Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which map is the BEST?!
Primaerskog 3 9.68%
The Sinking Runnel 1 3.23%
Marro Thaw 1 3.23%
Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry 2 6.45%
Mountain Pass 3 9.68%
April 1 3.23%
Halcyon 9 29.03%
Volcarren Paradise 4 12.90%
Jungle Fire 0 0%
Savage Corridor 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 1st, 2017, 12:06 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

You guys are doing great! Keep the maps coming.
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:07 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Well, you've still got till tomorrow night if you think of anything. And if we don't get very many more entries...I'll probably converse with the judges about extending the deadline a few days...but we'll see. So far I think we have 6 entries? and we want at least over 10...so we'll see how it ends up.
If you extend, I may make another entry.
Noted. If we do extend, it will probably just be a few days since our tournament is next Saturday and we'll need the Top 10 selected by then. So we'll keep you posted.

Thoughts on this @Tiranx and @TREX ?
If we don't have ten maps and there are a few submissions in the works, I am fine with an extension.
Old February 1st, 2017, 02:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If the submissions are on the low side that is okay by me.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 1st, 2017, 04:01 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

I like this idea. Its been a while since I tried to build a map for competitive armies. I hope this fits the bill.

From the northern mountains of Jutanguard flows a stream. As it winds north to the sea, it passes a rugged land of unsurpassing beauty. The glacial valley is littered with boulders and conifers so old the very gods may have walked under them in the beginnings of time. This wondrous area is Primærskog.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...zAzbjJLNnFxOEk
Old February 1st, 2017, 07:02 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
I like this idea. Its been a while since I tried to build a map for competitive armies. I hope this fits the bill.

From the northern mountains of Jutanguard flows a stream. As it winds north to the sea, it passes a rugged land of unsurpassing beauty. The glacial valley is littered with boulders and conifers so old the very gods may have walked under them in the beginnings of time. This wondrous area is Primærskog.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...zAzbjJLNnFxOEk
Well well well...if it isn't Legoboy. Welcome back my friend. Thank you for the submission, looks great!

Any chance you and Captain Canuck will be back in action with the video battles? It was watching you guys play that inspired me to start my own channel. You should check it out...Sir Heroscape is my channel on YouTube and I release weekly video content. You can also find my videos with my "Battle Reports" link in my signature.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 1st, 2017, 11:06 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Here is my first entry. It is actually... a completely asymetric map !

I thought that for a map to really fit the theme of ''Wilds of Valhalla'', the map had to feel a bit more natural. I believ it is still balanced though ! I also designed this map with the will to mix BftU with Ticalla. I think they're pretty nice together. I felt like it was a challenge to use Bftu as my master set since you consider it an extension.

Enjoy The Sinking Runnel.

Spoiler Alert!

I might have one other entry coming! If you extend the deadline, I'll try to give it the final push.

Last edited by Simval; February 2nd, 2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:22 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh geez, I forgot how constricting only having one of each set is. Even with only one Thaelik Tundra (did I get that right?) I have so much snow because of small expansions... Not to mention how many RotV's I would need to build it the way I did.

I won't be able to redesign the map tonight, I guess that's what I get for procrastination. If the deadline is extended I will get a map built tomorrow (and I'll get home around noon so I'll actually have time and energy to do so).

Sorry to be an inconvenience.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:50 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Finally finished up testing one of two maps that I've been working on last night. It wasn't designed for this contest (I've been working on it since before your first contest, actually), but I think it's close enough to your theme of "Wilds of Valhalla" to go ahead and enter it. (Ironically enough, the other map I'm working on would probably be more fitting for the theme, but it's unfortunately still going through playtesting.) I apologize again for low-quality pictures - for some reason the computer I borrow to use Virutalscape on completely refuses to do high definition renderings.

April
1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 TT

.hsc file

Backstory:
Spoiler Alert!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; February 3rd, 2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to put in the backstory...
Old February 2nd, 2017, 01:20 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That makes 11 counting the epic alpaca's entry.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 01:37 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

We've decided to extend the deadline till
February 3rd @11:59pm
in order to accommodate for numerous map makers who would still like to enter the contest. Rather than shoe in the 10 current submissions, we'd like to give a chance for others to enter to make this a competition rather than an automatic entry into the Top 10 (being the Top 10 out of only 10 doesn't make sense)

So, for those of you biding your time...here's a small extension for you to get in your submissions. We look forward to what you have in store!

@TheEpicAlpaca we really do need you to edit your submission with the correct requirements. Just PM one of us (or @superfrog who already offered), and we can take care of the coding for you. We'll just need the VirtualScape file. If you have to email it to me as an attachment, you can do that to. But for the sake of continuity lets get it properly submitted.

@Dr.Goomonkey @Simval @capsocrates here are your extensions

@Retlaw @Cleon @NecroBlade hope you have time to finish

@TREX any update on the prize?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:03 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I started working on a map earlier today and should be able to turn something in by the new deadline.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Legends of mighty battles still whisper off the broken battlements, the dust of fallen warriors can be felt underfoot on the dreary cobblestones, and the ghosts of heroes can be glimpsed in the murky waters . . . nestled among the Dark Lakes of Nastraland lies the strategic Wolf Swamp Road. One branch of this road is particularly untamed - the Savage Corridor. As the wild nature of Valhalla reclaims the road, the wildest nature of beast, man, and kyrie surfaces in every skirmish on the Savage Corridor.

We've played a few games on this map. We have found it can handle different strategies with various army builds. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Nomad.
Just played on this map with @Sir Heroscape . We even used it in this weeks video for his channel. I really enjoyed the map a lot. I found the flat land enabled quick movement across the board while higher terrain was very balanced.

We definitely played on almost every part of the map. However, most of the game was closer to Sir Heroscape's start zone than mine...

I know I only have gotten one game on this map, but I already feel like it has great tournament potential! Thanks for the submission, @Nomad .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games