Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Black Alice - Design Phase

My first idea:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
NAME = BLACK ALICE
SECRET IDENTITY = LORI ZECHLIN

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = MOODY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

BORROWED POWERS
After taking a turn with Black Alice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, for the remainder of the game, subtract 3 from Black Alice's Attack and Defense numbers and all the powers on this card are negated.

WITHERING GAZE
If Black Alice is attacked by an opponent's adjacent figure that does not have the Fearless personality and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage, the opponent's turn immediately ends, and you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the attacking figure's Army Card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Black Alice is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Black Alice can take for this attack is one.

FLYING
Withering Gaze could be changed to a tweak on the power, Black Adam's Lightning Strike, or some other magic power.

Second idea, which could be a tight fit on the card:
Quote:
NAME = BLACK ALICE

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = MOODY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

BORROWED POWERS
After rolling for initiative, you may choose up to two of the other special powers on this card for Black Alice to use. Place the appropriate black Magic Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each Magic Marker on this card. If you roll 1-5, remove that marker from the game.

???
Black Alice may add 2 to her Defense number and has the Flying and Superstrength special powers.

???
Black Alice may add 3 to her Attack number and if she is attacked by an adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.

???
Black Alice may add 2 to her Range and Attack numbers. When attacking with Black Alice, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
This is just a rough write-up, any of these power ideas could be tweaked.

Thoughts?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 29th, 2015, 11:06 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Power of SHAZAM!

The Spirit of Vengeance

Villainy of Felix Faust

I'd up her Attack and Range by two and make the second and third options read this:
Quote:
???
Black Alice may add 2 to her Attack and if she is attacked by a non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.

???
Black Alice may add 3 to her Range. When attacking with Black Alice, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 29th, 2015, 11:10 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

So this overall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
NAME = BLACK ALICE

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = MOODY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

BORROWED POWERS
After rolling for initiative, you may choose one of the other special powers on this card for Black Alice to use. Place the appropriate black Magic Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each Magic Marker on this card. If you roll 1-5, remove that marker from the game.
  • POWER OF SHAZAM!
    Black Alice may add 2 to her Defense number and has the Flying and Superstrength special powers.
  • SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
    Black Alice may add 2 to her Attack and if she is attacked by a non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.
  • FEROCITY OF FELIX FAUST
    Black Alice may add 3 to her Range. When attacking with Black Alice, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 30th, 2015, 10:20 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Outside of her ability to steal other powers, she doesn't really have any powers herself, so 3 Range and 4 Attack are both too high for her, IMO.

For the second one, I limited it to adjacent figures to match Withering Gaze on Spectre.

Old January 30th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like the modular powers - they don't appeal to me as much as straight power stealing but it's cool and thematic.
Old January 30th, 2015, 04:25 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like the modular powers, but I don't it quite works right here as it would be hard to say what is the "appropriate" marker.

Trying to guess what you want to achieve here; a Black Magic Marker for each of the powers but you would only be able to use the power if you had that marker. So when you roll to take it away you can't use that power again for the rest of the game. But I don't think it's clear at all. I don't think Vixen's power is the correct use here.

Assuming Spidey's names, maybe something like:
Quote:
BORROWED POWERS
Start the game with 3 black Magic Markers, "S", "V" and "F". After rolling for initiative, you may choose one of the Magic Markers and place it on this card removing any other Magic Markers. After taking a turn with Black Alice if there is a Magic Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-5, remove that marker from the game.

POWER OF SHAZAM!
If the "S" black Magic Marker is on this card, you may add 2 to Black Alice's Defense number and she has the Flying and Superstrength special powers.

SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
If the "V" black Magic Marker is on this card, you may add 2 to Black Alice's Attack number and if she is attacked by a non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.

FEROCITY OF FELIX FAUST
If the "F" black Magic Marker is on this card, you may add 3 to Black Alice's Range number. When attacking with Black Alice, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
Old January 30th, 2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I like the modular powers, but I don't it quite works right here as it would be hard to say what is the "appropriate" marker.
Both Vixen and Psycho-Man refer to "the appropriate marker" without saying which marker is which. Why would we need to state it here, but not on either of those? As long as the player is using the a different marker for each power, it doesn't even really matter which marker they use.

Both you and Spidey limited it to one marker at a time, which is not the intention and made me realize it should be written more like this:

Quote:
BORROWED POWERS
After rolling for initiative, you may choose up to two of the other special powers on this card for Black Alice to use for the remainder of the round. Place the appropriate black Magic Marker(s) on this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each Magic Marker on this card. If you roll 1-5, remove that marker from the game. At the end of each round, remove any Magic Markers from this card.

Old January 31st, 2015, 12:21 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Both Vixen and Psycho-Man refer to "the appropriate marker" without saying which marker is which. Why would we need to state it here, but not on either of those? As long as the player is using the a different marker for each power, it doesn't even really matter which marker they use.
The point you make is correct & valid & now makes me want to change both of those cards. The way they are written (& what you have here) means all powers are valid any time regardless of Markers. They actually are terrible in their execution & I don't know why nobody hasn't pointed it out before. I think it's a case that everybody understands how it works so didn't bother reading the card correctly.
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:31 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A3n, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 1st, 2015, 12:50 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
NAME = BLACK ALICE

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = MOODY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

BORROWED POWERS
After rolling for initiative, you may choose up to two of the other special powers on this card for Black Alice to use. Place the appropriate black Magic Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each Magic Marker on this card. If you roll 1-5, remove that marker from the game.

???

???
Black Alice may add 3 to her Attack number and if she is attacked by an adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.

???
Black Alice may add 2 to her Range and Attack numbers. When attacking with Black Alice, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
After thinking about it for awhile, I think the above version is my favorite so far. It gets the theme pretty well and would be interesting and fun to play. I'd tweak the power set a little like this:

Quote:
BORROWED POWERS
After rolling for initiative, you may choose up to two of the other special powers on this card for Black Alice to use for the remainder of the round. Place the appropriate black Magic Marker(s) on this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each Magic Marker on this card. If you roll 1-5, remove that marker from the game. At the end of each round, remove any Magic Markers from this card.

ATON LIGHTNING STRIKE
Black Alice has the Flying and Super Strength special powers. After attacking an adjacent figure with Black Alice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the defending figure receives 1 wound.

SPECTRE'S GAZE

HELLFIRE BLASTS
Black Alice adds 2 to her Range and Attack numbers. When attacking a non-adjacent with Black Alice, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defending figure to also be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for each affected figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 1st, 2015, 01:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

• Ok, why Aton? That's Black Adam not Cap Marvel, whom she stole the powers of.
  • I see your point about mirroring Spectre, so that makes sense.
  • I don't really get the theme on the third power? Who is it supposed to represent?
As far as the stats I suggested, she has displayed minor powers of her own, especially when she was training with Shadowpact. She was a novice at best on her own.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:08 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Ok, why Aton? That's Black Adam not Cap Marvel, whom she stole the powers of.
I thought someone said she had stolen Black Adam's powers; if not, then it should probably be switched, but if so, Aton Lightning Strike would be a fun power for her to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I don't really get the theme on the third power? Who is it supposed to represent?
It's based on Etrigan's SA.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library