Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Resident Classifieds Guru

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How do I Find AA?

If you want one NIB, it will be a lot harder to locate. If you want one used to play with then your options are much more open. I tend to get about 1 set every 6 months with the collections that I acquire. Recently I got one as a lucky strike extra when I picked up a collection with a TJ in it. I opened the box and started sorting and about danced a jig when I saw Zelrig stuffed in there. I guess the seller had no idea. When I do get them and sell them, I typically charge $150 for the set or about $185 if sold individually (I used to charge $200 for the set.)
Sooo...if you want one, let me know (I should have one more set not claimed yet.)

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 13th, 2014, 01:30 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

If you're a collector, and this was the last thing you needed to complete your set, and you really, really couldn't live without it, then...

I'd still only pay $100 tops for a sealed set. No way is it worth more than that. Anybody who's asking for $150 and over is a) doing this as a business or b) greedy.

We're talking about a set that has only been out of print for less than five years, and retailed for less than $25 (less, on clearance although not so much with AA since it wasn't in TRU or Walmart, AFAIK).

I own two sets, as I do each large creature expansion so both sides can have the same characters. One actually came without cards, and unfortunately I waited too long to have Hasbro replace them. That said, no way I'm going to shell out more than $100 on this set.

Just because you 'can' do something doesn't mean you 'should'.

I guess it's tough though, because how do you know the guy who you think is a true HS fan that you're selling your AA to isn't going to flip it for scalper prices? You can't. So, you get $200 sealed AA sets on ebay.

Unfortunate.
Old December 13th, 2014, 04:47 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You know they're not a scalper if they've been on this site for years

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 13th, 2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Even Ztimster isn't a scalper, he's done a great deal to lower the buy in rate for this game
Old December 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Scalping is somehow not scalping if the scalper has been around a few years? Do you sell these sets for profit? Through an actual company? Then that's not scalping, even though I think your costs are too high (Ticketmaster is a great example of this practice, but they're not scalpers...even though one could argue otherwise).

My point is that $150 is just far too much money for anyone to charge for AA. Is that what they go for on ebay? Perhaps that's the case. Is that what they 'should' be going for?...absolutely not. That's why I feel for gamers, players who really would like the units but have to pay ridiculous prices to do so.

But...as a collector, I don't have that same sympathy. Your reasons for collecting HS are your own, but if it's not to play it (or simply can't as often as you'd like, as in my case) and simply flip it for profit, then OOP HS becomes something akin to old HeroQuest games, or anything else that was discontinued and now commands a relatively high price.

I don't feel sorry for collectors who have to shell out big cash for items in their collection. I do feel sorry for gamers who would love to play with the 'real thing' but can't because collectors have deemed (through supply and demand, fair enough) that something like AA is worth upwards of $150.

Again, unfortunate.
Old December 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I meant if the buyer has been on here for awhile, they aren't going to sell it for more money.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 13th, 2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Unless, they do it as a business of course.
Old December 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What if someone puts something up on ebay with a starting bid of original MSRP or lower, but it then gets bid up to outrageous prices. Is that person a scalper because it is selling for $150?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 13th, 2014, 06:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: How to Find AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Btw, the title of this thread is very misleading.

Taking 12 steps back,
~Bats
I was thinking that I should stop drinking as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 13th, 2014, 07:19 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
What if someone puts something up on ebay with a starting bid of original MSRP or lower, but it then gets bid up to outrageous prices. Is that person a scalper because it is selling for $150?
I vote no, because It's their choice to spend that much.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:46 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

I saw one on eBay for 46 bucks currently.
Old December 26th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

craigslist+patience=win

My biggest score was what I thought was a Rise+VW for $50 (awesome in its own right), but when I went through it I found that it also had tons of extra figs, including Aubriens, Glads, Blasts and 2 flagbearers!

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old December 26th, 2014, 09:02 PM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
craigslist+patience=win

My biggest score was what I thought was a Rise+VW for $50 (awesome in its own right), but when I went through it I found that it also had tons of extra figs, including Aubriens, Glads, Blasts and 2 flagbearers!
Woww, lucky you.
Old January 5th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

How much are opened Aquilla's Alliance going for these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion