Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 19th, 2021, 10:09 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

I recently found this kit of Russian WWII soldiers while looking for a sculpt for a personal custom. If you're willing to relax the "official" sculpt rules as done for the Rackham units, $29.99 buys five three-man Common Squads, two copies of an Uncommon Hero, and three Unique Heroes. However, further investigation shows that the sculpts are 1 inch/23.4 mm tall, so I'm not sure how well they would fit classic 'Scape's scale.
Old October 19th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I recently found this kit of Russian WWII soldiers while looking for a sculpt for a personal custom. If you're willing to relax the "official" sculpt rules as done for the Rackham units, $29.99 buys five three-man Common Squads, two copies of an Uncommon Hero, and three Unique Heroes. However, further investigation shows that the sculpts are 1 inch/23.4 mm tall, so I'm not sure how well they would fit classic 'Scape's scale.
Sculpts like Otonashi are in that size range, so it's not unprecedented.

Old October 19th, 2021, 10:27 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Well, that's encouraging. A set of Medium 4's sounds perfectly doable; I think C3V's Vietnam War soldiers have that height, too, so the size shouldn't clash with the theme.
Old October 20th, 2021, 03:00 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I have seen minis like this in the past at places like Hobby Lobby, they look really off next to Heroscape minis. Heroscape is in heroic scale more or less, so it's around 28/32mm scale. Best case scenario for these then is that they're 5mm short, that's assuming Heroscape minis are more on the 28mm side of 28-32mm. It could be more like 9mm.

I do really want to see more historical units in the customs projects though. Anything from the US Civil War to modern soldiers would be awesome to see.
Old October 20th, 2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have seen minis like this in the past at places like Hobby Lobby, they look really off next to Heroscape minis. Heroscape is in heroic scale more or less, so it's around 28/32mm scale. Best case scenario for these then is that they're 5mm short, that's assuming Heroscape minis are more on the 28mm side of 28-32mm. It could be more like 9mm.

I do really want to see more historical units in the customs projects though. Anything from the US Civil War to modern soldiers would be awesome to see.
I am surprised that the figures would look so jarring. D&D minis use a smaller scale, and I've never noticed any major issues with those in comparison to classic Heroscape units. That's definitely a shame, though; it's hard to find properly proportioned sculpts for military units, so this would have been a nice opportunity.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 12:54 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Redacted, want to edit figures before I suggest them

Last edited by Knox; November 3rd, 2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old November 8th, 2021, 11:53 PM

For some reason, Saturday's announcement of the C3V's use of the Return of the Runelords set really got my creative juices flowing. As a result, I would like to suggest considering the following thematic angles and personages for the appropriate figures from that set.

Alaznist #01:
Boudica Boudica
(redheaded warrior queen; Roman-era British folk hero).
Belimarius #02: Elizabeth Báthory (Hungarian countess, serial killer, and alleged vampire)
Karzoug #03: Durgeth high priest (the sculpt has the right sickly skin and dark hair, and the skin ornamentation, clawed hand, and burning scepter convey a monstrous shaman theme).
Xanderghul #06: / Babylonian warlord/king (reliable details on the Middle Babylonian Period are limited; moreover, if you trust Wikipedia, peacocks, whose feathers appear on the sculpt, were associated with royalty in Babylon. This is a carte-blanche opportunity to make a historical unit from an era and location untouched by both Classic 'Scape and VC).
Old November 9th, 2021, 05:30 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Back in Wave 15, the C3V utilized the "Pathfinder Battles: Beginner Box" miniatures for Martial La Hire, Myrddin, Arashara Goshiri, and Elaria the Pale. Apparently, the characters these minis embody are a big deal in Pathfinder lore. While scrolling through minisgalery.com I came across other sculpts for these characters.

The Beginner Box Heroes was released in 2011.

The Iconic Heroes Boxed Sets I (La Hire) and II (the others) were released in early 2015 and unfortunately are unusable since they aren't readily available.

The Iconic Heroes Evolved box, released in 2019, is decently available and has sculpts for all but Myrddin. It also contains 3 other minis that look pretty cool. 2 of which obviously fit into existing factions. This box is much more readily available.

I propose this Iconic Heroes Evolved box for the potential that more heroes than just Drake and Raelin (and to a lesser extent, Hrognak) get updated, more powerful, and more anachronistic from their time in Valhalla.

I'm going to give these V2s a shot over in my customs thread but I figured this would be a better way to make it real.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 9th, 2021, 09:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The idea was discussed when I was still an active member, but never took off for reasons I can't recall. Maybe it will be revisited, who knows

The biggest problem with the idea is that the figures are all pretty fantasy--La Hire and Arashara were stretched as historical figures, but "medium unique heroes" are still an overdone area in custom-land and C3V tries to steer away from them unless the ideas really stand out.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 9th, 2021, 10:09 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I mean personally, a good mini is a good mini.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 9th, 2021, 11:17 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sustain the previous comment.
Old November 10th, 2021, 12:43 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could they be used as alternate sculpts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs