Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:36 PM

KMPags has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
I was one of the top 6 and finished 4th overall. Not sure where I was heading into the finals. I fielded 2x Knights, Finn, Krav Maga, and Q9. Other armies in the top 6 were 2 'tron armies and 2 minion armies (one with Q9/Krav the other with Taelord/Raelin). I didn't catch the details of the last army in the finals.
My Army:

Marro Hounds x3
Braxus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
Bistro had so many points going into the final round that someone would have needed a 1000 point shutout to catch him.
I tried.
Having an army of Hounds going up a Soulborg army is like trying to hit a 100 mph baseball with two strikes on you before you even step into the batter's box.

Early on, Braxus secured a Defense +1 glyph which allowed the Hounds to hang on from the Blastatron's assault. I caught a huge break when two Hounds took out Q9 on the first turn. The Hound's holding their own defensively, allowed Braxus' and her Poison Acid Breath to whittle away at the 'Trons to secure the win.

Very interesting game.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM

nater has disabled reputation

Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Okay, first of all, I am certain that of all the tournies played around the globe on NHD (National Heroscape Day), the one in Rhode Island had the best venue. Ever.

Second, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I express a huge THANK YOU to Ninja for an outstanding tourny. What a great way to blow a Saturday. It was awesome reconnecting with some of the Scapers from the Sept tourny, as well as making some new connections.

My army was Hounds x3, Krav and Drake. I went 2 wins, 1 loss and a tie - the tie coming during that truncated 4th round. It looked like I was going to win that too, but I suppose Rick would have said the same thing . . . . . .

Did Pags make some sweet customs or what? Can't wait to get your ebay info . . .

Pags - so great to see you again and I'm pumped we finally got to play a match, made even sweeter by seeing our sons playing down at the end of the table during the same round!

Minotaur - Great game. You got lucky punk. See you at the next tourny. It was great to meet you and your homies - the Rhode Island Five.

Constantine - Great to see you again as well. Sorry about your Nakitas . . . . .

Okay, so the next tourny is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, January 13, and we'll probably be able to use my work place which has a large (albeit bland compared the comic store) function hall. So everyone mark your calendars now.

Unless of course someone else wants to host one sooner . . . . .

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Will Never Legitimately Beat Bistro At Anything

TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Unless of course someone else wants to host one sooner . . . .
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:39 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFattestNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Unless of course someone else wants to host one sooner . . . .
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Well at least I'n consistant staying in the middle of the pack, I think I got 12th in Sept.....

Had a great time, and I'd haffta 2nd Pilgrims nomination of best venue ever!!! Big thanks to Ninja an CO.

I got to play Ninja himself and succumb to the power of his minoions.

I went 2-2 on the day and outside of some bad Die roling was happy how the army performed even in defeat.

My son I guess scored the highest score of any individual round with a 975, something that puts a huge smile on his face. He was boasting about it to gramma and grampa today

See ya'll next time.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:54 PM

nater has disabled reputation
jan is sooo far awayyy

w eshould just have a play-day where people can just go in setup and all play together, and like rotate
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater
all play together, and like rotate
What kind of gaming are you in to these days?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pilgrim,

I am sure your venue was nice, but the best in the country, I would vote for our canton touneyment for that, all our boards are still up and I was playing today, I may even have another one TUes., on the same boards. We hold it at my friends glass studio, so I had everything set up the night before, lots of room, lots of table and chairs, 2 fridges and a kitchen at our disposal. We only had 9 people show, which was kinda sad, but that just meant more prizes for everyone.
And the guy hosting it didn't charge anyone the $5 entrance fee, which was really cool!

Your games sound like a lot of fun, it is great to hear of all the games going on on National Heroscape day, and the support from Hasbro was and Housemouse was great.

Game On!

Hendal

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Congrats Mr. Bistro!

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oprime
My son I guess scored the highest score of any individual round with a 975, something that puts a huge smile on his face. He was boasting about it to gramma and grampa today
That's awesome!
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:18 AM

Here are some shots from the tournament. Please don't judge the quality of the photos. I am not a professional just a Dad trying to have some fun with his son. Enjoy.

My son, Mike, and Robbie in Round 1. The battle came down to a Tarn Viking vs an Armoc Viper.

Left to right: Jen, OPrime and Joe.

The winner: Mr. Bistro!!! He removed the Elite Vipers from his Master Set and generously added them back to the prize table. A classy move.

2nd Place: Matty took home the Custom Hobgoblin Army.

4th Place: Adam was the benefactor of Mr. Bistro's generosity (Elite Vipers). Adam is an unbelievable father. He played the entire tournament with a beautiful baby on his shoulder or resting in a stroller beside him. I even saw him change the diapers twice!

5th Place: Chris. Check out the two young Jedi's, Mike and Will, staring up in deference to Master Obi Wan.

6th Place: Ninja donated his prize back into the prize pool. Another classy act and thank you again for hosting and organizing a great event.

7th Place: Pilgrim and his son, Will, who soundly defeated KMPags and his son, Mike, in the same round two boards apart.

8th Place: Dave and his beautiful little girl.

10th Place: Robbie, wearing this year's Super Bowl winner's jersey!

11th Place: Will, the recipient of Ninja's good will. Look at that smile. Priceless!

Missing photos:
3rd Place: KMPags. Unfortunately, the photo Pilgrim took of me and my son was too fuzzy. It's all good.

9th Place: Constantine, the Baron of Beantown. Adam graciously accepted a prize on your behalf, but this photo was too fuzzy also.

OPrime, thanks for returning my IM request on how to post pics.

Later,
Pags

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events