Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!
What figures do you leave on their flight stands?

Sometimes it's obvious that a character has to stay on their flight stand. MODOK sitting on the ground is just stupid looking. However, for me the vast majority of my flying figures end up rebased without a flight stand. So let's list what we personally decided to leave on their flight stands.

1) Superboy (Kal-EL) [his non pegged foot is weird, won't fit without stand]
2) MODOK [duh]
3) Wasp [too tiny without stand, has trouble seeing anything]
4) Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad [I'm debating on these right now. They're a little too short without their flight stands due to the 45 degree angle they're positioned at, but they're a little too tall with them].
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: What figures do you leave on their flight stands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clembo2021 View Post
Sometimes it's obvious that a character has to stay on their flight stand. MODOK sitting on the ground is just stupid looking. However, for me the vast majority of my flying figures end up rebased without a flight stand. So let's list what we personally decided to leave on their flight stands.

1) Superboy (Kal-EL) [his non pegged foot is weird, won't fit without stand]
2) MODOK [duh]
3) Wasp [too tiny without stand, has trouble seeing anything]
4) Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad [I'm debating on these right now. They're a little too short without their flight stands due to the 45 degree angle they're positioned at, but they're a little too tall with them].
Out of your list, the only one I left on the stand was Wasp. Modok I left the top of the stand on (The thing the actual figure is glued to) so he's not directly on the ground. The Legionaries look fine without.

Off the top of my head, I left Mxyzptlk, Vulture, and my flying-pose Superman on their flying stands.

I just prefer to lose 'em!
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I leave them all as I feel it adds a little extra character to them
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:07 PM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

I put most flyers on the ground if it's even remotely possible they're "taking off" or standing on the ground. Figures that are horizontal get flight stands. Others that did that I can think of offhand were the Hawkmen and the Parademon Shock Troopers.

Usually I clip the stand to half-height or so if I include it.
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Falcon & Iceman are both still on their stands for me. No other way to have those two. I think everything else I have brought down to the ground level. Most of the ones that stand on the little plastic oval are still standing on those though. I just remove the main part and glue that oval right on to the base. A few of the fliers I have glued to directly to their base have needed to be re glued though and that does get a bit annoying.

Also I wish I had left the Trickster on his stand. His back foot is lower then the one that is glued down so it has to hang off over the edge of the base and it just looks a little strange. But I used a different figure than the one suggested so others won't have that issue.

Last edited by Yodaking; September 21st, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Falcon I have on the stand too, yeah. Iceman I nixed the stand, it's really simple and looks quite good, actually.

Old September 21st, 2012, 11:50 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Iceman is, maybe was, the only one I kept on his flight base. I am now thinking of attaching him straight to the base like Lord Pyre.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:10 AM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

I forgot Vulture. Without a stand he's tiny.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:23 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not using the correct Vulture figure either so mine looks fine on a base. May have to look into bringing Iceman down onto a base now that I have seen Pyres. I don't like having the figures up so high they can't hide behind obstacles.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:51 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not using the correct Vulture figure either so mine looks fine on a base. May have to look into bringing Iceman down onto a base now that I have seen Pyres. I don't like having the figures up so high they can't hide behind obstacles.
I agree, especially if Iceman doesn't have an official looking Silver Surfer styled clear elevated base.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; September 22nd, 2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't like having the figures up so high they can't hide behind obstacles.
Whereas I take a different approach. Flyers are pretty powerful in the fact that they can move around the battlefield so easily. The way I look at it is the downside of flying is that they are extremely visible. That's why I leave all my flyers up on their poles. In fact, I even try to mount heroclix figures that fly but are sculpted to the base onto extra clear plastic poles. Another advantage of this is that it's extremely easy to tell who can fly and who cannot when you play. No need to look at a symbol on a card.

I know I'm in the minority here. But oh well, to each his own huh?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's a neat idea Grish, sort of like the "true flying" rules that were in the codex a while ago.

I don't rebase my heroclix .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy