Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 11th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

After much discussion and consideration, it was decided that the SoV will not handle the submission and approval of glyphs like it does units. United Fanscape would still like to handle fan submissions for glyphs, but the structure and format of this process and whether it should be run by the C3V or SoV is still being decided.

For now, the Pendant of Fortune is removed from the process.
Old June 11th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Well, let me know if you guys pick it up again.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 11th, 2015, 04:04 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I'm a faction guy, so I'm excited to see someone use our (relatively) new faction submission system. This group is a good example of units that were refined by soliciting feedback. Overall they seem lean and solid.

to review the Retchtongue Warband
to review Ragsh Skullcrusher
to review Gruul the Wicked
Glad to hear it.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 12th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Ragsh's power is worded awkwardly/has awkward situations that could occur. Assuming I am reading it right:

1. Declare that you are attacking X figure twice.
2. That figure loses two defense dice.
3. The first attack has two possible outcomes:
a. The figure lives through the first attack. Are you now forced to attack that figure again since you previously declared that you would attack him twice and therefore lowered his defense?
b. The figure dies after the first attack. Does that mean he can't attack a different figure with his second swing, since he lowered the first figures defense by declaring that he would attack it multiple times?

It seems like the cleanest solution is to only allow the defense to be lowered on the second hit, which may be the intent, but that's not how I read it.

As for the rest of the cards, they are interesting. It's clever how the bonding squad is basically a four man squad with only three usable sculpts. Obviously it's important to make sure they don't outclass other bonding squads but I don't think that should be a worry.
Old June 12th, 2015, 12:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You don't declare two attacks up front, and the -2 defense dice only applies to the second attack. I agree it could be worded more clearly.
Old June 12th, 2015, 12:46 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I would like to submit The Gnoll Faction to SOV.

The Retchtongue Warclan comes from the world of Toril(D&D). They were designed with the concept depicted in the D&D source books. Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position. The Power that the War chieftain brings to the clan helps organize them and allows them to fight better as a unit. Ambush Tactics utlized by Gruul the Archer, his cunning nature gives him a leg up on the enemy. Ragsh Skullcrusher, has been able to round up the Clan and organize them. They howl with glee when they have numbers advantages and their relentless nature comes out. Ragsh wades into battle confidently when he knows the warband is close, confident and secure in victory he will unleash a torrent of attacks.

Point Value
  • The Squad comes in at 20 points per figure, more than some of the strongest 4 man bonding squads such as 17.5 for Heavies/Knights/Dwarves.
  • The Heroes are priced accordingly with their powers and how they interact with the warclan. They offer a great variety with the clan.

Sculpt Availability
Retchtongue Warband
  • Gnoll Warrior(C) #12 Dungeons Deep Pathfinder Currently just release and in production, found at many large retailers(MM, TrollToad, Auggies, CoolstuffInc, Paizo, etc...) Price ranging from $2.49-4.00
  • Gnoll Slaver(C) #13 Dungeons Deep Pathfinder Currently just release and in production, found at many large retailers(MM, TrollToad, Auggies, CoolstuffInc, Paizo, etc...) Price ranging from $2.00-4.00
  • Gnoll Maruader(C) #31 Dunegons of Dread D&D 175+ from 23 Different Retailers ( Quick ABprices check says prices range from $1.99-4.17)
  • Alternate Gnolls - There are some good Alternate Sculpts such as Gnoll Claw Fighter 77+, Gnoll Fighter 43+ to consider if any questions of availability.

Heroes
  • Gruul - Gnoll fighter(U) #22 Elemental Evil D&D - 84+ found from 12 retailors at 3.50-6.00 a figure.
  • Ragsh - Gnoll Leader(R) #40 Dungeons Deep Pathfinder Currently just release and in production, found at many large retailers(MM, TrollToad, Auggies, CoolstuffInc, Paizo, etc...) Price from 5.99 and up, depending on the retailer.(this price seems to vary greatly, I was able to purchase mine for 4.99. Since it was released yesterday, these prices will even out. )

Faction submitting options
a) Choose a unit to be the "primary" unit of the submission, and the rest to be "secondary" units. The "primary" unit may pass by itself without the "secondary" units passing, but if the "primary" unit fails, all "secondary" units will be withdrawn. "Secondary" units will be judged based on the "primary" unit.

Primary - Retchtongue Warband
Secondary - Ragsh and Gruul

Special Credit to - Scytale (Pack Attack was his design.), Kevindola/Bengi/Dok and others who commented, helped playtest, and had suggestions along the way.
@vegietarian18

I don't think you can "Declare" you are attacking a guy twice and have it actually mean anything. Sure you could say it, but that really doesn't change anything because attacks are done in which the order they take place.

The Condition - When attacking the same figure more than once in a turn,
the defending figure subtracts 2 from its defense dice.

It only triggers when you actually attack for the second time, because other things could prevent you from attacking twice such as Counterstrike, or Vanish(Or it is dead). Therefore Declaring you are attacking Twice doesn't mean anything.

It is the actual action of the second attack.

Glad to hear you like the concept Vegie.

Old June 12th, 2015, 12:53 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Here's a different wording of that power I just threw together:
OVERWHELM ATTACK
After attacking, if 2 figures you control are within 3 clear sight spaces of Ragsh Skullcrusher, he may attack one additional time. If he attacks the same figure a second time this turn, the defending figure subtracts 2 from its defense dice.
Of course, all that matters is that the judges understand the intention.
Old June 13th, 2015, 09:10 AM

@vegietarian18 - does that help? Let me know if you have any more questions. The important thing is that the intent of the power, and it is only on the second hit does the opposing figure get -2 def dice.

Old June 13th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

to review The Gnoll Faction.
Old June 13th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I *really* should have suggested this back when these were submitted to Help With Wurdz, but I think "Overwhelm Attack" should just be "Overwhelm." That has the dual advantages of (1) removing the word "attack" from a special ability, and (2) removing the redundancy.

Pardon the interruption, gentlemen.

edit: The same applies to "Ambush Attack," which should just be "Ambush." I'm content with "Pack Attack" as is, in that it is not redundant.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 13th, 2015, 05:44 PM

I put attack in there, because of the power on Krug's Card "Double Attack", eventhough it is not a special attack, it has referenced the word attack already.

In the end I am not picky about this, if it is preferred by VC to be the other way, I am okay with it being altered. (The name of the powers.)

Last edited by Kinseth; June 13th, 2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: You are forgiven DS :)
Old June 13th, 2015, 05:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

One could easily reason that (attack) Attack is just the nature of the gnolls. They just know they want to attack like crazed monsters, because that's more or less what they are.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs