I was at Goodwill today and they were selling a Swarm of the Marro Master set for $110...I believe this is an outrageous price.
I believe you're right. Especially for a thrift store.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:34 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If all of my collection was lost in a fire and I had no other way to get a RotV, I'd probably be willing to pay about $200.

Given that I already have more than I count, I'd pay $40, because I could then resell it for a great profit.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old March 18th, 2015, 10:30 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Sorry to barge in on your convo, but I recently put some Master Sets up on Ebay, starting at $20. How's that for profit, Sir Dendrik?

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old March 21st, 2015, 04:56 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sir Dendrik - that's a good point; what would those with ample or completed collections pay to replace them if somehow lost? Being an Australian player I've always paid a premium for HS - but I've rarely complained as to this day it's the game that we most regularly play (followed closely by Zombicide - that's right, I'm not a 'hardcore gamer').

To replace my collection... my wife would cringe to know the length (and price) I'd go to replace it all...

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old March 21st, 2015, 09:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Sorry to barge in on your convo, but I recently put some Master Sets up on Ebay, starting at $20. How's that for profit, Sir Dendrik?
Plus $20 for shipping

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 21st, 2015, 03:18 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will pay $60 if I can find em for that, I love the game and have plenty, but I also lost about 70% of my collection to a fire years ago, so I have been buying when it comes around cause I miss all that plastic

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:25 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

$110 for a SotM is absolutely ridicules for a Goodwill. I work at a Goodwill so I'm always on the look for scape and other games. I snagged a RotV for $20 and Carcassonne for 99 cents.
Old March 25th, 2015, 09:22 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Thanks guys when I saw the price i was hoping it included some expansion pieces like wave 9 or Ticalla jungle. Then they let me look at it and it was mostly complete most of the rock terrain was broken and nothing extra was there, so I walked away. Over the past month I went on an ebay shopping spree adding 3 Braves and Brawler sets (my most wanted heroscape) 1 squad of Heavy Gunts, 1 squad of Gladatrons, and 1 Volcarren Wasteland. Tax return well spent.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion