Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 3rd, 2021, 11:13 AM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

T-Rex,

The only CMON games I own are the Lang myth games and his Godfather, which have no rebox problems, except for having to store them in multiple boxes. But my upcoming The Great Wall (Awaken Realms) has a problem with fitting the assembled cardboard walls and towers back into the boxes! I won't have the game until November, but this is the word on BGG from Asian and European posters who have received theirs.
Old October 19th, 2021, 09:00 PM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

Played my first game of Empire of the Stars with live opponents. We had a blast! This game was hurricane'd out twice, but we finally got it to the table.
Old October 25th, 2021, 08:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I played a game called The Rose King for the first time this weekend. It's a pretty simple to understand 2 player game with lots of strategy considerations and a touch of luck. I enjoyed it and would play again for sure. If you are looking for a new 2 player game, it's worth checking out.

Old October 25th, 2021, 09:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I played the $300 version of Catan. Same meh kind of game but incredible components.
I also played a 2-player Arkham Horror 2nd edition. We lost and Nyarlathotep devoured us.

Old October 31st, 2021, 10:50 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

October Gaming:

I was able to get up to Con of the Rings again in MN and that was a great time as always. I did unfortunately miss NHSD so that was a bummer. Marvel Champions also hit 200 plays so far this year. MTS should be here in the next day or two so I'm sure I'll play thorugh that campaign with my kids and one of my game groups. I was glad to get Street Masters and Altar Quest to the table. I really like the Sadler brother's Modular Deck System they have with many of their games. Hour of Need should be finally showing up in the next month or so.

LotR LCG x 21
Marvel Champions x 10
Heroscape x 4
Marvel Legendary x 2
Dragon Slayer x 2
Street Masters x 4
Ashes x 4
Altar Quest x 2
Forbidden Island
Dungeon Mayhem

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 23rd, 2021, 05:29 AM

After the recent reissue of mounted Memoir 44 Breakthrough Boards so we could get a second pair of them, a pal and I are working on a Memoir 44 Overthrough Project. So far he's printed out 10 fan scenarios for me. This is a game format that was introduced in the old D-Day Landings expansion. But now with two mounted boards rather than the preprinted paper ones, you can play this deep and wide board format for many other WWII setting besides D-Day, by going to the Days of Wonder site to get the pairs of maps (Left Map and Right Map for each scenario).

Overthrough combines the double map width of Overlord with the depth of the Breakthrough format. Most of these battles have a good number of special scenario rules. You'll also need the Breakthrough Deck from the Winter Wars expansion and a Terrain Pack or two.

So far I've tried out Operation Sea Lion solitaire, and now France 1940 with my project partner, who has just brought me 10 of the scenarios printed out. There are a few more he's still trying to get.

We are discussing this project on BGG on the M44 forum. These are large games that take up table space and take many hours to play. But those who think Memoir 44 is only a simple basic game haven't kept up with the current expansions and new formats!
Old November 23rd, 2021, 09:55 PM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

Been back at Bloodbowl for a little while...it's what started me collecting Heroscape (2 packs of Zombie's and I had another team).
Expecting a re-issue of Dungeonbowl to be coming out very soon and I'm looking forward to that.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 23rd, 2021 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Although I still hate painting figures.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:18 PM

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Very close game of Arkham Horror; we had to close one more gate to win, and a player was poised to do it on his next turn. Then we had a few gates open and the ancient one woke up. We were devoured.

Old November 27th, 2021, 06:12 AM

We're having a four player first game of The Great Wall (Awaken Realms) here today. Although the USA is the last country in the world to get it after a very convoluted shipping adventure from China, and mine won't be here for a couple of weeks or so, somehow a guy responded to my invitational BGG Organized Play thread that already has his! This is the first time I issued an invitation before I had the game in hand, and it certainly paid off!

He's bringing it down here to NYC from upstate. Sherman Davies and another local pal will be here too. There is finally an official hour long video on How To Play out on this breathtaking design of worker placement, tower defense, tableau building, and take that! The minis and graphics are beautiful.

Games on China are rare, I'll be getting another one next year. The Gamefound campaign for Spring and Autumn: Story of China starts Dec. 1! Its the sequel to Hellenica: Story of Greece (Mr. B. Games), which I have here.
Old November 27th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yesterday I went to a game day event with my gaming group, where there were about 20 people at the indoor soccer facility that we met up at. I haven't gamed there in quite awhile, as I've only played a few games and DnD at my buddy Brian's house, and a game of Frostgrave at my buddy Chris's house.

The event was from noon until 10pm, but I only stayed from 12:30 til 4.

I talked to some old friends again and ended up only playing one game, though it was a longer game called Dwellings of Eldervale. My friend Rob had kickstarted it and man is it a big game. He got everything you can get for it. It was an awesome game. A euro game that has a good bit of combat and monster minis that give it a cool minis game feel.

Dwellings of Eldervale is an epic worker placement game set in a once lost magical world. Giant elemental monsters roam while dragons, wizards and warriors battle for dominance over 8 elemental realms. Players control unique factions seeking to adventure, battle, grow in power and ultimately dwell Eldervale, shaping it to their vision.

Dwellings of Eldervale blends worker placement, area control, engine building and unique worker units. Players take turns placing a worker in Eldervale or regrouping and activating their tableau of adventure cards. Action spaces include realms key to power: a summoning portal, an ancient mill, the lost fortress, deep dungeons, and a crumbling mage tower and the elemental lands of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Light, Dark, Order and Chaos! Magic cards grant spells, quests and prophecies to players.

In the end, the players with the most elemental dominance among the multiple paths to victory will reign over Eldervale.

—description from the publisher

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 27th, 2021, 07:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I haven’t been getting too much to the table but did manage a few games of Star Wars legion . Hands down my favorite war game. We got some games in with there new points adjustment and errata in November. The changes make list building so much fun, especially this last go around. I play all four factions but my favorite is the Galactic Empire. Also played a little zombicide second edition. It’s good old zombicide, but with some better tweaks and easier playability. Lastly, I got in a game of Frostgrave 2.0 with my little nephew. It’s the first time I’ve got to run 2.0. I’ve played dozens of Frostgrave 1.0 games. I really liked the changes. Nothing severe, just incentivizes players to play a wizard game with some combat instead of a combat game with a little wizardry. Overall much better. Only downside was the rule book wasn’t quite as easy to navigate. The first edition is a pretty high bar to compare to.
Old November 28th, 2021, 11:08 PM

We played the first five (tutorial) scenarios of Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. The boss monster scenario (#5) was a real nail biter but we pulled it out in the end. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The best part is that my friend has it (and the regular Gloomhaven game) so I don't have to spend any money!

She also bought Ankh which we haven't played yet, as well as second edition of Tyrants of the Underdark.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games