Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 30th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 600 Point Competitive Armies

Another army to report that worked very well:

Sujoah 185
Zelrig 370
Fyorlag Spiders (x2) 450
10th Regiment of Foot (x2) 600

Sujoah for heroes, Zelrig for squads, Fyorlags for tie-up and Bonding, 10th Reg for everything else. Well performing.
Old June 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

There was a 600 point tournament in Ann Arbor, MI a couple of weeks ago. See this thread http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=17526&page=21 for a list of tourney-tested 600 point armies.

From that thread, the top 3 armies were (I listed 3 to shamelessly include my 3rd place army ):

Haleon: 600
10th Regiment of the Foot X4
Sacred Band X4
Marcus

Damja:
Aubrien Archers X3
Arkmer
Ulhinesh
Emirron
Johrdawn
Isamu

MI_Tiger: 600
Su-Bak-Na
Stingers X4
Marrden Hounds X2
Marcu Esenwein

The 10th Regiment was great, at least it was against my Stingers and Hounds. I was able to kill them fairly easily, but there were always more to take their place and they hit back hard. In my game against them, the 4th Mass might have been just as effective, but the 10th definitely got the job done.

The elf wizard army was very effective, but took a lot of attention to play well. The owner (damja) said he was exhausted after a few games because of the attention to detail that was required. Its definitely not an army for novices or people who like easy decision making. Damja did great, but many of us would have lost miserably with that army.

Note that this tournament had slightly different rules than most. We played all 6 games on the same small map (which helped melee) and scoring was based on total enemy points destroyed, not win/loss record. Each game was also limited to 5 rounds. Check out the event thread for complete rules and army lists. TheMainMan did a great job of compiling some tourney stats also in the last couple of pages of the thread which may be interesting.
Old June 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice information, MI_Tiger. Thanks for contributing to the 600 thread. Rep+
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:53 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I feel the need to add a couple more armies to this. I'll take my three tournament armies and improve them to 600 points:

Sheffield 6th Place:

Major Q9 - 180
Raelin - 80
Sudema - 140
Kaemon Awa - 120
Deathreavers x2 - 80

At Sheffield, the tourney was 500 points and I had Q10 and Marros instead of Q9 and Kaemon. I went 3-2 and could've easily been 4-1. Raelin and the Rats provide amazing protection for both Q9 and Sudema, and Kaemon might be the best cleanup figure around.

NHSD 07 More Impressive 6th Place:

Major Q9 - 180
Marro Stingers x5 - 300
Deathreavers x3 - 120
(26 Starting spaces - if playing with 24, swap out one set of Stingers and Rats for Raelin and Marcu)

This NHSD tourney was 465 points, and I had Q10 instead of Q9 again and only 3 sets of stingers. I was 5-2 on the day and I felt the army performed amazingly well. With all of that Q9/Stinger firepower, I think this would be a force to be reckoned with.

Sheffield Win:

Runa - 120
Minions of Utgar x3 - 330
Major Q10 - 150

This Sheffield Lake tourney was again 500 points, and I had Runa, Minions x2, AE and Marros. The Minions in multiples proved to be a complete wrecking crew, especially with the threat of Runa to draw attacks away. However, they have a weakness in Braxas and in the lack of a special attack. Major Q10 goes a long way in compensating for those weaknesses, providing a strong special attack and an immune-to-acid figure.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll let you know how this army does in a 600 point tournament I'm having.
10x Zombie-600
I am completely serious in posting it. The tournament includes range, but I'm betting I'll get at least 1 Win.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM

albertic26 Woo who?

my best 600 point army is arkemer , jorhdawn, ulginesh, emiroon,both ashigaru,and the sentinels of jandar.

arkemer and ulginesh can fight okay on there own but htey work better with the other elves.
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Jorhdawn 100
Emirroon 80
Chardris 90
Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Gwyn 20
x2 WoA 100
Otonashi 10

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Another army to report that worked very well:

Sujoah 185
Zelrig 370
Fyorlag Spiders (x2) 450
10th Regiment of Foot (x2) 600

Sujoah for heroes, Zelrig for squads, Fyorlags for tie-up and Bonding, 10th Reg for everything else. Well performing.
That looks like a very sharp army, even with so little range! I'm liking the Zelrig/Sujoah team-up.

If I got a chance to play in a 600-point tournament with lots of start zone spaces, I'd want to use blasts/glads:

320 Glads x4
180 Blasts x3
080 Raelin
020 Marcu
600 points, 30 spaces

Or maybe this as a second choice:

300 10th Foot x4
120 Rats x3
080 Raelin
100 Agent Carr
600 points, 30 spaces

With Raelin and rats, Carr should live long enough to deal some serious damage to high-priced enemy heroes like Taelord, Hivelords, and superheroes.

Blasts/glads for 600/24:

240 Glads x3
120 Blasts x2
220 Captain America
020 Marcu
600 points, 22 spaces

140 Knights x2
105 Gilbert
080 Finn
030 Eldgrim
240 Iron Man

With both Gilbert and Finn increasing their attack, the heavy hands of the Knights will be a major threat. I've played armies like this before, and sometimes the enemy tries to kill Iron Man in your start zone before he can get the Finn spirit. This is good for you if it happens, because it usually means fast figures are coming to your Knights instead of forcing you to chase them.
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM

mopi69 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

these are two good 600 point teams including taelord and Minions

2x Minions 220
nakitas 120
taelord 180
Raelin 80

2x Minions 220
2x Omnicron 200
Taelord 180

Go minons
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:32 PM

Swog Rider (x2) 50
Arrow Gruts (x3) 170
Mimring 320
Krug 440
Major Q10 590
Isamu 600
Old July 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Quote:
Major Q9
Laglor
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)
Isamu
WOW

With two auras your mobility is limited, but who cares when you have range TEN, NINE, & EIGHT!!! Not to mention wicked defense when/if anything gets close enough to threaten. Then your opponent has to decide who to attack first: the defense boosting kyrie, the smoke screen ladies, or the giant robot that keeps killing everything??

Just flat nasty.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old July 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Quote:
Major Q9
Laglor
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)
Isamu
WOW

With two auras your mobility is limited, but who cares when you have range TEN, NINE, & EIGHT!!! Not to mention wicked defense when/if anything gets close enough to threaten. Then your opponent has to decide who to attack first: the defense boosting kyrie, the smoke screen ladies, or the giant robot that keeps killing everything??

Just flat nasty.
Yep. My girlfriend owned my army with that one.

Although, that's the game that spawned this thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19227

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion