Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 19th, 2018, 07:21 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Last Saturday with my game group, we got in two plays of the new Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate, and one play of Space Hulk: Death Angel.

Love more Betrayal, not a perfect game by any means, but it’s a favorite of our group. The new version is just as good as the original!

And Death Angel is one of my favorites, even going I’ve onmy beat it once or twice!

And my other buddy backed Gloomhaven on Kickstarter. And it’s the onl dungeon crawler that I’m pinning to play over and over... holy crap it’s good!!
Old January 19th, 2018, 07:22 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Oh boy! Keglo has got the bug now

I think you made some very solid choices there Kegs. Seems like you've done your research and have gotten a nice variety there and all quality games too. Congrats!

Does the wife know?
Hah! Thanks Hahma. Yeah she knows.

Oddly, she doesnt seem nearly as excited as me.

Man, she better at least like some of them.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 19th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Last Saturday with my game group, we got in two plays of the new Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate, and one play of Space Hulk: Death Angel.

Love more Betrayal, not a perfect game by any means, but it’s a favorite of our group. The new version is just as good as the original!

And Death Angel is one of my favorites, even going I’ve onmy beat it once or twice!

And my other buddy backed Gloomhaven on Kickstarter. And it’s the onl dungeon crawler that I’m pinning to play over and over... holy crap it’s good!!
Haven't played the new Betrayal yet. I've played the original a few times and its always been fun. It's not a perfect game, but fun when not taking it too seriously. I've played Death Angel only once and it was a beast and we lost. It was at least 5 years ago.

I backed the first printing of Gloomhaven and my daughters and I played it maybe 6 times. The one daughter pretty much got out of gaming totally after that, and the other was kind of losing interest, though we did get to play a good bit of Frostgrave, which I'd rather play anyway. So maybe at some point when I don't have a million other things going on hobbywise (painting minis, making terrain, making and playing solo campaigns etc) I may dig out Gloomhaven again and continue it solo with the 3 characters that we had started. Heck, I still have to get back to playing Lord of the Rings Living Card Game solo. I love that game, but it's been years and I have a lot of stuff I haven't even played through yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Oh boy! Keglo has got the bug now

I think you made some very solid choices there Kegs. Seems like you've done your research and have gotten a nice variety there and all quality games too. Congrats!

Does the wife know?
Hah! Thanks Hahma. Yeah she knows.

Oddly, she doesnt seem nearly as excited as me.

Man, she better at least like some of them.
Well, you may be excited because you did the research and know more about what you are getting. So there's that. Let us know if she likes them

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 20th, 2018, 06:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A guy in GA and one in NJ have just gotten their Kickstarter shipping notices for next Tuesday Jan. 23, for my most anticipated game of the century, RISING SUN, due in February. The temperature's rising...

Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy till we see the sun
I know we only met but let's pretend its love
And never, never, never stop for anyone
Tonight let's get some--and live while we're young!

--Grant Gustin as Sebastian Smythe and The Warblers, Glee

Last edited by chas; January 20th, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old January 21st, 2018, 06:18 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I just bought a shared copy of Gloomhaven with the guys I'm gonna play it and I'm super stoked! Now I find out that I'm soon to receive my copy of Rising Sun?!? What a great day!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old January 21st, 2018, 09:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

See the Kickstarter thread just next door, for the very first Rising Sun unboxing video from Asia, where they and the Australians were the first to receive their cartons!

(Edit) Also now, a photo of all the minis goodness.

Last edited by chas; January 22nd, 2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 08:34 AM

878 Vikings: Invasions of England (Academy) has been incredible fun just solitaire so far. After two core games, one with the tiny deck building option, I played the two shorter scenarios given. Now there are ten mini expansions (including the promo card set from The BGG Store).

So I've played one game with two of them, and plan to try a different pair of expansions in the next four games until I've tried them all.

Meanwhile, I'll return to the basic game when I finally have a live opponent, like Taeblewalker once he gets off of Jury Duty!
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:19 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I played my first game of Blood Rage with the wife and it didn't go quite as well as I had hoped. She was less than enthused with it after one play through, even though she completely destroyed me. I asked her to give it at least three games before she makes a decision on it. Hopefully she will do so.

As for my feelings on it, I don't really know how I feel about it. I played badly. So bad that I have to question weather or not that I was even playing correctly. I'm going to have to watch some more game-play videos to make sure that I have it right.

I am loving those miniatures though.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 03:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

There is a learning curve for Blood Rage. I recall my first game (4 player game) of it ever I had no idea what I was doing and ended up with something like 9 points. Then we immediately played another game and I won with a score of somewhere around 150. You need to get a feel for what cards are in play and just how you are suppose to use them effectively.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:01 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Agreed; the strategy for Blood Rage is a bit different from other games. Sometimes you actually want to get your dudes killed, which just feels weird.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yup, and once others figure out that you want your guys to die they can start making moves to make that harder on you.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:06 AM

Yeah, there is a lot about it that I just didn't get. It was a two player game so the board was pretty empty starting off. My first issue was, Do I invade adjacent to her and contest all of her pillages? Or do I invade away from her and pillage uncontested while she too freely pillages?

Then, once we did start battling, I lost all of my guys. I never really recovered from that throughout the rest of the game. I mean, how do you overcome being so outnumbered when you can only invade one at a time and she has 4 to 6 guys on the map? No matter where you go you are likely to get forced into a battle that you can't win because you are outnumbered. Especially if she has guys in Yggdrasil, she can then reach you no matter where you invade.

I really think that I'll like the game. I just have to work out some of these issues.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games