Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Dark Avengers/Cabal/H.A.M.M.E.R. Faction Thread

Sounds interesting.

I definitely think dropping the class change is the right call.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's kind of why I liked Master Motivator for Iron Patriot. IP is kind of Norman's "getting stuff done" identity; when he gets out and leads the fight, his cronies follow along as an army. If he isn't present, well, they don't function too well as a team.

Meanwhile I could see both Moonstone and Victoria Hand with secondary leadership powers, as they both kind of fill IP's leadership role when he's not around.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

CHAOTIC LEADERSHIP
After rolling for initiative, the player who won initiative may move any Order Markers on the Army Cards of figures you control other than this card to any other Army Cards you control.

I feel like that, Master Motivator, and Double Attack would make for an interesting game. Or maybe Operative Field Commander instead of Double Attack? I like how DA and Master Motivator work together, though (and it reflects the Iron Man aspect of the character).
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
HAWKEYE
LESTER ???

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
OPERATIVE
PRECISE

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5

MOVE 5
RANGE 7
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5

175 POINTS

DEADLY AIM

When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Hawkeye, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure attacked by Hawkeye's Deadly Aim, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

BRUTAL METHODS
If Hawkeye attacks an opponent's figure and does not inflict a wound, he may immediately attack that figure one additional time. [Add some sort of negative if he does do another attack - to represent him "going off the rails" and producing bad PR.]
I like what you've done here. For Brutal Methods, it would be cool if the negative was that all Operatives you controlled are considered Criminals for the remainder of the round. That would break up synergies and potentially open them up for negative synergies like Daredevil's Criminal Intimidation.
Old July 18th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Here's my write-up for Karla as Moonstone. Not 1-1 with Meteorite because two identical cards is boring and I wanted to delve into something a little different for one of my favorite villains.

Spoiler Alert!

And here's one for her as Ms. Marvel. Still toying around with this one and I'm particularly up for brainstorming on Treacherous Lieutenant. I'm sure there's an argument that she doesn't need three designs, but like I said, she's a favorite of mine.

Spoiler Alert!

I want something to play up the fact that she's basically the Starscream of the Marvel Universe (except she's smart), and I want to do it in a way that plays off Iron Patriot nicely. I felt like some OM management to help Iron Patriot manage the risks of Chaotic Leadership would work nicely.
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Reactionary Phasing probably needs a number attached here and on Shadow Cat II so it can be tweaked if necessary.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, that occurred to me while I was grabbing it off of Shadowcat, but I didn't immediately address it because I'm cool with the number for Karla.
Old July 18th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

She's definitely an interesting character as well as one that I have zero ideas for, so I've got no problem with you tinkering a bit. The original Meteorite is pretty straightforward.

First of all - I don't know if I've ever specifically articulated this, but I always sort of pictured the Dark Avengers as a faction that encourages you to push your luck. Iron Patriot is the centerpiece, and he's already a risk/reward figure - it's risky to put OMs on any figures other than him. So, I'd like to see each "Dark Avenger" have a power that triggers based on an OM on their card, for example.

Ms. Marvel there definitely hits that - if you win initiative, you win big, but if you lose, you lose big. So she compounds the dysfunction when things are going off the rails, something that I think is key to the overall feel of the group. So that's something I'm very happy with.

That being said I think the Moonstone design looks more fun to me... but Cutting Losses is the sort of thematic power I love seeing on the card, even if it's a bit narrow.

EDIT: Oh, this reminds me that I never posted the Daken-as-Wolverine brainstorm draft I have. But it's been five years so forgive me.

Violent Whims is really rough and probably not the right direction, but it's a good example of what I'm going for... you can get Fake Wolverine for cheaper than real Wolverine, but if you don't feed him OMs, he might stop listening to you and decide he wants to go kill someone else. But if you do feed him OMs, Chaotic Leadership might screw up your plans entirely.

WOLVERINE
AKIHIRO

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
CHARLATAN
WILD

MEDIUM 4

LIFE 5

MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5

200 POINTS

VIOLENT WHIMS

Before taking a turn with Wolverine, if you did not reveal an Order Marker on this card, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 3 or less, choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Wolverine at random. If another Wolverine figure is within 4 clear sight spaces, that figure must be chosen instead. During this turn, you must move Wolverine as close to the chosen figure as possible, and Wolverine cannot attack any other figure this turn.

MURAMASA CLAWS
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine. If the defending figure received one or more wounds and has the Healing Factor or Healing Factor X special power, it receives one additional wound.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Wolverine, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, if you reveal your X Order Marker on any Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power, remove one wound from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

Last edited by johnny139; July 18th, 2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old July 18th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Symbiotic

I definitely wanted Ms. Marvel to lean into the high-risk/high-reward thing that Iron Patriot kicked off, yeah. Slightly tricky balance to find, where they have that kind of risky playstyle but you still want to play them together.

Violent Whims seems like it's on the right track, but could probably use some refining.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 05:59 PM
Symbiotic

Oh, and here are my spins on Gargan as Spidey and as Venom:

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 5th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Symbiotic

@johnny139

Would you mind if I moved this out into the public? MrNobody expressed an interest in doing some Dark Avengers brainstorming on the Discord, and I thought it might be handy to put this out there for him. I think a lot of the stuff early on in the thread is old enough that we wouldn't approach it the same way anymore, but it might still be a nice starting point.
Old March 5th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I think that should be fine. Definitely don't think I'll be running with any of these designs as-is right now (maybe Daken Wolverine) and it's not a huge priority for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy